I'm on a diet!

Posted by Ant

"WOAH! ANT IS ON A DIET?! HELL MUST BE PRETTY DANG CHILLY RIGHT BOUT NOW!"

So yeah, over the past 3 days I've been on a low-carb diet. In short, you can eat no more than 20grams of carbohydrates a day. I'm sure most of you have heard of it as the "Atkins diet" but there's various names/parameters depending on the diet, but it's rather simple idea.

The main foods you're gonna eat on this diet are meats, cheeses, eggs, salads, nuts(in small amounts) annnnnnnd those are the mains. As for drinks, there's diet soda, crystal light, and water.

I'd been meaning to go on this diet since January 1st. So it was a bit delayed, but with my birthday that just passed, I figured I'd have a pretty good run through till Halloween, or if not then, till Thanksgiving.

I weighed myself earlier today at work(we have a fitness room) and I was at a rather hefty weight of 256.5 pounds. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life. My ideal weight for my frame and height would be about 180, but at this point I wouldn't mind 220. And having been on this diet before I can probably expect to lose about a pound a day for the first two weeks.

Along with the diet, I would like to start some sort of workout session. Now as lame as this might sound, I was hoping to do this with DDR/ITG. Along with the 2000calories burned in the Fitness Mode, I'll do some of the standards: pushups, situps, crunches, etc.

My main intention with this thread was to track my daily weight loss(hopefully loss) and to motivate myself. And to, of course, entertain my fellow VGC PALS. So let's see where this goes, and hopefully by the end of it all I'll have lost some significANT weight. :cool:

Posted by donttazemebro

Way to go, dude. A good friend of mine did this a few years back, and went from pushing 300 to about 220 like you're shooting for. Adopt a zero tolerance attitude and you'll do just fine.

I hope you are prepared to buy some new pANTs.

Posted by coromoro

That's great, Ant. I'm sure you can do it. I believe in you! :cool2:

Posted by Ant

Quoting donttazemebro: Way to go, dude. A good friend of mine did this a few years back, and went from pushing 300 to about 220 like you're shooting for. Adopt a zero tolerance attitude and you'll do just fine.

I hope you are prepared to buy some new pANTs.

Thanks buddy, though it'd weird. Despite the weight gain I've managed to keep the same pants size of 38 for a long time. Some 38's are a bit snuger than others, but it'd be nice. :)

And thanks Coro! I checked on the same scale today and it said I was at 254. So unless I measured it wrong yesterday(I don't think I did), then I lost two pounds in a day. Results are always the best encouragement.

Posted by cool gamer dad

you can do it man, do hella cardio if you're able to now. idk if your current weight deters you from doing it right now or whatever, doesnt really look like it, but yeah do that ****.

i'm actually looking to gain weight so if there was some machine that could transfer some of the weight you want to lose over to me that would be ideal

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I am proud of you. We can do this together.

Posted by Stalolin

fatty

Posted by donttazemebro

Quoting Stalolin: fatty

Sorry, had to LOL at that.

We did a Biggest Loser here at work and I found that my weight varied day to day by about 3-4 pounds, based on how recently, and how much, I had eaten, and how recently, and how much, I had taken a POOP! heh heh heh, poop. I tried to get consistent results by weighing in each day at work, after my morning poop, and before eating anything. heh heh heh, poop.

I am all for turning this thread into a poop journal. Ok, maybe not.

Posted by Dexter

I would be more entertained with pictures showing the gradual process. I remember Crazy K doing that and being quite amazed by the progress. Also, image is a huge motivator. Do you have a set date you'd like to be at 220 at?

Posted by Lord of Spam

ive actually been meaning to get in better shape. been doing more running and less overeating/drinking recently, plus just the fact that im running all over an engineroom climbing through and over pipes to get to **** has helped. dropped about 10lbs so far since ive been onboard, but its not visually apparent.

once i get into a house and out of barracks im going to buy some weights and start lifting again, since that **** is fun as hell once you get into it. not to mention that when you step out of a shower one day and notice muscles that werent visible before, its like the ultimate :cool: moment/

also, good luck on your plan! focus on trying to train different muscle groups and not just one thing. training in only one way (like doing nothing but ddr, you ****ing weeaboo) might lose weight, but thats all thatll happen; it wont really affect anything else.

