Favorite Fighting Game Series?

Posted by G-Sides

For me, either Virtua Fighter or Mortal Kombat. MK because it was the first fighting game I was introduced to, but Virtua Fighter because of the fact that it's real martial arts.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I haven't played a whole many fighter games, but I do enjoy Super Smash Bros.

Posted by Dexter

Soul Calibur, definitely. Closely followed by Super Smash. I feel you can actually get more skilled at Soul Calibur than you can in most fighting games. There doesn't seem to be a limit. If someone is better than you, you can find a way to overcome them. Also, you can get used to divergent players and their various procedures in the arena. Once someone figures out my fighting methods, they try to neutralize it, and the process goes on.

Posted by Boner

Virtua Fighter was my main game. I was a master with Kage. I should get back into that game. It was really fun.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

i like street fighter the most. its so basic. hte moves might be limited, but the advanced versoins for gamecube are pretty amazing. tekken would follow up very closely. the amuount of combos they include for just one character is cool. i haven't played quite a few of the other series in the fighting genre, but even so, i don't think i'd change my mind.

Posted by Samanoken

Do I Really need to pick only One?Theres TONS Of Favorites for me
Tekken,Mortal Kombat,Street Fighter,Virtua Fighter,DBZ

Posted by KuraiKitsune

Power Stone, I think, was underrated... it was a charming game that actually proved quite a challenge... if you could find someone to play. >.<

Posted by Max Mouse

DragonBall Z! I really enjoy the budokai series but I haven't play Sagas yet. I heard it was pretty lame.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Max Mouse: DragonBall Z! I really enjoy the budokai series but I haven't play Sagas yet. I heard it was pretty lame.

Sagas is not even a fighting game. Apparently, Atari was upset that Budoakai 3 was actualy good, so they forced their developers to make crappy games from now on, like they usually have.

Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are my two favorite series, by far. MK has the edge over SF as far as revolutionizing its franchise (with MK:Deadly Alliance and Deception), while SF's classic perfect gameplay still remains the best fighting gameplay style to this day, even if it's been at a standstill since Alpha 3 and SFIII.

I really liked some of the older SNK games, like Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury, though I didn't play much of the KoF series.

SSBM is crap.

Soul Calibur is fun, in the sense that it's actually fun if a newbie can beat you... but at the same time that holds it back.

The Marvel vs. Capcom series were one of the best fighting games ever. It's a shame only two were made before EA got with Marvel. Let's hope they don't do anything stupid.

Tekken is a solid series, and can get quite addicting. However, its system has a few flaws that only show in 2P fights, most of it dealing with unbalanced characters.

Virtua Fighter is an excellent fighting series, but for some reason I've never gotten addicted to it.

Killer Instinct was good, except for Gold. I played the **** out of the first game on the arcades and SNES. In fact, the arcade version was the one that planted the seed when I was a kid to wanting to make games.

There are a ton of other fighting games that didn't make it to franchises, like Power Moves and TMNT, but I won't talk about them because I'm too lazy right now.

Posted by sodipop

It's a hard choice to make for me its probably mortal combat because of the new one they made for PS2 with the new fighting styles and 3d movement. I still like the old ones though too

Posted by Litbut

Super Smash Bros. for me, because the button combo is easy to use.

Posted by FavoJavo

Quoting Angelwing: I haven't played a whole many fighter games, but I do enjoy Super Smash Bros.

I love SSBM

Posted by Chronic

I would have to say SSBM because its like the only fighting game I ussally play.

Posted by

KoF - King of Fighters. I love the Maximum Impact game, the first 3D title. I've played this series for a while now though. My other favorite is Bloody Roar.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Street Fighter and Smash Bros are my favorite fighting series of all time and are the only fighting games where i feel comfortable talking trash. I'll have nooooo problem challenging the world once Street Fighter Alpha 3 and the Revolution's Smash Bros are released for online competition.[/COLOR]

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Guilty Gear series, Virtua Fighter 4 (didnt like the series much before this one), SSBM, Soul Calibur, the Budokai Series (I know, they were not the best, but I'm a whore for the most overrated anime out there), and of course, the grand daddy of it all...... Street Fighter.

Posted by Dreamcast-Jack

nothing beats a 2D fighter... King of Fighters for me.

Posted by Crazy K

I accidentally Picked Soul Calibur when I was going to pick other.

Well Soul Calibur I guess is second in place after the WWE Smackdown Games. The WWE Smackdown Series are my favorite. Reason is, is that the games are so fun even though you might not like pro wrestling.

Posted by project101

I am a big tekken fan I have played and beaten al of them on thier hardest mode except No. 5

Posted by Ch

For me it would have to be Fighter's Destiny. I would spend countless hours trying to unlock the fighters such as The Joker and I had SO much fun while doing it. Super Smash Brothers a the runner up. Great fighting games.

