Pixel Junk Shooter

Posted by Near

Anyone else a fan of the Pixel Junk games?

I was not a big fan of Racers, thought it was a little boring, but Monsters and Eden are excellent and have provided me with hours of fun.

Now we get to look forward to Pixel Junk Shooter. Once again it looks like Pixel Junk has created a very entertaining and unique game that should prove to provide hours upon hours of game play. Anyone else looking forward to this game? And does anyone know if there has been an official release date for Shooter yet?

Posted by dannydesiliva

I cannot wait for this game to come out after getting to play the first few levels.

I am still perplexed at the name though, since its much more a puzzle game involving liquid physics than it is a 'shooter'. You do shoot , but you also have a grapple item where you can grapple the persons in distress, or water bombs to turn the lava into rock.

The point of each level is to rescue all the little people, while avoiding the lava and enemies. You health bar is really a heat meter, so if you overheat you will die. So each level you will have to manipulate the rock so that the water connects with the lava so you can get through safely to rescue the people. But you must also watch out that you do not burn or drown them! At the end of the Demo there was a huge boss as well, so I guess thats where the 'Shooter' parts comes in. The demo ended mid fight, but it was really awesome.

I was told that the later levels will involve other elements as well, so I am quite interested to see what they come up with. Its definitely my favorite PixelJunk Game.

Posted by Near

I am pretty sure the name was voted on, so blame the Pixel Junk fans for the name.