My Keds

Posted by Fate

So before I commit to buying them, I'll ask what you guys think. I designed them. :)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/end_Fate/Wallpapersetc/mykeds.png[/IMG]

Posted by Ant

keds are grandma shoes. I had tons of old ladies buy those. and the colors don't really blend well together. but what the **** do I know about fashion.

Posted by Fate

Keds are like customizable Vans. They are trendy without being gay like Crocs. Also, espresso/teal/cream are the colors that make up the Snake image for the most part.

Posted by Panic!

Crocs are just about as gay as Richard Simmons and Perez Hilton butt-****ing. Not sure if you knew that... but now you do.

Posted by Turtle Toupee

Quoting Panic: Crocs are just about as gay as Richard Simmons and Perez Hilton butt-****ing. Not sure if you knew that... but now you do.
with clay aiken in the middle and elton john filming

Posted by junior senior

crocs are good
keds lmfao ok i had those in 2nd grade and i never wore them because i would think that faggots and grandmas would wear them and i was right lmao

Posted by Slade

That image makes anything cool. If you think you have stuff that would go well with those shoes, get them!

Posted by Stalolin

uh yeah slade's spot on

there's no alternate dimension where those could be uncool

Posted by Fate

Hell yeah, that's what I thought. It turns an otherwise boring vintage shoe into something awesome while still being comfortable. I knew there were people with style here somewhere. :)

Side note: slip-ons are the successor to flats, the ones currently in style.

Posted by Speedfreak

Oh Jesus.

Posted by David M. Awesome

Those are pretty sick for something that's normally a pretty average looking shoe.

Posted by Linko_16

David's posting? lol.

I think it would look cooler if you could get different graphics on each shoe. If they let you do that.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: Oh Jesus.

seconded.

Posted by Fate

Hey, you guys are the ones that clicked on the effin' link. And read responses. And posted.

Linko: You can. I had this sweet image of Old Snake and MkII on one end and the leg of a Gecko on the other (he was about to fight it) but the image was black and white and I own too much black already.

Posted by Turtle Toupee

if it was scorpion from mk, id say okay, but mgs and the characters in it are not cool

Posted by Fate

Scorpion? Yellow? Eggggh.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Fate;946167][COLOR=skyblue]espresso/teal/cream are the colors that make up the Snake image for the most part.[/COLOR]

Funny, looks more like an [URL="http://media.photobucket.com/image/aqua,%20colors/jjjj0/HealDarfurAqua.jpg"]Aqua[/URL] (rather than teal) to me..

Posted by O.T.L

*Adds a vote to the get em slot*

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Turtle Toupee;946210]if it was scorpion from mk, id say okay, but mgs and the characters in it are not cool

your fagot

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

looks like a dumb hipster-nerd crossover attempt. And I was "no" at "keds"

Posted by Lord of Spam

the design is well done. that being said i dont care for either the subject or the medium.

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: looks like a dumb hipster-nerd crossover attempt. And I was "no" at "keds"

ditto

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;946206][COLOR=skyblue]Hey, you guys are the ones that clicked on the effin' link. And read responses. And posted.[/COLOR]

Yeah and you made the thread, what's your point?

Posted by Fate

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: looks like a dumb hipster-nerd crossover attempt. And I was "no" at "keds"

It's not an attempt, for that would indicate failure. I am very cool. And I like slip-ons. And Metal Gear. Most people I know wouldn't be able to point out that Solid Snake would be on my shoe, so it's not like I'm doing it for attention or anything. Keep being gay about it, jeez.

Quoting Speedfreak: Yeah and you made the thread, what's your point?

Subject matter is important to me, so making a post about it isn't as stupid as someone who doesn't care posting here. :)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Should make Gargoyle ones instead.

Posted by Fate

If you like something a lot you might want to research custom clothing too. Gargoyle shoes sure would be unique. :)

Posted by junior senior

fate stop being such a negative *****.

Posted by O.T.L

She not being negative.

I like yogurt.