Posted by EggplantWizzard

Tekken series is my favorite, especially Tag Tournament. Love the concept of it. I like the real fighting styles, multiple stances, and semi-realistic moves (ie no fireballs & unrealistic special moves) One problem with it, I try and be real methodical with that shizz, yet I can just as quickly lose to someone pushing random buttons.

MK will not be forgotten for breaking boundaries, good series.

Street Fighter will always be remembered to me as the fighting series where I have logged the most time playing. I lost interest in SF after they went 3D, though.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting EggplantWizzard: Tekken blah blah blah (ie no fireballs & unrealistic special moves)

wait, wtf, you expect me to think that a bear clawing someone isnt an auto kill? Um, no. Unrealism abound just liek any other game. its just as easy to spend a mnutes bashign their head in, only to have them get KO'd by a wimpy little ankle kick.

Posted by FerreTrip

Toss-up between Soul Calibur and SSB. Both are kick-***, but I think SSB is better for Melee, even though I SUCK at it...>_<;;

Posted by rongshihong

The only fighting game I have been playing a lot is KOF.
And KOF97 is my favorite.

Posted by Azusa

~.- Wasn't there only one Super Smash Bros. Melee game? It wouldn't constitute as a fighting game series; but a good game nonetheless.

KOF and Street Fighter are my personal favorites. Guilty Gear is also good.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I would go with Mortal Kombat. I always loved that game, until it became 3D.

Quoting Azusa: ~.- Wasn't there only one Super Smash Bros. Melee game? It wouldn't constitute as a fighting game series; but a good game

Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Revolution [tentative title]

;)

Posted by Azusa

Super Smash Brothers wasn't a fighting game, to my knowledge. And SSB Revolution hasn't came out yet. Hence, one game.

I wasn't too much of a fan of Mortal Kombat. The characters were always sort of...dry. But there's something out there for everyone.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Azusa: Super Smash Brothers wasn't a fighting game, to my knowledge. And SSB Revolution hasn't came out yet. Hence, one game.

I wasn't too much of a fan of Mortal Kombat. The characters were always sort of...dry. But there's something out there for everyone.

[quote=IGN]Frantic multiplayer fighting returns with Super Smash Bros. Melee

Also, 2 games = series

:)

Posted by Azusa

[quote=Azusa]Super Smash Brothers wasn't a fighting game, to my knowledge.

Didn't know that.

On a related note, I don't think I'd like you too much if I didn't know you in real life.

Posted by Roth

I'm another Soul Calibur lover. It's just plain fun. I have the first one on the DC, and the second on the GC. I like the different stories of all the characters, and the controls are easy for the most part. Maxi is awesome to use, cuz I'm all about those nunchucks :D

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Azusa: Didn't know that.

On a related note, I don't think I'd like you too much if I didn't know you in real life.

I know, I just pointed out that Smash Bros is indeed a fighter game. The reason I put the smiley there (a reason why I use a lot of smileys...instead of saying things) so I don't seem like I'm trying to be a smartass about it.

Also, about the real life thing; I really don't get why you had to say that. Why, do I come off too assholish/sarcastic on here to you or what? -. -

If yes, sorry.

Posted by Luigi182

[COLOR=lime][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"]My absolute favorite is the Street Fighter Alpha series. With KoF coming in a close second. Capcom vs SNK 2 rocks!

I still have my copy of SFA3 and play it quite often. Even after all this time, the game still has not gotten old. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

I would have to say either Tekken or Soul Calibur. I like the combos they use. In Tekken I like to use Asuka Kazama, Eddy Gordo, Devil Jin, and Heihachi. In Soul Calibur, I like to use Kilik, Yoshimitsu, Talim, and Nightmare. I have no idea how I can Yoshimitsu in Soul Calibur but I can't use him in Tekken.

Posted by lanzer

mine is tekken Ive been a fan since the PS1 days and its one of the best arcade fighters Ive played.

Posted by kenshindude

i would have to go with soul cailibar it has to be one of the best

Posted by linkfreak112

i like ssbm the best.better watch out yoshi,jigglypuff link is coming to kick your buttox

Posted by psp

Street Fighter Hands down. I like how creative they are with their moves. Who would have thought of putting a spinning kick or a flying uppercut in a game?? I also enjoy doing their combos in Street Fighter 3.

Posted by Moogs

Either Tekken or SSMB

Posted by Black Chaos

My favourite fighting game series is Mortal Kombat. I love the way you can change fighting styles and use fatalities. My favourite MK character is always going to be Scorpion. He is so cool.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I'm gonna go with Soul Calibur, because I play that series the most these days.

Posted by Klarth

King of Fighters 2002 is ****ing incredible. Been meaning to torrent Guilty Gear XX#Reload for a while now though...

Posted by ShiroiHikari

DoA wins for me! i find it the most challenging... and there is something that you can intteract with in each level from DoA2 and up!

Posted by Saruin

King of Fighters 2000 & 2001, King of Fighters 2002 & 2003 where great in my opinon, But Soul Caliber III has to be the best fighting game, at least to date.

Posted by Viccica

Mortal Combat, as there are a fair few of those games of which I haven't played, I can't say much on the topic.

