Dumping Grounds

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

I was thinking we could have an extra board so that crap can be shifted into it. You could call it "The Bin" or something. rather than deleting idiotic threads- send them to the bin and we can all have a good laugh.

Just an idea...

Posted by The Judge

We could call it "Hell."

Posted by Klarth

vgc does have a "delete posts" function, you know.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Kent Traffic Cop: rather than deleting idiotic threads- send them to the bin and we can all have a good laugh.

To answer your response, Majesty.

Posted by Last Fog

It'll never happen. Sounds to me like just another wacko board.

Posted by Klarth

Staff can view deleted posts and threads. if you're really that curious ask one of us.

and anyway, if it was genuinely amusing, wouldn't it just be locked so everyone could read it? :/

Posted by The Judge

Somehow make it so the only threads that go in there are moved threads?

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

Quoting Last Fog: It'll never happen. Sounds to me like just another wacko board.

Yeah... but you could make posts in the Wacko Board- in "The Bin" you could only read them ;)

Posted by Iris

If that was to happen, it'd be best to lock the forum.

Still, I doubt it'll happen, seeing as though it's be easier to delete stupid topics than have a few people enjoy reading them in a different forum.

Posted by Raptor

The Test board should just be renamed to something more precisely indicating that it is to be used as a rubbish receptacle. It's practically useless as it is, anyway.

As for keeping members from posting new threads on the board, it's as simple as disabling the "can post new threads" option for regular users.

Not -all- threads would go to this board instead of being deleted, but threads that do contain some amusing content might be candidates. I have seen this work on other forums, and I am actually for the idea.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Kent Traffic Cop: I was thinking we could have an extra board so that crap can be shifted into it. You could call it "The Bin" or something. rather than deleting idiotic threads- send them to the bin and we can all have a good laugh.

If they're really that worth keeping for comical value, then they can be locked. I don't really foresee it happening much at all, let alone enough to justify a board.

Posted by The Judge

But if we just lock them, then they will be scattered and dispersed. If we concentrate them all into one board, it'd be easier to find them and make a halfway decent board.