Worst...anime...ever.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Post your most hated anime.

Mine's a tie between Earthian and Shuten Doji. Both were watched dubbed for comedic effect.

Earthian demonstrates such valuable life lessons as "Somersaults and cartwheels allow a man to dodge bullets," and "man-slobber heals all wounds."

Shuten Doji is a rushed mess that somehow explains that a major part of Japanese mythology is the product of a middle-aged housewife's diseased mind as she mourns the loss of her only son...who is also a figment of her imagination, or something.

Posted by Ant

I'm gonna go with Trinity Blood or Blood+. Both ruined the idea of vampires almost as badly as the Twilight series.

Posted by Zeta

nge

yeah that's right i went there

Posted by Lord of Spam

dragon ball z

AAAAAH WE MUST FIGHT NOW BWAHAHA DESPITE THE FACT THAT I AM THE WORLDS MOST EXPERIENCED WARRIOR IM GOING TO STAND HERE AND TALK FOR FIFTY EPISODES MWAHAHA ALSO DESPITE THAT WE CAN MOVE FASTER THAN AN EYE CAN TRACK IT TAKES US 50 EPISODES TO DO ANYTHING OF ANY MERIT HAHAHA

seriously, **** sucks

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Lord of Spam: dragon ball z

AAAAAH WE MUST FIGHT NOW BWAHAHA DESPITE THE FACT THAT I AM THE WORLDS MOST EXPERIENCED WARRIOR IM GOING TO STAND HERE AND TALK FOR FIFTY EPISODES MWAHAHA ALSO DESPITE THAT WE CAN MOVE FASTER THAN AN EYE CAN TRACK IT TAKES US 50 EPISODES TO DO ANYTHING OF ANY MERIT HAHAHA

seriously, **** sucks

Ya Dragonball z

Posted by Panic!

One Piece. Just horrible.

Posted by Speedfreak

VGC hates the only two good anime.

I can understand the hatred for DragonBall Z and One Piece. Didn't care for OP much, myself.

DragonBall Z, I liked. You do have to suspend your disbelief quite a bit for that series though, almost to the point where it's difficult to get it to come back.

Posted by Speedfreak

The internal logic is fairly sound, it just had an awful transition from manga to anime, hence all the dragging out.

And I was referring to NGE, not One Piece.

Posted by Zeta

Clearly you were referring to Outlaw Star and Cromartie High School when you said "two best anime."

Posted by Lord of Spam

to be fair, the vast majority of my anime exposure is just from watching toonami back in the day. **** was hot back then (i watched pretty much every episode of dbz they played) but looking back its just retarded. it would honestly be easier for me to list the things i DO like than the things i dont.

Posted by Stalolin

queen's blade

the main character pees herself twice in the first episode

i'll let you know if i ever get past that episode

Posted by Ant

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yeah. I watched the first episode just for lol's. it did not disappoint. ****ing ACID BOOB MILK.

and I've been meaning to watch Outlaw Star, but it keeps slipping my mind.

Posted by Lord of Spam

one of th3e few ive watched. was cool back when i first saw it, havent seen it in a while. WHO KNOWS LOL

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

dragon ball z ****ing owned y'all are ******s

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Naruto

Posted by Fate

Lucky Star. I say it not because it's a truly bad anime because I don't watch anime enough to see really bad ones, I say it because people kept raving on for me to watch it and I got so disappointed. It was a piece of crap. There were funny moments, yeah, but it wasn't anything near the greatness that people made it out to be.

Posted by Ant

it really wasn't. it was just all the otaku fags dreamfapping over konata

Cromartie was great until they ran out of manga and just started doing stupid ****.

Eva, I've never cared for. Too much contraversy just for the sake of being contraversial, and not the right sort of giant robot action to satisfy me. Hated the main character, too. Good music, though.

Posted by G-Sides

dragonball gt :( z was good, i hate you guys

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai;948594]Cromartie was great until they ran out of manga and just started doing stupid ****.

Eva, I've never cared for. Too much contraversy just for the sake of being contraversial, and not the right sort of giant robot action to satisfy me. Hated the main character, too. Good music, though.

Christ, you realise it's actually taking the p[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]ss out of that kind of opinion? Like, right at the end it intentionally p[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]sses off most of the fans by going "hey, you know, you kids. You're into some really stupid sh[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]t."

Eva's not about robots for robots sake, its about people and just so happens to include robots. It makes a spectacle of itself specifically to annoy people looking for the former. It's the anti-anime. Given that, I can't actually physically understand how it got to be popular at all.

In Dragonball's defence, its transition from manga to animation, and then from animation to American broadcast screwed it up almost as bad as any video game movie (though this would imply that any video game so far would actually make a good movie in the first place). It, as a huge cultural thing, is great, in the sense that the world is better off for its existence and its huge popularity is entirely warranted.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Speedfreak:

In Dragonball's defence, its transition from manga to animation, and then from animation to American broadcast screwed it up almost as bad as any video game movie (though this would imply that any video game so far would actually make a good movie in the first place). It, as a huge cultural thing, is great, in the sense that the world is better off for its existence and its huge popularity is entirely warranted.

Hell yeah, 0ver 9,000!

Quoting Speedfreak: Christ, you realise it's actually taking the p[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]ss out of that kind of opinion? Like, right at the end it intentionally p[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]sses off most of the fans by going "hey, you know, you kids. You're into some really stupid sh[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]t."

I don't really care about the statements it was trying to make or the realism of its characters. If I wanted realism, I'd watch the news. I want mighty heroes and giant robots kicking the crap out of each other.

Posted by Ant

I always hated when people tried to use that logic FOR AN ENTIRE ****ING MEDIUM OF ANYTHING.

