Yo, who's got N1H1 Put 'Em Up

Posted by Slade

I woke up with a sore throat yesterday but otherwise felt fine. After a day of running errands from 9am~3pm I felt unusually tired and had a hard time focusing so I went to bed early. All night I was waking up to spit out tons of phlegm and blow even more crazy **** out my nose. Now everything that comes out of me is bright yellow, I have a headache, and I'm ridiculously worn out after being awake for half an hour. Right now I'm waiting to see if breakfast disagrees with me for an added fatigue bonus. Hope it doesn't last too long!

*folds arms* So what are your experiences with the flu this year?

Posted by Shin-Ra

H1N1

I get a flu shot every year because I'm around sick people a lot. Plus, the flu sucks, so why the hell would I want to be sick if I can just get a shot and not have to deal with it?

My mom called me yesterday saying "Garrett, you need to get your flu shot!! There's been an outbreak in Austin!!". To which I asked "are you even listening to yourself? It's flu season... of course there's an 'outbreak'".

Posted by Slade

Quoting Shin-Ra: H1N1

ughhhhh I googled it at least 5 times to be sure I had the right order, but then again I can hardly remember what happened 15 minutes ago right now. SOMEONE FIX IT PLEASE

I might have to look into flu shots in the future since every winter I get sick at least twice.

And yeah, my mom did a similar thing about a month ago to tell me everyone at my sister-college's campus (300 miles away) was sick so I should WATCH OUT!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I get the flu a few times per year on average. Surprised I haven't gotten h1n1 yet. Hopefully I don't otherwise I'll probably die thanks to my wonderful immune system!

Posted by Ant

I've never gotten a flu shot. I get sick maybe once every other year. I was thinking about it this year, but I probably won't out of sheer laziness.

Posted by Stalolin

i don't think i've really been sick this year

Posted by Crazy K

it's funny that fat asses like Ant and I don't get sick often.

Posted by Stalolin

i'm pretty sure i'm fatter than ant

Posted by Slade

a fat-off to see who is fatter!

Well since I'm sure you're all concerned about my well-being, I'll give you the update you came here for. After my second extended nap today I woke up feeling better and can finally go more than 10 minutes without blowing a fistful of snot out my nose. I'm hoping to return to work tomorrow and get thousands of hours of homework done. Goodnight VGC.

Posted by Crazy K

lol I wonder how many fatties reside here anyways

Posted by Dexter

I don't think I've gotten sick at all this year. I feel like David Dunn all the sudden.

Posted by Kutlass

I can't remember the last time I caught any sort of cold or flu, and this is after traveling to a foreign country through five different airports without wearing a surgical mask and carrying a fanny pack full of hand sanitizer.

And I haven't vomited in over 12 years. Cast iron stomach, maybe?

Posted by coromoro

Am I the only one that thinks vaccines are evil? :o

http://www.thinktwice.com/secret.htm#data

[youtube=jUMZ-O-OsG0]jUMZ-O-OsG0[/youtube]

Oh, and I don't get sick often and I don't get shots anymore. :cool:

Posted by Shin-Ra

^ Reminds me of a story my friend told me about his job at a daycare. According to a bunch of mothers there, giving a child a shot when they have a fever causes chicken pox. Yes, they actually believe this and got mad at a mother and doctor for giving a child a shot when he had a fever which apparently magically creates the varicella virus out of nowhere. Now, a vaccination while a child has virtually no immune system is a different story, BUT they believe that ANY shot to a kid with a fever causes chicken pox. They also believe vaccines cause autism lol.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Most people are more susceptible to the flu after getting the "flu shot", known fact. Jesus said so..

Posted by junior senior

i have swine flu

Posted by cool gamer dad

probable h1n1 chiming in. trip report: It's like the flu only somewhat more disorienting. I woke up last night soaked in sweat, my blankets were saturated. That and my chest hurt a lot the first night, if I moved around the buildup felt like it shifted and it hurt quite a bit. But other than that nothing special, already getting over it I think.

Posted by junior senior

if you had swine flu you'd be in bed all week

Posted by cool gamer dad

define in bed all week. incapacitated? never really been that sick.

Posted by cool gamer dad

and that's not entirely true either way

Posted by Tyler Durden

Bird and swine flue is a product of governmentally induced mass hysteria.. just like AIDs, or Cancer.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting cool gamer dad: That and my chest hurt a lot the first night

During orientation a nurse was talking about H1N1 and said most deaths are caused by a fluid build up in the lungs, which is a bit different from the average flu.

I should be getting my H1N1 vaccine in about a month. I have to wait until all the labor and delivery, pediatric, and oncology staff have their opportunity first. Lame.

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah that's kinda what led me to suspect i had it, the respiratory symptoms that i never really felt as much in other flus i've had.

update: my arms are sore. feels like they're cramping up or something. it hurts a bit lol

Posted by Kamek

Is there no way to edit this thread title? It really is making me uncomfortable and angry. I think that's kind of weird :(. Anyway, when it first became a big deal, most of it was in New York, and it was a pretty scary thing. I hear talks of getting elementary school kids vaccinated etc, so we'll see how things go here.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Haven't had it yet, although beer pong is now banned from my campus after an influx of more than 20 cases after a recent long weekend of partying. Not like it's going to stop anyone from playing. We're all still thoroughly amused by this.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'm waiting for the day.