New banning message?

Posted by loony636

'pze no ban me! I wacko crackoism. pze understand crackoism', the code for saying that you're banned, can it change??? I'm sick of seeing pze no ban me! I wacko crackoism. pze understand crackoism! all the time. Change it to something like, 'I'm a big fat n00b that got him/herself banned!!!'

Posted by Corrupt

I dunno about anyone else, but I preferred it when it was just 'Banned.' Maybe Jesse should have made it so that a user couldn't put that for his/her title, in order to prevent confusion.

But oh well; it's not like it's going to make any difference anyway.

Posted by loony636

Lots of other forums that I have gone on have just had Banned. Maybe keeping it simple, like Corrupt said, is better...

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, but I think one of the reasons why it was eventually changed was because people would put 'Banned' as their user titles, and a lot of people would get confused as to whether they were actually banned or not. I think it also has to do with Jesse wanting to add that little piece of "wackoizm" in there, and stuff.

Oh well.

Posted by Hyper

I'll leave it in honor of Jesse.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Corrupt: Yeah, but I think one of the reasons why it was eventually changed was because people would put 'Banned' as their user titles,

But people could change their user titles to I have wackoism, plz understand wackoism.

Quoting Hyper: I'll leave it in honor of Jesse.

You mean he's actually gone? I just thought this was one big April Fools Joke!

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Dude, Loony, the reason we do that is because when Jesse was trying to get Bjarni (Blaziken) to come back, Bjarni said to him "I have autism! Please understand autism!"

So Jesse, being a wacko, made it his own by saying "pze no ban me! I have wackoism! pze understand wacko/crackoism!". So now VGC administration does that to those who are banned in honor of Jesse.

Posted by Klarth

I'd really prefer it if it was changed back to "Banned." Or, even better, "banned" for a permaban and "on suspension" for a temp.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, it'd be better if the user title for banned members was changed into how long the ban is.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting loony636: But people could change their user titles to I have wackoism, plz understand wackoism.

Yeah, but then people would be able to tell that they're not really banned because it's a false title. The real banning message, "pze no ban me! I wacko crackoism. pze understand crackoism" is too long for a normal user to fit in their title, so they wouldn't be able to have it as their title. When someone is banned, the title character limit is bypassed, and yeah... that's how you can tell.

Posted by loony636

That's a great idea! Now I see why it works!