Hellsing: Ultimate

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

This just in: HUGE NEWS for all fans of Hellsing: Season 2 has FINALLLY been announced! This time, the series will be following the manga, not the anime, which is wonderful, as the manga is FAR better than the anime. Here is the announcement:

Hellsing: Ultimate OVA

SeriesAnime on DVD has acquired information released by Geneon at the MIP TV trade show in France regarding a couple of new shows that Geneon is involved with or has licensed.

The first is a brand new Hellsing OAV series.

Geneon is listed as the North American and Japanese distributor for the new Hellsing OAV series. According to the one-sheet, the "Hellsing Ultimate OVA Series" is "based on original comic." Reliable information that we have received from industry sources tells us that the series will be much more faithful to the original manga than the TV series. Also of note, while Gonzo's parent company, GDH, is listed as the Asian and European license holder for the OAV, they are not significantly involved in the production of the new series.

The one-sheet lists the episodes as 35 minutes each but does not provide any information on the number of episodes.

Source: [URL=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6511]Anime News Network[/URL]

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Wait, if I watch this, does it mean I don't need to watch Hellsing, in a technical manner I mean :)

I don't know doo doo about manga btw :(

Posted by Sable Wind

*orgasm*

Posted by Ant

Sounds sexy. I look forward to watching it :D

Posted by The Judge

I'm already an avid reader of the Mangas, but I'll be sure to watch the series too.

You had best watch it, its going to be godly.

Posted by The Judge

If not I guess I'll just put an axe through my TV.

You'd better.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: *orgasm*

\
jtrjatr

Posted by crimsoncinder

I wanna watch..

Posted by William

Um...since I've never read the manga, is this going to continue off of where Hellsing's first season/series left off, or restart the series anew and add things to it?

I'm hoping for the first choice, but either way I think I'll try to find a way to watch it, since I love Hellsing.

Quoting William: Um...since I've never read the manga, is this going to continue off of where Hellsing's first season/series left off, or restart the series anew and add things to it?

I'm hoping for the first choice, but either way I think I'll try to find a way to watch it, since I love Hellsing.

Restart it, thankfully. The manga is a LOT better, imo.

So, everyone else get the opening "For Fleaks" opening for the OVA? It's aboslutely incredible. The animation style is simply wonderful, and I'm quite a bit more fond of it than last one. The whole design of Ultimate is just so much better than the original as far as I am concerned. Music isn't that bad either, considering Yasushi isn't doing it. The first summary episode is now online, so get it when you can. We'll see DVD #1 online right before the 10th of Febuary. Until then, this is a wonderful treat. I'll post some screenshots in a bit.

...Hell, I'll do it now.

Opening Scene

Priest of Cheddar

The New Seras

Cheddar's Ghouls - Much Better Looking

Sir Integra Wingates Hellsing

Walter Dodonnez

Alucard At Last

Alucard In The Moonlight

The Bird of Hermes

Posted by -])arkSide-

*drools* They finally released the OVAs? Where can I get this.
*gets on knees and starts to beg*
You must tell me.!

Look around. It shouldn't be hard to find. I'm sure no one will dislike the pure awesomeness of it..

Quoted post: It shouldn't be hard to find.

Hahaha, I was going to check there sometime today for it. But I wasn't sure if anything was released yet. Glad to hear it is. So badass.

Indeed it is.

Can't wait for the first DVD on the 10th.

Watched it yersterday.

Other than the lack of subs, I was very happy with it.

Can't wait for the DVD!

Posted by stone cold nicholas

If it's possible to drool to death then i just died a billion times over.

Posted by boomstick

Well, I enjoyed Hellsing and do have slightly high hopes for this one, the teaser looked nice and I hope for some more true undead fights, that last fight in Hellsing, though short, was extremely well done.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Is this something entirely new or the same thing with better animation?

It's entirely based on the manga. The original series was not.

So I say it's new.

Quoted post: that last fight in Hellsing, though short, was extremely well done.

For the series only being 13 episodes, it was fairly long. But yeah, very well done.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: For the series only being 13 episodes, it was fairly long. But yeah, very well done.

I was only referring to the actually last battle, not counting the shootout, I'm talking about the whole demon fight and which I think lasted about 7-8 minutes, which is alot longer then the other fights, but still short.

At any rate, the original "series" was complete in the manga by Volume 3. We're on Volume 9 right now. So at least 40 episodes, at this rate, if I were to estimate.

Quoted post: I was only referring to the actually last battle,

Oh I know. I simply meant, seeing as how the series was so short, in comparison, it was a pretty long battle.

Quoted post: So at least 40 episodes, at this rate, if I were to estimate.

Why do I see that not happening?

Plus, the original Hellsing DVDs cost over thirty bucks for three episodes. I can't afford that. And I would HAVE to buy them.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: At any rate, the original "series" was complete in the manga by Volume 3. We're on Volume 9 right now. So at least 40 episodes, at this rate, if I were to estimate.

Seriously, all that in 3 volumes, I mean it is a short anime, but only 3 volumes?

I too don't "see" 40 episodes, but I'm putting our hope for that many. The DVDs did come down to 17.99 just a while ago....but that took a few year =/

We'll have to wait and see the damage once it's released in the US

And yes, in about the first three volumes it was done. Crazy huh?

Posted by William

I've seen the subbed version of this, and it's actually really good. Way better than the original series I would say, and that's saying a lot, considering the original series is one of my favorites.

But yeah, if you liked the original series, you should definitely like this one. Check it out if you haven't already.

Okay, the first DVD is out. Check the normal places.

You're looking for "[BF-BoH]_Hellsing_OVA_I_[11883F57]"

My lord it's lovely. English subbs to boot.

Posted by Shade

So wait, the original series covered the first 3 volumes, or it was done by the time volume 3 was released?

'Cause I just bought volume three...

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Okay, the first DVD is out. Check the normal places.

You're looking for "[BF-BoH]_Hellsing_OVA_I_[11883F57]"

My lord it's lovely. English subbs to boot.

love you

Quoting Shade: So wait, the original series covered the first 3 volumes, or it was done by the time volume 3 was released?

'Cause I just bought volume three...

Covered

Posted by Switch.Wolf

I love hellsing. The original anime was alright. Kinda sucked. But the manga is great! I just want them to hurry the hell up and bring out 8!

Hellsing:Ultimate was how Hellsing was meant and should be. Everything was amazing! And I can not wait to see the Furher and vampiric nazi's!!!! :D

Posted by Ultima Enigma

Hellsing is my favorite Anime too, Alucard rocks!

but when I watch it I get this strange feeling I'm watching Gungrave though-~ what gives?

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Ultima Enigma: Hellsing is my favorite Anime too, Alucard rocks!

but when I watch it I get this strange feeling I'm watching Gungrave though-~ what gives?

This looks like a very interesting anime. I've heard the name, but nothing really about it. Right now Im downloading the first episode... I hope I like it. :)

EDIT : ****, The episode I downloaded didn't have subs... I'll watch it if I can't find one with subs, though. The animation looks very clean and clear. Very loveable.

Posted by Malevolence

Sorry bout the double post... Sort of (I'm NightmareBassX). I do not know why there isn't more discussion about this anime. I just watched OVA 1 with subbs and it was magnificent. Never have I been so "attracted" to an anime in 1 to 2 episodes. I was dying to find OVA 2, but it won't be out til August 6th I beleive. ****... I feel like watching OVA 1 again. :(

Posted by NeXidala

i like the manga it has