I'd go on but I don't really see any point in doing so.

Posted by Fate

I didn't like Eva only because I hated everyone and how they dealt with everything. Great storyline, though.

Posted by Stalolin

eva had a ****ty storyline

character development was the main piece of eva

if you can't understand that you shouldn't be allowed to watch it

Where were you before I watched it, so you could have forbidden me to do so?

Posted by Fate

There was hardly any character development in that series. They were all whiny from beginning to end. Nobody changed.

Posted by Stalolin

no

the series presents constant character development, almost every episode. it can be subtle because shinji can't accurately portray himself to other people, not even to the viewer.

shinji realized in the very first episode that even though he was discarded by his father, he has to fight otherwise people will die. he's a pussy, but only when he isn't completely morally guided.

episode 3 pits him up against another angel, however he also has two passengers alongside him. shinji's innate personality (due to the mental conditioning of his father, which is necessary for an A.T. field) rejects people completely. he wants nothing to do with them. however, when he saves the lives of his schoolmates, he makes friends. shinji grows a little by realizing he can actually make friends.

episode 4 once again has shinji questioning why he has to pilot eva. his last battle exhausted him, leaving him rather disturbed. in an effort to avoid the same feelings that future battles he runs away. misato helps realize that he's the only one who can save everyone from an unfortunate and gruesome death. shinji is of course, not entirely convinced by this, but he believes he's found a way to continue fighting.

ep 5/6. near the end of the episode, shinji realizes that even people he hardly knows will care about him and try to protect him. that was the whole ****ing theme of both episodes.

i'm not going to go on

rewatch the series and look for this ****

Posted by Fate

You can go on and on all you want about his development, in the end he was still a crybaby since he just reverted to his old self.

Keep crying about your favorite anime, Shinji. I don't care if you care if I like it or not.

Posted by Stalolin

it's not my favorite anime

eva sucks compared to giant robo

Posted by Fate

I'm more of a Patlabor fan myself.

Posted by fnool

kenshin crisis neo-tokyo judgement X

Posted by Colonel

Inu-Yasha

Started out soo good, then got soooo bad!

Posted by Jushiroshi

Narutard... its *** awful... and a close second would have to be all the ones that are like To love-ru... x_X

And lay off of DBZ, it pretty much brought Anime to America... and it wasn't about storyline... the was left to Dragon Ball... DBZ was just about fighting and cool animation...

And if you argue that DBZ didn't bring Anime to America... ok I get it... Speed Racer... but whatever... Anime became a staple after DBZ, and then Pokemon came in and made it an epedemic, but they only trusted that Pokemon would be successful based on the prior success of DBZ (and Sailor Moon if we HAVE to go there)... but lets not deny the facts kids! ;-D

(btw... this is to Colonel... THEY ARE REDOING THE END OF INUYASHA!!! 8-D)

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Fate: Lucky Star. I say it not because it's a truly bad anime because I don't watch anime enough to see really bad ones, I say it because people kept raving on for me to watch it and I got so disappointed. It was a piece of crap. There were funny moments, yeah, but it wasn't anything near the greatness that people made it out to be.

"We're going to make a show where the main characters basically act like our target audience, but we'll make them attractive females"
Can someone say "marketing"?
I always hated how much popularity that show got.

Posted by Stalolin

nominating musashi gundou for best anime of ever

Posted by Linko_16

Old topic old argument, but: It's true that Eva is about people and not giant robots, but they didn't "just so happen to include robots." The point of the robots in Eva was their use as symbols for human beings and how they form relationships with one another, the PT Field being a metaphor for defenses we put up to keep ourselves from being vulnerable and getting hurt. The stronger shield overpowers and penetrates the lesser one an invariably the robot with the weaker shield is destroyed, which is a grim way of saying that relationships only start if at least one person opens themselves up to another, and that person is inevitably going to get ****ed. Pretty much every character in the show does this because they have a history of letting down their "PT Field" and getting ****ed. The easiest example to come to mind is Asuka, who in rare moments, such as when she spontaneously asks Shinji is he wants to try kissing, shows that even though she actually wants to have someone close to her who genuinely loves and respects her, she has to act like a standoffish ***** (telling Shinji that his kissing was crappy and making fun of him immediately afterward) because she feels vulnerable unless she is dominant and superior, afraid of being forgotten, ignored, etc, after what happened with her mother. Everyone has different behaviors and patterns according to their various histories and hang-ups, but their common element is that they put up these boundaries even if what they really want is to be close to somebody. In the end of the series, [spoiler]the extreme opposite of this happens when the giant angel (whatever the **** it was it's been too ****ing long) presents everyone with a warm, inviting and accepting version of the one person that they desire the most, which causes them to throw those boundaries so far away that they actually lose their composition and become a pile of red **** that combines into a giant mass etc etc[/spoiler].

That's what I got out of it anyway. Only Japan would use giant robot battles as an allegory for trying to make human connections.

Posted by Stalolin

AT Field, as in Absolute Terror Field. It's another Freud thing, just like Rei is somehow the superego, Shinji is somehow the ego, and Asuka is totally the Id.

Linko's car probably has a PT Field though.

Edit: Okay, so AT Field isn't Freud related but it still has psychological roots, like Linko was saying.

Posted by Zeta

hey guys how do you eat a chocolate cornet

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Stalolin: AT Field, as in Absolute Terror Field. It's another Freud thing, just like Rei is somehow the superego, Shinji is somehow the ego, and Asuka is totally the Id.

Linko's car probably has a PT Field though.

Edit: Okay, so AT Field isn't Freud related but it still has psychological roots, like Linko was saying.

Yeah sorry, I got the name wrong. I'M A MONSTER.