Posted by cool gamer dad

i dont really dig slipons but they can work for girls i guess

and i'm more of a minimalist when it comes to clothing so naturally i'm gonna say **** the design and go with a plain color

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

[QUOTE=Fate;946331]It's not an attempt, for that would indicate failure. I am very cool. And I like slip-ons. And Metal Gear. Most people I know wouldn't be able to point out that Solid Snake would be on my shoe, so it's not like I'm doing it for attention or anything. Keep being gay about it, jeez.

so you. . . ARE successfully bridging the nerd-hipster gap? I didn't say you were doing it for attention. I just think it looks tacky. For what it's worth,that'd be cool **** here in paris

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Speedfreak;946180]Oh Jesus.

[quote=Lord of Spam;946204]seconded.

[quote=Dark Bulb]Wut.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;946331][COLOR=skyblue]It's not an attempt, for that would indicate failure. I am very cool. And I like slip-ons. And Metal Gear. Most people I know wouldn't be able to point out that Solid Snake would be on my shoe, so it's not like I'm doing it for attention or anything. Keep being gay about it, jeez.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=skyblue]Subject matter is important to me, so making a post about it isn't as stupid as someone who doesn't care posting here.[/COLOR] :)

I cared enough to express my distaste!

Posted by coromoro

I like them. Get them and post pics. :cool:

Posted by Linko_16

Yes, post pics of you wearing your new shoes.

And nothing else.

Posted by Ant

now there's an idea

Posted by Fate

Bj, stop indicating that game stuff is for nerds, jesus. I like wearing stuff that is totally me, and since MGS is my favorite gamer series ever, I don't see the problem in me getting those shoes and I don't see it as some nerd-hipster whatever thing. You should see the clothes I wear in real life-- I am my own fashion statement.

Bought.
:)

Posted by Speedfreak

Game stuff is totally for nerds. 99% of it looks utterly ridiculous.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Fate: Bj, stop indicating that game stuff is for nerds, jesus. I like wearing stuff that is totally me, and since MGS is my favorite gamer series ever, I don't see the problem in me getting those shoes and I don't see it as some nerd-hipster whatever thing. You should see the clothes I wear in real life-- I am my own fashion statement.

Bought.
:)

Oh don't get all butthurt. You said "It's not an attempt, for that would indicate failure." I was just making a conclusion based on what you inferred ;)
Basically, screen-printing on shoes is ghetto, video game characters look silly on clothing (on adults, anyways) and they're f*cking KEDS.
Video game clothing is for nerds. If you "wear stuff that is totally me," then just be proud you're a nerd. Christ, quit acting like you're above being branded a nerd and quit acting like I'm insulting you by saying so. I think hipsters are more obnoxious than nerds. It just looks tacky. [Insert statement about you being unable to take criticism, and pointing out that by posting this thread you were welcoming it]

Posted by WillisGreeny

I had a TA who only wore video game shirts to class and everyone thought she was the coolest nerd ever. She inspired others to start wearing their shirts to class. All these closet nerds sought her as being the Ellen Degenerous of nerdom. It was actually quite surprising to see some people that seemed like jocks in class start wearing mario shirts.

Posted by coromoro

If wearing video game clothes isn't cool, I don't know what is. :cool2:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=WillisGreeny;946449]I had a TA who only wore video game shirts to class and everyone thought she was the coolest nerd ever. She inspired others to start wearing their shirts to class. All these closet nerds sought her as being the Ellen Degenerous of nerdom. It was actually quite surprising to see some people that seemed like jocks in class start wearing mario shirts.

Lemme break down what happened here:

A woman who doesn't know how to dress appeared in front of a bunch of nerds, simultaneously appearing very accessible and validating bad taste, which causes all the closet nerds to come out. The majority of the clothing still looks terribad, but it seems like nerds care more than the game depicted than how good it actually looks.

Posted by WillisGreeny

She was married and talked a lot about her husband. Try again.

Posted by Speedfreak

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Posted by Ant

If these shirts aren't cool, then by golly, guess I'll have to live without being cool.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: Oh don't get all butthurt. You said "It's not an attempt, for that would indicate failure." I was just making a conclusion based on what you inferred ;)
Basically, screen-printing on shoes is ghetto, video game characters look silly on clothing (on adults, anyways) and they're f*cking KEDS.
Video game clothing is for nerds. If you "wear stuff that is totally me," then just be proud you're a nerd. Christ, quit acting like you're above being branded a nerd and quit acting like I'm insulting you by saying so. I think hipsters are more obnoxious than nerds. It just looks tacky. [Insert statement about you being unable to take criticism, and pointing out that by posting this thread you were welcoming it]

I'm not getting offended, I'm just saying you're wrong.

