Bots in the movie board

Posted by Shin-Ra

I suggested to Lisa to make a thread in the modboard to re-mod me to the movie board. I don't actually care one way or another if it's me who gets modded there, but someone needs to start deleting the bot posts. There are threads where 8 posts are spam in the vein of "I've never seen this movie. I really like this movie Very much. It is A movie." It's getting annoying.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Jesse Smith: Now now, have compassion for da new members when they don't post URLs!!! :D:D:D:D It's not nice 2 scare them away!!! :D:D:D:D

And you wounder why da forums are 'dying'!!!! Cause you like to ban all da newbies!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now now, have compassion for da new members when they don't post URLs!!! :D:D It's not nice 2 scare them away!!! :D:D

And you wounder why da forums are 'dying'!!!! Cause you like to ban all da newbies!!!!!!! :D:D

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

5 yes and 1 no. jesse, mod him already

Posted by Tyler Durden

MOD ME!!!

Also, I'm beginning to suspect that Panic may be a bot.. hmmm o_O

Posted by Shin-Ra

I ASKED FIRST!!!!!!

C'mon Jesse, it's not like I'll be banning the bots, so I doubt they'll be so butthurt that they leave in the forum in a defeated rage.

Posted by Tyler Durden

:cookie: WHO THE HELL CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Jesse Smith

er...was there something I forgot to do??!!!! :confused: :D

Posted by Tyler Durden

MOD ONE OF US!!!

Or both?

Posted by Jesse Smith

I don't see a mod poll 4 u!!! Da mods require democracy!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Shin-Ra

OH HEY JESSE I THINK YOU FORGOT SOMETHING.

Seriously, please do me this one boon. I won't even push for banning of these bots or anything like that. I just want to clean up the one board so it won't appear to be a dead, bot board to new members (even though it is) and so it doesn't look like trash for those of us who want to have a decent discussion there.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Dexters posts count as five votes and from da thread...

Quoting Dexter: I don't think Shin Ra even wants that responsibility. He only comes here from force of habit. And I don't see spam.

:D:D:D:D

Posted by Shin-Ra

Responsibility? Oh lord, it's an internet forum with very little traffic. Secondly, it's not his place to say whether I want something or not whenever I'm the one who requested the position in the first place. Saying what he did goes far beyond the bounds of anything he knows and drifts into silly assumptions. Saying that I don't care one way or the other on who's mod there doesn't mean that I don't want the position. If his opinion based on me giving up my mod positions in the past, that was because I had just started an RN nursing program which would be taking up all my time and I didn't have a functional computer. Now I have a computer and I'm graduated from college, meaning I have a lot more free time.

And of course he doesn't see spam. Judging by the amount of actual spam in the movie board, he doesn't do his job in there enough to have a valid opinion on the issue if he considers those posts as being by actual people. See, what I said there? That's not an assumption pulled from thin air, that's an evidence based conclusion.

Seriously, there's no reasonable justification for giving me the run around on this.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Responsibility? Oh lord, it's an internet forum with very little traffic. Secondly, it's not his place to say whether I want something or not whenever I'm the one who requested the position in the first place. Saying what he did goes far beyond the bounds of anything he knows and drifts into silly assumptions. Saying that I don't care one way or the other on who's mod there doesn't mean that I don't want the position. If it's based on me giving up my mod position in the past, that was because I had just started an RN nursing program which would be taking up all my time and I didn't have a functional computer. Now I have a computer and I'm graduated from college, meaning I have a lot more free time.

And of course he doesn't see spam. Judging by the amount of actual spam in the movie board, he doesn't do his job enough in there to have a valid opinion on the issue if he considers those posts as being by actual people. See, what I said there? That's not an assumption pulled from thin air, that's an evidence based conclusion.

Seriously, there's no justification for giving me the run around on this.

Posted by cool gamer dad

let me mod the psp board jesse

Posted by Ant

I'd be cool with both

Posted by Shin-Ra

Jesse would only pay attention if it was made into a poll. I'd vote it in though.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Shin-Ra: Jesse would only pay attention if it was made into a poll. I'd vote it in though.

Blame da mods!!! They go ballistic if any one becomes a mod with out them voting them in!!! :D:D:D:D

They don't like people entering their territory with out them leting them in!!! :D:D:D They are way too power hungry!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Omni

I remember being asked if I wanted to be a mod at the same time as Lisa was asked. I'm still down. I'd like Music and maybe the Intro board if someone wants to make a poll about it.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'll make the poll since you kept your blog alive for so long. Just get stable internet first.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, that would probably be a good idea. I'm currently stealing a connection on my friend's wireless router. I realize how hardcore that makes me, but I'll have real internet soon and I definitely look forward to it.

Posted by cool gamer dad

im stealing this guy's 7mb connection from the next apartment over

who leaves their 7mb connection wide open lmao

Posted by Omni

Yeah, so I've got a fairly stable connection now, so if you want to make a poll for me now, that would be wonderful, Gar.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Poll created for music and intro boards.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=cool gamer dad;948054]who leaves their 7mb connection wide open lmao

I do, ****er.. Motorola is a ***** to configure. ;)

Posted by Omni

Jesse, stop being such a lazy wacko. I'm pretty sure that I won my poll.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er...er...er...did I miss something??!! :confused:

Posted by Omni

It seems that way.

Posted by Shin-Ra

C'mon Jesse, 6 people voted yes. Please honor the rest of the mod's decision and give her the music board. It's more dead than it ever has been and I think Omni can help, you know, undead it a little - zombie style and such.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh my!! :eek: It's been a month since da poll was made!! :eek: Why didn't some one tell me!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Omni

Oh, Jesse. You so silly.