But in all actuality, I thought near all the dragonball z games blew. There are too many of them for them to be considered any good.

And mortal combat will always shine.

Posted by S

Guilty Gear, in every way, shape, and form for me. I totally love the characters, so unique and original, aswell as their interconnection as the story progresses.

Not to mention the speed and intensity of the actual fighting, I've never actually cared for fighting games at all until Guilty Gear.

And Hey, Sol is just bad ***.

Posted by Degeneration

Nothing's ever gonna beat Tekken. Guilty Gear XX, Street Fighter 3, and SSBM are the only fighting games that even come close to beating Tekken 5 or DR.

Posted by Apathetic

Guilty Gear
Darkstalkers
Marvel VS
Capcom VS
SNK VS

Posted by Pit

Street Fighter III Third Strike
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Marvel vs. Capcom 1
Mortal Kombat 2

Posted by Ant

Guilty Gear XX
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Smash Bros

Posted by TheSorrow

Soul Calibur and Smash Bros

Posted by Tyler Durden

Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
King of Fighters '99
Soul Calibur
Mortal Kombat II
Tekken 3
UFC: Tap Out 2
Samurai Showdown
Night Warriors: Darkstalker's Revenge
Guilty Gear X

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Revival!

Street Fighter III - though most of the characters were forgettable, it still played exceptionally well, and it's a shame the parry system never made a comeback. The animation was awesome.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX - Pretty much the ultimate Street Fighter game. Just about every character, tons of fighting styles, dramatic battles, pretty graphx.

Super Smash Brothers Melee - Awesome characters in probably the most grandoise environments ever. Massive replay value, and plenty to do both on your own and against homies.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - The extremely unbalanced roster is a slight downer, but it's probably the most frantic fighter on the block. Nothing beats a hadouken to the face followed up by the Hulk sh*tting on you.

Posted by G-Sides

i forgot i made this fukken thread :s
anyway i wish i could change my vote to soul calibur. i <3 that **** after how disappointing this new mk was :(

Posted by veritas

Soul Calibur period

Posted by Average n00b

Super Smash Bros was the first video game in general that I was introduced to. So I'll have to go with that. ^^

Posted by Creedence

Mortal Kombat and Smash Bros. tie by my vote, because Smash is better, but MK is older.

100th

Posted by inequity

I always liked Virtua Fighter, I played VF2 on sega saturn for hours.

Posted by Orgasmatron

Bloody Roar

reminds me of when I was a fetus

Posted by veritas

Virtua fighter 4 had amazing water graphics for a ps2 game. I can only imagine what they are now since its on ps3.

Posted by Litbut

Super Smash Bros for me.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

i love SSB, i think its becasue...well...we've all been like "who would win in a fight? Mario or Samus?" and SSB is the game to tell us this. i just wish they would expand beyond Nintendo char. with SSBB they're starting to go to 3rd party chars. hope it continues, =)

Posted by Fred333

MK3 all the way.... loved the fatalities.

Posted by karateteen14

Mortal Kombat well it is so obivous to see that but i love Bakura that is why i love Mortal komat.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]King of Fighters is the king of fighting games.[/COLOR]

Posted by Xero

I haven't voted in this poll yet?

Mortal Kombat gets my vote.

Posted by emoposer9

My favorite fighting game was Guilty Gear XX , but my favorite series is probably Tekken or Soul Calibur.

Posted by Synth2012

I actually love fighting games (Yeah guys, don't fall over, lol). There's a bunch on the list that I like, but I ultimately voted for Street Fighter because it's the series that got me into fighting games (and one of the first games of any kind I got into, really). I did almost go with Super Smash Bros. though because I'm caught up in the current hype. :P

....And I have Soul Calibur action figures in my room. Wish I could vote for all three.

Posted by Red

SSB definitely gets my vote but I don't really consider it a hardcore fighter.

Posted by Imaginary Friend

Virtua Fighter. Purely because there is no other fighting game that is as deep or technical as Virtua Fighter 4: Evo. Lion <3

Other fighting games I like are Flying Dragon, Samurai Showdown, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Last Blade 2, and even the ***zilla games. If only because I'm a huge ***zilla fan, and not because they're great or anything.

Oh yeah, and I like SSB but it's more of a party fighter than a real fighting game to me. Though not to say it doesn't take skill to play on pro levels, trust me I know that.

Posted by Hyperactive Poster

LOL at *** being censored.

I would have to go with Virtua fighter for reasons stated above. I also Enjoyed the Budukia Tenkiachi or whatever it was called, just because it added much more freedom then seen in many fighter games.

Posted by Webby

Mortal Kombat, Tekken and soulcalibur do the magic for me.
Its pretty hard to say which one I like the most, because I really like all three of them but If I really have to pick only one, I'll go with SoulCalibur then.

Posted by ritu

Hi Guys,I like fighting games. I like super Smash Bros. I would spend countless hours andd I had so much fun while doing it.

Posted by Litbut

Smash Bros for me.