First off, I never said anything about my shoes being an attempt at merging any styles together, so I failed nothing and you inferred nothing. I don't care about the brand or what you think of screen-printing.

I'm not above being branded a nerd and actually do categorize myself as that... But video games are not nerd specific and haven't been for a while. I wear very pretty dresses and I don't think they are "marred" by me wearing my Gears C.O.G. tags with them. Doesn't look tacky if you do it right. ;)

As for criticism, I can take it no problem. Like I said before, most people I know don't know or don't care that Metal Gear is my favorite game series, so if I were to go about explaining my shoes to people I know I'd get a few weird looks. But... My shoes are for me and they would look really cute with the type of clothes I wear.

it's not like i'm wearing that **** that ant posted or anything

Posted by Ant

psh **** you they're gonna own

Posted by coromoro

Those are freakin' SWEET. I've been playing that game lately, and I gotta say it rocks. :cool:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Ant;946482]If these shirts aren't cool, then by golly, guess I'll have to live without being cool.

[IMG]http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/07/504x_cst2.jpg[/IMG]

Saw those, the only good one is the polar star one, and that's if you're okay with wearing bright pink.

Come on, dude, the top-right looks like a 10 year old's fanart.

[quote=Fate;946483][COLOR=skyblue]it's not like i'm wearing that **** that ant posted or anything[/COLOR]

You only think they're bad because you're not into the game.

This is how every normal person will see your shoes.

Posted by Ant

YOU look like a 10 year old's fanart.

for what's it's worth I'd only get the bottom two.

Posted by Speedfreak

Balrog would be better without the text and make some stencil effect.

Slapping character art onto clothing looks shit unless you have something INCREDIBLY iconic like a space invader.

Posted by Ant

Also, here's some Mother related material:

I bought this one, in gray, awhile back. It owns
[IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0014/1962/products/psirockin_shirts_large.jpg?1247134138[/IMG]

And I'm thinking about picking up these two(red & gray respectively):
[IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0014/1962/products/shirt-pork-army_large_large.png?1247134138[/IMG] [IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0014/1962/products/pandora_shirts_large.jpg?1247134138[/IMG]

Posted by coromoro

I want all of those. :o

Posted by Fate

Getting only iconic items on clothing is retarded. It's like saying I can't get a shirt that says "Commander of Normandy" because nobody would get it. Those shirts that Ant posted are bad because they are bad. The only shirt I'd wear that was posted is that gray one with the colors because the colors are blended well and the design is nice. White shirts with basic prints on them are lame as lame can be, ESPECIALLY since the design is right in the middle of it.

Posted by Ant

see, it's funny cause in a roundabout way I was defending you. WHAT A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS!

Posted by Speedfreak

Your reading comprehension is as shit as ever.

The last set of shirts Ant posted are genuinely awesome pieces of design. You'd have no idea they were videogame references. You could see those hanging anywhere, especially the top three. Christ, I've seen worse design on mainstream brands.

What they explicitly aren't are plain shirts with a basic print. What's hilarious is you can't see the link between what you're saying and extremely plain shoes with a picture of Gun Man on them. Christ, you even picked the most obviously nerdy Mother shirts.

Posted by Fate

I understood what Ant said, but the shirts he posted first is the same thing as reinforcing steel with toilet paper. At first I thought the shirts were fanart because the colors were awful. The only place you would see those is probably at place where anime or video games are supported-- because that's exactly what it looks like. Not the worst thing ever if someone decided to wear them, but the design really is terribad.

Since you're retarded on fashion, let me explain why the original shirts are bad and the ones posted afterwards are good: COLOR COORDINATION. White tee shirt? ****ing gross. Learn it, live it, then come back and argue with me about what looks good. The shirt I picked has a great color scheme and design, so no matter how nerdy it is it can still look good.

Also, to point out another stupid thing you said... It's not a man with a gun on my shoes, it's Solid Snake, my favorite video game character. And the art is done by the man Yoji Shinkawa himself. Jesus, you are dense.

Posted by Fate

[vgc double post]

Posted by Foppy D

Quoting WillisGreeny: It was actually quite surprising to see some people that seemed like jocks in class start wearing mario shirts.

Well how is it surprising when d*** WalMart sells like 15 different sonic or mario related shirts.

