PSP Go!

Posted by Near

I know I am a little behind, but I just came across the new PSP today, and I have to say it looks nice in a picture, but I would certainly like to hold one to see what it really feels like.

So does anyone have any thoughts on the latest handheld coming from Sony?

Personally I have always been one to enjoy tangible products, and by the PSP Go! doing away with the UMD and going strictly digital, I am not so sure I will like it as much. I do however like the fact that it weighs a lot less, and the idea of being able to have all my games on the single device does make it that much more portable.

Posted by Colonel

Wasn't that rumored to be Nintendo Wii's name before the actually named it "Wii". That's what I thought at least -_-

Posted by Near

Not sure, I thought at one point, Nintendo Revolution, was thought to be the new name before it become the Wii. Again, I am not sure on that though.

Posted by Degeneration

The PSP Go is $250 and loses the UMD slot. I'll pass.

Posted by Near

I thought the same. I figured I would pass on this one, but one thing I would like to know, if you get a PSP Go! and have all these UMD discs, how are you supposed to get those on your new PSP without spending any money?

Posted by Degeneration

Unless there's some kind of secret plan in the works, just keep getting the PSP-3000 if your old one breaks. I doubt they'd let you rip games to the PSP Go's memory. That'd let you rent stuff and keep it digitally forever.

I think they should have waited until a full-blown PSP 2 before they made a digital-only handheld. It would make more sense because the lack of backward compatibility is less of a problem.

Posted by Near

Yeah, I am not so sure this digital-only handheld will work in Sony's favor. I would love to have one just to have it, but if I can't get all my games now onto it, whats the point?

Oh well, looks like a swing and a miss this time around.

Posted by Speedfreak

Good Job, Sony, you've alienated the fanbase of your most popular PSP game with a badly-placed D-Pad.