King of Fighters XII

Posted by Near

I have been buying up all the new fighting games coming out, its crazy.

Anyways, anyone else pick this one up?

Loads of fun, but thats what I expect from a KoF game. I have always enjoyed the KoF series. Anyways, there are a few things that are lacking. First, we are on a PS3 displaying in High Definition, and the graphics here just don't do it for me. It honestly looks like a PS2 game, so what happened here? SF4 was beautiful, BlazBlue, beautiful...but whatever.

Also, there are no extras, such as a story line, or other play modes. All you get is Arcade and Versus, so you get nothing but 3 v 3 fights all the time. No form of time attack, survival, anything like that. I guess this isnt that big of a deal, but all these other fighting games are adding so many features, while KoF gives you arcade play at its purest. If the game itself wasnt so fun, this would have been a terrible buy.

Last thing, the character roster. I can still put together my dream team, but there are a lot of old KoF characters that are missing from this game. And as far as I can tell, you won't be unlocking any characters either.

Oh well, overall this is a fun game to play online or with people. Its fun to play solo, but that can only take you so far before the fun runs out.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

why do you keep making these threads in playstation forum are you really that retarded

Posted by Degeneration

I'll rent KoF XII at some point. The reviews make it look like the game still needs work.

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X: why do you keep making these threads in playstation forum are you really that retarded

probably gtfo; definitely stfu

Posted by Near

The game needs work for sure, after playing it over the weekend and the past few days. Even the AI is terrible. I have it set on the hardest setting and I can take on the CPU without having to use my other two team members.

I am really hoping that by the time I get hooked back up to high-speed, there will be some kind of update for the game. I don't see how they actually released this game in this condition.

Posted by Near

So I got to play online today, not sure if anyone cares, but online play is a joke right now with this game. The lag is terrible, it is near impossible to play in my opinion. I know it is not me either, because SFIV and BB played just fine online.

There is supposed to be another huge update coming soon, which will hopefully make online play enjoyable by fixing this huge problem.