Fate I think you should get them even though Keds are lame. I wear mesh Sanuks so I can't tak to much s***. But they'd be way cooler in vans slipons. Get them anyway F these duck mothers.

And what the gay are you all talking about fashion for? Who cares...the lamest thing a person can do is take the clothes they wear and label them somehow. That's like the dumb*** white kids at my facility talking about how they dress like "a prep". That's stupid. Because I wear the *** **** $90 polos and s*** but I also wear dickies and vans and all kinds of crap.

Mostly I wear the free t-shirts I got from my old MMA gym. Because I'm a baller like that.

Posted by Fate

Keds are pretty lame, but I would take pride in shoes I chose the design for. Especially if it's something that means a lot to me, like Solid Snake! I have Vans slips but they're pink with some female art crap design on it and I totally love them.

I have clothes that I got from Wal-Mart and Target years back and stashed them in my closet until they weren't sold anymore. Now when I wear them I think it's funny that people would normally be so shallow as to say they don't wear/like Wal-Mart clothes but compliment my clothing all the time.

Posted by junior senior

fate all you do is ***** about your life, on a video game message board

stop posting pics of you because you have no self esteem and you looovveee attention.

and basically anybody who agrees with me is just backing her up because they think she's hot. just being honest

Posted by Fate

I wasn't *****ing about anything. I didn't post pictures of me except for my avatar (who is-- guess who-- actually me!). If I was looking for attention, I certainly wouldn't do it here. Your signature draws more attention to yourself than my avatar.

Christ, I hate it when ugly people ***** about nothing, trying to be some "realist" to "pretty people" but end up looking like antagonistic douches.

P.S.
Some people agree with me because they actually agree.
;)

Posted by junior senior

lmao do you not realise me and poco have the same posting appearance?
fate ur fat

lol, *** ur so dumb.

and im just randomly stating about you posting pictures because you do it ALL THE TIME and i have proof.

thanks for being trolled by js and poco

Posted by Fate

Your signature is still large. You are still retarded. Nothing has changed, regardless of who either of you are.

You randomly stated it. I haven't posted pictures of myself in a good while because I figure it doesn't need a thread to say my hairstyle has changed (psst, look at my avatar for that). It's safe to assume you just took responsibility for what was said, considering you just said "I'm just randomly stating." The fact that you felt the need to randomly state it but make it appear as if it was relevant supports the fact that you are an idiot who likes to draw attention to you. This thread is about my shoes, for ****'s sake. You post about your period every month.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Are you arguing with JS? Officially lame.

Posted by Foppy D

LAME

Posted by Tyler Durden

Lol @ ppl who argue with JS.

Fate = stupid otaku cow.

The end.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;946592][COLOR=skyblue]I understood what Ant said, but the shirts he posted first is the same thing as reinforcing steel with toilet paper. At first I thought the shirts were fanart because the colors were awful. The only place you would see those is probably at place where anime or video games are supported-- because that's exactly what it looks like. Not the worst thing ever if someone decided to wear them, but the design really is terribad.

Since you're retarded on fashion, let me explain why the original shirts are bad and the ones posted afterwards are good: COLOR COORDINATION. White tee shirt? ****ing gross. Learn it, live it, then come back and argue with me about what looks good. The shirt I picked has a great color scheme and design, so no matter how nerdy it is it can still look good.

Also, to point out another stupid thing you said... It's not a man with a gun on my shoes, it's Solid Snake, my favorite video game character. And the art is done by the man Yoji Shinkawa himself. Jesus, you are dense.[/COLOR]

>implying I don't know who Solid Snake is
>failing to see how other people will see them
>calling other people dense

This is about the point where the arguement goes in circles. Pretty sure I made my point quite clearly, enjoy looking like a basement-dwelling virgin.

Cog-tags, hahaha, fucking wow.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Tyler Durden: Lol @ ppl who argue with JS.

Fate = stupid otaku cow.

The end.

lol ty
i can't really say anything else but "lol" because this is too funny

Posted by Poco

fate. lol.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Speedfreak: >implying I don't know who Solid Snake is
>failing to see how other people will see them
>calling other people dense

This is about the point where the arguement goes in circles. Pretty sure I made my point quite clearly, enjoy looking like a basement-dwelling virgin.

