Leaf Green or Fire Red

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've been wanting to try out a pokemon game for awhile now, and once the prices drop a bit, I'll buy either of these. Now, I know they are remakes, and I'm guessing there are different places and pokemon you encounter, but you can import them into each file after anyhow, correct? Anyways, which one would you recommend I pick up first?

Posted by sabre

I'd probably recommend you pick up only one; the other will just be the same game with a couple of pok

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Ahh, I see. Well, I'll pick up Leaf Green then sometimes, thanks.

Posted by Shade

Well, they don't seem that different to me. I only went with Fire Red because I got Red on the original version. And Charizard is cooler than Venasaur. :cool:

But Leaf Green does have Sneasel.....

Posted by Average n00b

I picked up Leaf green, I'm going to get fire red later on though.

Posted by Corrupt

Man, what's with more people liking Sneasel nowadays? For years, it always seemed that I was alone in my fondness for the little guy. Not that I'm saying it's a bad thing or anything.

Either way, I'd recommend Fire Red, actually. I like all the exclusives you can catch in it more than the ones in Leaf Green (save for Sneasel). In fact, the only reason why I ever wanted Leaf Green was because of Sneasel; if I had known that he was only in Leaf Green when I purchased my copy of Fire Red, I probably would've opted for the former instead. But anyway, a buddy of mine with Leaf Green took care of that problem by trading me a Sneasel, so I'm all set. :cool:

So yeah, my vote goes to Fire Red. I don't expect you to get it, but it's the one that I like.

Posted by TheMooChicken

The way I got my games was Red, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Lg/Fr (same night, played Fr first), and the last of all, Blue. I have always been a fan of the "Red" half of the games.