Demon's Souls

Posted by S

[quote=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/demons-souls-review]What should be clear from all this lengthy exposition is that Demon's Souls is a deeply complex character. It incorporates an array of concepts and hidden secrets that can be as bewildering and mysterious after fifty hours as they are at the start. It should, however, also hopefully be clear that it's entirely worth taking the time to get into Demon's Souls, to begin to understand it.

As you spend longer in its company, your relationship with the game becomes less and less one-sided as you learn to navigate areas that once slaughtered you over and over again with confidence, even ease. You can learn from other players, and - time and time again - from your own mistakes, enabling you to eke more and more entertainment and satisfaction from Demon's Souls the deeper you delve into it.

Demon's Souls is absolutely compelling; dark, detailed, unforgiving, creatively cruel. It gets under your skin and becomes a personal obsession, daring you to probe further into its worlds, fall for more of its traps and overcome more of its impossible challenges; it slaps you in the face with your own incompetence and dares you to overcome it.

It's stoic, uncompromising, difficult to get to know, but also deep, intriguingly disturbed and perversely rewarding. You can learn to love Demon's Souls like few other games in the world. But only if you're prepared to give yourself over to it.

Seriously, game of the year 2009, it gets my vote. A devilish game that punishes the player for using modern gaming strategies, delving into a fragmented and dreary world that hates you with every fiber of its being. This game hurts so bad that every victory is a euphoric and epic end to each journey. If you're on the wall about getting this game, hesitate no more, I don't believe any person could really regret playing this game.

Posted by Slade

This is one game that I'll probably end up buying well before I own a PS3 just because I don't want to miss out.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I hear that this game is hard as shit and will probably frustrate me to no end. I'll probably buy it in the future, or at least rent it, and see if it lives up to the good reviews its been getting.

Posted by clocipbul

Quoting Shin-Ra: I hear that this game is hard as shit and will probably frustrate me to no end. I'll probably buy it in the future, or at least rent it, and see if it lives up to the good reviews its been getting.

what a great info, thanks.

Posted by coromoro

I would've never thought about buying a game called Demon's Souls, but after reading that little excerpt it seems I've got another reason to buy a PS3. :o

Posted by Omni

This game has killed me like 20 times and I've only had it since yesterday. I need to get better at parrying.