Posted by Corrupt

glad you decided to get this started, man. we can be weight loss buddies and channel our motivation through each other

Posted by Ant

Quoting cool gamer dad: you can do it man, do hella cardio if you're able to now. idk if your current weight deters you from doing it right now or whatever, doesnt really look like it, but yeah do that ****.

i'm actually looking to gain weight so if there was some machine that could transfer some of the weight you want to lose over to me that would be ideal

if only...if only.

Quoting Vampnagel P. Wingpire: I am proud of you. We can do this together.

Quoting Stalolin: fatty

Thank you both for your words of encouragement.

Quoting donttazemebro: Sorry, had to LOL at that.

We did a Biggest Loser here at work and I found that my weight varied day to day by about 3-4 pounds, based on how recently, and how much, I had eaten, and how recently, and how much, I had taken a POOP! heh heh heh, poop. I tried to get consistent results by weighing in each day at work, after my morning poop, and before eating anything. heh heh heh, poop.

I am all for turning this thread into a poop journal. Ok, maybe not.

I'll save the poop journals for JS. That's kinda her thing.

Quoting Dexter: I would be more entertained with pictures showing the gradual process. I remember Crazy K doing that and being quite amazed by the progress. Also, image is a huge motivator. Do you have a set date you'd like to be at 220 at?

Naw, I'll get there when I get there. And depending on how I feel I'll either keep going or take a break. I'll think about the picture thing.

Quoting Lord of Spam: also, good luck on your plan! focus on trying to train different muscle groups and not just one thing. training in only one way (like doing nothing but ddr, you ****ing weeaboo) might lose weight, but thats all thatll happen; it wont really affect anything else.

Honestly, don't care too much about the muscles. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind that along with the weight loss. But that can come later. One thing at a time buddy.

Quoting Corrupt: glad you decided to get this started, man. we can be weight loss buddies and channel our motivation through each other

**** yeah mother****er. TEAMWORK!!!!

so far total today I've had about 11g of carbs. 6 of which can be attributed to a little pack of beef jerky I brought to work with me tonight. And I checked the scale again tonight and was at 253. I was going to go buy a scale so I could check my weight at home, and at a set time. However, the stars didn't line up quite the way I wanted and I didn't want to go make a trip just for the scale after having done a whole bunch of other stuff so perhaps tomorrow, or the day after that who knows.

Posted by Stalolin

ant i lost 20 pounds recently

we can do this together man

Posted by Fate

Avoid preservatives in your food.

Posted by Ant

what's wrong with preservatives? not like it'll affect my diet anyways.

Posted by Lord of Spam

protip: dont drink soda. i think thats probably a given in this diet, but just dropping soda alone can let drop like 5 lbs or so.

also, a little bit of strength training is probably a good thing. it really helps make you feel more energetic and willing to work out after a few days. i think it sort of gets addicting after a while; generally if i can go a week solid working out, then ill be hooked for like the next 6 months without any effort.

then again if you dont have any equipment you can use in a semi private or non crowded area, it kinda sucks. when i was in conneticut and working out at hte base gym for the first few days i had to get over the embarassment of the fact that there were guys there who were lifting like 3 or 4 times what i was. nothing worse than breaking your bench record, and looking over and seeing a 'roidfreak pressing 500lbs. turns out thought that most people that work out a lot that arent total douches will respect the attempt to get into shape, as long as youre sreious about it. hell, ask around and you might even get worthwhile advice and tips and whatnot.

idk, whatever wprks for you though man.

Posted by fnool

dude congrats

wish you the best

Posted by Ant

252 today.

two main things I've noticed so far on this diet. I'm never really completely full whenever I eat a meal. And I've yet to really have to go #2.

Posted by donttazemebro

Drink lotsa water. That's great for regularity. I drink about a half gallon a day and can set my watch to my poops, just about.

Posted by Linko_16

Congrats on making a commitment! I'm still just kind of loosey-gooseily trying not to eat as ****ty foods, cut down on soda, and do the biking machine at the gym for an hour a day, which I haven't even been doing since I've been back in school. It's had small results, but with a real plan you'll probably do much better. :/

Posted by Slade

just keep on dancin'

What sort of specific foods are you eatin buddy?

