played Beatles RockBand

Posted by donttazemebro

So a friend of mine works for Blockbuster (hereafter "The Bishop," his rl nickname) and always brings over new movies and stuff. He brought over his video game system and Beatles RockBand. We were beeran and rockan like son-of-a-biches. Being an actual guitar player, I'm pretty lousy at the game, as is my bandmate, who was in attendance as well. But the Bishop is pretty good at it, and we had fun mostly watching him play. I think the videos are well done and entertaining. And I was impressed with how they tracked the parts and made them into "RockBand" notes, or whatever you call the little colored bars.

Any other thoughts? Anyone else dig it? Any haters?

Posted by Dexter

Why would you put this topic in here?

Played it and it was exactly what I expected. I like variety in the music selection so I treat this similar to the way I treated the Metallica version. Now, if there were a Dream Theater or Offspring version, I'd be more into it.

Posted by Ant

yeah, seemed okay. I was never too big into the whole guitar hero thing. Don't get me wrong it's fun every once inawhile with a big group of friends but I wouldn't dedicate a huge portion of time to it on my own.

Posted by coromoro

My whole family and I dig The Beatles, so I'm really curious about the game. I've played Rock Band and Guitar Hero before, and though they were fun, I don't think it's something I'd like to play alone either. Getting friends over and singing Beatles songs sounds like a blast though. :cool:

Posted by donttazemebro

I posted here since it's the only VGC section I visit. Sorry if it seemed out of place.

Posted by Ant

don't mind him. you post where ever your little heart desires.