Failure Rate PS3/360/Wii

Posted by Near

So the XBox360 reaches a new high with a 54% failure rate (The Infamous Red Ring). Way to go Microsoft! Although you have to hand it to them for their excellent support for this problem. Not only does Microsoft get your 360 back to you in a decent amount of time, you also get a month of XBox Live to go along with it. Not bad, but the Red Ring has to get old. I know someone who has had their box die on them 4 times, and the last time it only took about 10 days before it went out again.

PS3 has a much smaller failure rating with around 10%, while the Wii reigns supreme with a small 7% failure rating.

What could Microsoft be doing wrong to cause such a high failure rating? Who knows, but the bottom line is, in my opinion, these machines cost way too much for them to break down. I understand it is not an exact science and electronics break down, but even 10% is high in my opinion.

Just thought I would share this information, see what some of you thought about the failure rate of these high-end consoles.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

This is info from that gae informer survey, right? They're a bunch of sony fanboys. I'm surprised they didn't skew the Wii's numbers to inflate them above the ps3's failure rate. The 360's failure rate is high, but I wouldn't take 54% except with enough grains of salt to kill the Earth's entire population of slugs.

Posted by Degeneration

From what I gather, after Microsoft refurbishes a 360, it's junk, and that's how people end up on their sixth or seventh one.

Anyway, I don't care if it's a 30% fail rate. That's about a third, and that's crazy. This thing has some really devoted fans.

Posted by Near

Actually I got this information from Attack of the Show on G4 :-) just thought I would share what I heard.

Besides, even if some place is filled with a bunch of Sony FanBoys, you can't hide the fact that the 360 has some serious problems when it comes to breaking down time after time.

Posted by Degeneration

Here's what this magazine that just came (Gamestop card bonus, before you ask) sez

Failure rate
360 - 54.2%
PS3 - 10.6%
Wii - 6.8%

Percentage of console owners who had a second failure after the first repair
360 - 41.2%
PS3 - 14.7%
Wii - 11%

Percentage of people who rate their customer service experience "very helpful"
Nintendo - 56.1%
Sony - 51.1%
Microsoft - 37.7%

Percentage of respondents whose friends have had console hardware failures
360 - 69.9%
PS3 - 12.4%
Wii - 6%

oh snap

Posted by Big Boss

New survey, same order:

[quote]Xbox 360 failure rate 23.7%, PS3 10%, Wii 2.7% - Study

By contrast, the study found 10 percent of PlayStation 3s surveyed failed within two years of purchase, as did 2.7 percent of Wiis. However, SquareTrade pointed out an April survey by media-research firm Nielsen that concluded the Wii is the least played of the three major consoles, being used for only 516 minutes per month. By contrast, the Xbox 360 is played over twice as much (1,191 minutes per month), with the PS3 lagging slightly behind it (1,053 minutes per month).

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

No surprise anywhere, really.

Posted by Liquid Gears

Yeah there's half assin' Microsoft for you. Sad thing is I had all three systems and I've sent back my PS3 and Wii. Never the Box..but I sold it. I would rather fix my PS3 5 times than deal with the 360s crap. So I mean they should do another survey called How Much Junk has Microsoft Made for You.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175877

All better.

Posted by Traund

yh m8 you will an less someon has the software etc and wasent awarethis was a failure