Posted by Ant

Uhhh, so far today I've had oven roasted chicken, 2 pieces of string cheese, and a bag of pork rinds.

so in total about maybe 4-5 carbs?

Posted by Ant

and to counteract that so I don't sound like a total lardo; I've been taking a multivitamin everyday. And I went for a hour walk down the beach earlier tonight with interspersed bits of running. Although on this diet it doesn't really matter how fattening the food you eat is, since it's just going to be burnt up as energy.

Posted by Lord of Spam

i remembered why it was that building some muscle is a good idea: muscle burns more fat just to maintain day to day. so while lifting weights is a good way to get some calories burnt up, the muscle it adds will actually increase the amount you would burn by doing other activities.

its like supercharging your metabolism.

You should try to eat healthy. Don't forget your veggies! And ditch red meat. Diets that say you can eat whatever you want are bull****. I mean, you don't have to be super strict or anything, but eating largely healthy will definitely show results. Plus you'll eventually feel better. and drink water!

I've been using a 5lb weight the last little while and I think I'm ready to graduate to a 10lb. updates later.

Posted by Ant

I assure you that it isn't bull****.

As for dinner tonight I had chicken caesar salad.

I also finally went out and bought a scale. According to this one I'm at 249.6. Sooo, from now on I'll be going off the weight stated on this one rather than the one at work. Feelin' good in the neighborhood.

Posted by coromoro

Good to hear, Ant. Keep it up. :)

Posted by Fate

Quoting Ant: what's wrong with preservatives? not like it'll affect my diet anyways.

Preservatives are manufactured a lot of the time. It's like lacing a salad with shredded cardboard. They make things harder to digest.

Posted by Ant

Interesting. I'll keep an eye out, but I'm not going to go organic only either.

Posted by donttazemebro

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Posted by Ant

weight in right upon waking up: 248. 10 pound mark in 11 days

Posted by Ant

and oddly enough after my meal of two hot dogs and a salad I threw up a chunk of food. I just had that feeling come up real fast, took care of it, felt fine. WEIRD

Posted by Stalolin

one of the hot dogs was probably bad

that happens

extremely mild food poisoning or something

or you have stomach cancer

Posted by Ant

it was pretty weird. just one plop of undigested food came out, mostly salad, and then I felt fine. I hadn't thrown up in years either, so I kinda forgot what that felt like.

Posted by Stalolin

you gotta wash the salad before you eat it man

Posted by Ant

hmm, yeah that's probably a good idea.

Quoting Ant: and oddly enough after my meal of two hot dogs and a salad I threw up a chunk of food. I just had that feeling come up real fast, took care of it, felt fine. WEIRD

this happens to me often. up to 12 hours later

Posted by Ant

So, for that moment, I knew what it was like to be you. wow, a truly horrible existence.

Posted by Lord of Spam

i have vomited far too many tiomes to count. i care not for it.

drink to the point of vomiting? someday...

oh, so i was talking to my friend today and all of a sudden vomit comes into my mouth. out of nowhere.

itt amount of vomit per day

Posted by Ant

well, I've had that happen before a couple of times. it's normally just a little heartburn though, no big deal. just tastes bad.

Posted by Lord of Spam

protip for the most awesome vomit mix ever: drink as many white russians as you can. dont worry about gettin so drunk that you cant stand. just lean against a wall and keep drankin'. then, eat a ****TON of chicken wings. wait a few hours.

you will regret following this plan.

Posted by Slade

People were probably like "hey look at that drunk guy just posted up on that wall eatin chicken wings"

Sardines in mustard sauce + crackers is delicious when you're drunk, but never turns out well the next morning.

How's the diet goin' bro?

Posted by Ant

funny you should ask. I decided to go off it today! After 3 days with zero results I figured I'd take a break for about a week or so. So I lost about 10 pounds total, hopefully I don't gain it all back in a weeks time!

Posted by Slade

alright diet over lock thread

Posted by Slade

Nah just kiddin man, you should post the results of this week here.

