New Playstation 3 Slim

Posted by Supermario

Well it seems like the rumors are true. A new slim PS3 is coming to USA and Europe the first of September. The new PS3 has a 120 GB hard drive and will be priced around $299.

[QUOTE]After months of rumors and speculation, the company finally made official news of a brand new version of its PlayStation 3 console during a game convention in Germany on Tuesday. Called the "PlayStation Slim," the new system is due to release in North America and Europe on September 1 for $299 and

Posted by Near

The slim would be nice to have, but to still not have the PS2 compatibility, come on Sony!

But no, the slim model looks nice.

Posted by Panic!

Looks a lot better.

Posted by coromoro

I might have to get this eventually. :o

Posted by Degeneration

SCE has pretty much confirmed that backward compatibility isn't coming back.

PS3s are gonna sell loads now that they're $299.

Posted by Panic!

I'll buy one. After I get my 360 of course.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'd get one but there's basically no point since I already have a 360 and barely play that as it is.

Posted by Near

All 360 owners should probably have a PS3 for back up for when their 360 dies :-).

No, seriously, it is nice now that the PS3s have gotten so cheap, I remember paying around 500 or so for mine, but I also went and found the 60GB one so I could play my PS2 games, which is probably why a paid a little bit more at the time.

Posted by TimeSkipz

i bought a slim, f'ing sexy little thing. by the way, Sega blew the top off in a report saying Dreamcast AND PS2 games are on the way to the store and will be played via an emulator.

Posted by mike133

It looks great in photos! I haven't seen it in shops yet, didn't search for it.
I joined a competition with PS3 Slim as prize at gadgetlite, but I didn't win, bad luck :(