Fat Princess

Posted by Fate

It's out now with a fancy new patch. Really good purchase from PSN. I have a lot of fun in it. Check it out if you've got spare monies. :cool:

Posted by Near

What is it like? I know the concept is basically capture the flag, but instead it is a princess who can get really fat, making it harder to move her. What about the battles, what are those like?

I am trying to decide if I want to spend the 15, since I dont have any demo to go off, I was hoping you could give me your perspective.

Posted by Fate

The game is like capture the flag, some slight RTSing, deathmatch (for personal scores) and territories (offense and defense at the same time) combined.

You start off every game at a level with basic character classes that you have to level up mid-game while defending and attacking at the same time. You can change your class at any time by picking up the hats on the floor of the class you want. The strategy part is working together to gather resources from the field while dividing your team to defend on the battlefield. It's up to everyone to be a team, take initiative, and look at what needs to be done to build up character classes. To successfully gather resources, you need to capture mini forts on the field and put resources in them-- because if you don't, you have to trek all the way back to your base with the resource and risk being killed on your way there. The resources let the worker class build new structures to upgrade all character classes, so they can tear up the battlefield. Every game is violent and bloody and very cute. That's the core of the game.

So with that going on, there's different game types: territories only, capture three times (no defending), and capturing the princess. In territories, you just go out to the field and capture territories. In capturing three times, you get the princess to your base and that's it. In the last mode, prepare yourself for a bitter battle that could take very long time depending on the level of skill of the other team.

Oh yeah, and you can make the princess fat by feeding her cake. Not only is it funny, the other team has a hard time carrying her out of your base successfully. You can feed your own princess cake when she gets to your base so they can't take her back easily.

Posted by Near

Sounds solid enough, and fun. Is it a decent enough game when you play solo, or can you even play solo?

Posted by Fate

You can play solo and it's still very good. There's difficulty settings, too.

Posted by Near

Awesome, I think I will get this then. One last question, can you split screen on this game, or is it only online you can play with other people?

Posted by Fate

Online games now have a trend of making everyone get their own copy, so I don't know if you can split screen.

Posted by Near

Mmm, I'll have to think on this one. I will probably get it if I can get some people I know to play.

Thanks for answering all my questions, I really appreciate it.

Posted by Fate

It's cool. It's also still surprising that I can find at least one other person here that considers PSN valid.

Posted by Near

The PSN has an excellent selection of games. I like it just as much, if not more than XBLA. I don't have a XBOX anymore, so I can't really compare now, but I really think the PSN fits me more than the XBLA did.

I mean so far about every game I have got off the PSN has offered me hours of fun, games like:

Everyday Shooter
flOw
Super Stardust HD
The Last Guy
Pixel Junk Monsters
Pixel Junk Eden
Bionic Commando Re-Armed
Flower

...not to mention all the PS1 games we get, and PSP, plus remakes. I think the PSN is just as strong as XBLA. We even have a lot of newer titles to look forward to, and those that I have yet to play, like Fat Princess.

Haha, guess I am done with my little rant now :-P.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

this is a game based on fate's life

Posted by Fate

Do you have it?

Posted by Near

I don't have it yet, but I will probably break down and get it soon.

Posted by Fate

Cool. I'm always up for a fat dance.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Fate;948554][COLOR=skyblue]Cool. I'm always up for a fat dance.[/COLOR][spoiler].[/spoiler]

Posted by Fate

Pretty much, yeah.

Posted by nunsouspra

I agree, still a lot of tones missing especially in the background & on the waterfalls... I'll make sure to complete a project next time.

Posted by Foppy D

I have NO IDEA how to play this game, so I just play the deathmatch

Posted by Fate

You're supposed to have two fat *****es in your castle.

Posted by Foppy D

yeah but I just keep getting my *** kicked to get to the other princess so I don't know what to do

Posted by Fate

You get points for killing stuff too. A lot of the time you can rack up points just by feeding the enemy princess in your castle. Try doing that alone for a match and you'll be at the top.

Posted by onseroll

sounds like a funny seriuse game and also sounds fun