Posted by Stalolin

you lost ten pounds in a week

you will gain ten pounds in a week

it is significantly easier for healthy people to gain weight than it is to lose weight

Posted by Lord of Spam

been increasing physical activity and limiting ****e food recently as i already stated. bought some new shorts the other day (because theyre comfy and easy to wear!) and shat myself when the 38s that i was expecting to buy were wqay too big. tried on some 36s, and was like **** YEAH when they were too large.

back in 34s after 2 or 3 weeks of effort? great success. :Cool:

i'm currently at size 0, i wonder if they make them in the negatives

Posted by Ant

you're really a zero? huh.

so kinda funny, I came into work today to pick up my check(ended up having to work a 3 hour shift because of that fuuuuuuuck) and apparently I inspired one of my female coworkers to start the diet. It was pretty funny when I told her that I had gone off the previous day. But it's nice to know that I was able to get her to take action for herself. Not that I told her to go on it or anything, but still. :)

Posted by Slade

I can't really think of anyone who I wish would diet... But there is a girl who I want to make sure never diets. you don't see well-developed milf-type bodies too much these days.

Quoting Lord of Spam: back in 34s after 2 or 3 weeks of effort? great success. :Cool:

you're a 34??? **** gurl bring that tight *** over here

Posted by Lord of Spam

goal is to get back into 30s. was rockin the size 30 waist hxc after boot. not sure what my chest is now, but it was 44 after, but not sure now. thatll probably stay around there since im tryin to drop fa from my torso, but im still working out. who knows.

Posted by Ant

30's kinda small isn't?

Posted by donttazemebro

LoS - want me to send all my old pANTs??? (Whew, almost forgot to capitalize the A-N-T.)

Re: size 0/negative:
reminds me of that ST:TNG episode where someone's taking a Starfleet exam and has to figure out the inverse of a 3-dimensional object. I'm like, what? Yeah, been catching old epi's on late nite cable, I mean, FiOS. I never realized how youth-oriented that show was when I was a kid.

Okay, back to diet and poop talk. I took a glorious one today.

Seriously, since I've quit whacking down a 12-pack of panther **** every night, I've lost about 10 pounds and some of my 36's are too loose.

Edit: really? I cAN'T say ppiissss? Okay, panther URINE.

Posted by Ant

34 would be ideal for my height. or at least that seems to be the most common size for pantaloons around here. OR MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE US AMERICANTS ARE SO FAT!!!

Posted by Lord of Spam

30s pretty **** slim, but if i cut all the fat off myself im a prety slim waisted dude. i think 28 is like the smallest they sell "adult" sizes in for dudes, and 32 is iirc some sort of supposed "ideal", kinda like chicks being size 4.

never really cared about that, just dont enjoy being a big fattty mcfaterson

Posted by donttazemebro

Fatty McFatfat

Posted by cool gamer dad

hell, even i have a 30" waist

Posted by Slade

But, dude, you're like a girl. Like me.

BTW I still want some zac efron jeans up in my junk. There's a kid in my chem class with his hairdo that reminds me of it every tues/thurs.

everyone should have zac efron hair. but only gays wear zac efron jeans

i still <3 him though

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the only thing you need to cut out of your diet is posting

posting is bad for you

you've been doing pretty good, congrats. why are you back?

i missed you!

Posted by Lord of Spam

i'll admit it. when i was in ballin shape i rocked some tighter jeans

didnt like the lack of ballroom, but i was told they made my *** look nice, so **** it.

Posted by The Judge

[COLOR="black"]The first few posts in this thread were a particularly entertaining read knowing already that you'd given it up. It made you sound starry-eyed and hopeful, like a child at Christmas.

But of course, in the end, the child didn't get the present he wanted, much to his dismay.[/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

I weighed myself today and found out that despite the fact that I have been ignoring the gym since school started again I have still lost a little bit of weight since stopping. Woooo.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Lord of Spam: i'll admit it. when i was in ballin shape i rocked some tighter jeans

didnt like the lack of ballroom, but i was told they made my *** look nice, so **** it.

bet you get a lot of that on the sub

heh heh

Posted by Lord of Spam

dohoho u