Chat Rooms need an UPGRADE!!!

Posted by theGok1

Hello fellow forum lovers. I am here to share some of the problems on the chat. The reason I am posting it on the Pokemon category is because the Pokemon chat room is most famous (because if you search "pokemon chat" on Google, it's the first link... but that's beside the point)

Why?

First of is the appearance. It looks really dull. Black background, lousy fonts, etc. But that's just the minor problem.

Second is because of the LAG. The way the chat works (using my own experience) is the "chatters" would post a message in the room and it posts. That's okay. But once in a while (haven't timed it) the room would refresh itself (perhaps preventing spam because mods aren't usually around). I find it rather annoying because it makes a sound every time it refreshes and it can get crazy if there are A LOT of people in the room. I hope you can fix the problem by making it like one of those java chat rooms (like the one pokebeach and serebii's chatrooms uses) This also leads too...

Third is because of lack of registration. You just put a username into the chatroom and you instantly can chat. Quick and simple. But what if you can register to the chat? It's like the Java chatrooms. You can register your username so if anyone (perhaps I should say EVERYONE) doesn't want imposters, registering ur account will prevent these imposters. I know that the IP address makes it a little easy to notice imposters, but it gets really annoying once they come in and talk about crap.

There should also be more mods.

I wish I could be a mod. I also think a lot of people deserve to be mods. They have to come to the chats a lot, be respectful to people, and not be annoying. I come to the chat rooms every day and I could be really responsible. I don't kick automatically (unlike some mods who don't give people chances) I hope everyone hears me out. I'm sick of lags/imposters/spammers/haters of these chats and I want the chat to go out smoothly. The chat has been up for quite a while and I haven't seen a change (I also notice that the "Win a DS" ad is still on the top of it... We live in 2009 now... not 2004!!!!!!!!)

P.S. - i'm not saying it should be one of those java chat rooms. im just saying it should work like one (and be more presentable)
P.S.S. - I'll be giving updates to this thread if either I have more things to say / people ask me questions (maybe ill make an FAQs on this thread / make a new one)

Posted by D.Thuff

I know ppl in school who still havent caught all the legendarys, think the E4 is difficult, who cannot connect to wifi, and who gets lost in the game........ there are lots of noobs out there who may want to ask.

Posted by Stalolin

how do i catch pikablu

Posted by NeoToasty7

Quoting theGok1: Hello fellow forum lovers. I am here to share some of the problems on the chat. The reason I am posting it on the Pokemon category is because the Pokemon chat room is most famous (because if you search "pokemon chat" on Google, it's the first link... but that's beside the point)

Why?

First of is the appearance. It looks really dull. Black background, lousy fonts, etc. But that's just the minor problem.

Second is because of the LAG. The way the chat works (using my own experience) is the "chatters" would post a message in the room and it posts. That's okay. But once in a while (haven't timed it) the room would refresh itself (perhaps preventing spam because mods aren't usually around). I find it rather annoying because it makes a sound every time it refreshes and it can get crazy if there are A LOT of people in the room. I hope you can fix the problem by making it like one of those java chat rooms (like the one pokebeach and serebii's chatrooms uses) This also leads too...

Third is because of lack of registration. You just put a username into the chatroom and you instantly can chat. Quick and simple. But what if you can register to the chat? It's like the Java chatrooms. You can register your username so if anyone (perhaps I should say EVERYONE) doesn't want imposters, registering ur account will prevent these imposters. I know that the IP address makes it a little easy to notice imposters, but it gets really annoying once they come in and talk about crap.

There should also be more mods.

I wish I could be a mod. I also think a lot of people deserve to be mods. They have to come to the chats a lot, be respectful to people, and not be annoying. I come to the chat rooms every day and I could be really responsible. I don't kick automatically (unlike some mods who don't give people chances) I hope everyone hears me out. I'm sick of lags/imposters/spammers/haters of these chats and I want the chat to go out smoothly. The chat has been up for quite a while and I haven't seen a change (I also notice that the "Win a DS" ad is still on the top of it... We live in 2009 now... not 2004!!!!!!!!)

P.S. - i'm not saying it should be one of those java chat rooms. im just saying it should work like one (and be more presentable)
P.S.S. - I'll be giving updates to this thread if either I have more things to say / people ask me questions (maybe ill make an FAQs on this thread / make a new one)

Ok, these are very prissy complaints about the chat rooms. They're fine. They've been that way for roughly 9 years, and nothing is going to change. You want to know my problem with the rooms are? There are a lack of good chatters in them. They're just a bunch of stupid teens with one-dimensional personalities. Bringing their senseless drama over to a public chatroom as if they're expecting this to be some LiveJournal entry. Screwing up the chats with their half-assed RPs and characters. Not to mention constantly combining other animes that have nothing to do with the corresponding room they're in. Stupid **** like Naruto mixed with Pokemon? What the hell? Doesn't make any **** sense.

There are some decent posters in there, but some are control freaks. They just refuse to admit it and they're in a state of denial. Also to mention, a bunch of people who act like philosophers who can't have an neutral opinion in there, always brainwashing people with their beliefs sometimes.

As far as moderation go, the people whom I mentioned in the above paragraphs are some of the mods. Who think they're ***ly just because they've been around for a few years. Well, I was around them back then and I know exactly how some of them are who shouldn't even BE a mod. I had moderation, I think my style and use of powers was fair. People didn't like it because they were probably raised to be spoiled since they think they can get away with anything and everything. Not to mention, the mods lack to take action. As they only go after the obvious flooders, but seem completely oblivious to the atmosphere of the room itself.

I think it's just jealousy. So, as far as I'm concerned, your prissy complaints are absolutely weak. Quality matters more than quantity, but people believe otherwise yet they wonder why the rooms are in a downward spiral. Personally, I hope the rooms fade out. It'll take a few more years until the day, but so be it. But the other side of me says that they should stay, as they're a piece of history to some people. Just wish that the quality of the rooms were to be improved.

This is coming from someone who has been around the chats since 1997, and since then been floating around the rooms off and on. Seeing it degrade little by little. It's pretty ****ing sad if you ask me.