Cog-tags, hahaha, fucking wow.

Thanks for only responding to the last bit of my post-- the part you read incorrectly. I didn't imply you don't know who Solid Snake is, I implied that he is more than just a man with a gun. I don't care how people who don't know who Solid Snake is look at my shoes. You suck, take it.

Posted by Slade

I'm going to avoid this thread for seven (7) days because it's a waste of time to read, and when I come back I better see pictures of your feet in those shoes! Hopefully that's enough time for them to get to you, assuming you've already ordered the lovelies.

Posted by Fate

Will do. :D

Posted by Poco

ok fate have you ever had sex with someone who you didn't meet on an internet forum. i mean your fat and all and id tap you but ****.

Posted by Poco

ok i take that back if you had actual self-esteem id **** you.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Lol

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;946660][COLOR=skyblue]Thanks for only responding to the last bit of my post-- the part you read incorrectly. I didn't imply you don't know who Solid Snake is, I implied that he is more than just a man with a gun. I don't care how people who don't know who Solid Snake is look at my shoes. You suck, take it.[/COLOR]

Right because that whole hipster thing is about looking stupid to be ironic, or something.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Haha.. you silly youngsters with your flashy clothing and your fancy shoes and your dynamic hair styles. I remember when I was your age, I was STILL calling that **** bogus and disregarding it for an actual fad. [spoiler]Fate's really a boy with mantits. Panic's doppelganger.. if you will.[/spoiler]

Posted by Foppy D

Quoting Speedfreak: Right because that whole hipster thing is about looking stupid to be ironic, or something.

Hey that's my bit.

Posted by Tyler Durden

STFU Fat-e..
Everything's a fad when you're just utilizing it to be a stupid trendy ****ing whore.

Lol @ you taking the time to use the Rep button.

Posted by Fate

I'm not fat. :cookie: Putting Solid Snake on my shoes isn't a fad, and it certainly isn't trendy. definitions what

lol @ you period

Posted by Poco

Quoting Fate: I'm not fat. :cookie: Putting Solid Snake on my shoes isn't a fad, and it certainly isn't trendy. definitions what

lol @ you period

yeah you are. but baby look at it this way: you prob have a huge *** and i love *** sex. :cookie:

Posted by junior senior

lmao

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Poco;946889]yeah you are. but baby look at it this way: you prob have a huge *** and i love *** sex. :cookie:

MOAR CUSHION FOR TEH PUSHIN!!

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Fate;946873][COLOR=skyblue]I'm not fat. :cookie: Putting Solid Snake on my shoes isn't a fad, and it certainly isn't trendy. definitions what

lol @ you period[/COLOR]
The Metal Gear universe is very trendy, webisodes from Mega64 can prove that. You're a dumb goatwhore for not getting the entire picture. Custom clothing and media prints on any article of clothing are a fad, and trendy; ie. it's something scenesters will likely feel they can identify themselves with individually other than just forking out dough at the local mall for common mass produced items. When in the big picture lots of kids will eventually climb on this bandwagon and get a deep hand in this **** and most likely make the same ugly ****ing pair of shoes as you. A doppelganger is what you'll be, but for now a sorry Otaku cow you will just has to stay..
[spoiler][COLOR=skyblue]:cookie: [/COLOR]Hi![/spoiler]
[quote=Poco;946889]yeah you are. but baby look at it this way: you prob have a huge *** and i love *** sex. :cookie:
MOAR CUSHION 4 TEH PUSHIN!!!

Posted by Borealis

Quoting Tyler Durden: The Metal Gear universe is very trendy, webisodes from Mega64 can prove that. You're a dumb goatwhore for not getting the entire picture. Custom clothing and media prints on any article of clothing are a fad, and trendy; ie. it's something scenesters will likely feel they can identify themselves with individually other than just forking out dough at the local mall for common mass produced items. When in the big picture lots of kids will eventually climb on this bandwagon and get a deep hand in this **** and most likely make the same ugly ****ing pair of shoes as you. A doppelganger is what you'll be, but for now a sorry Otaku cow you will just has to stay..

What's wrong with that?

Posted by Ant

why all the hostility?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Because it's cool and I'm on the internets!

Posted by Fate

Quoting Ant: why all the hostility?

I was wondering the same thing.

oh yeah oh yeah metal gear is a trend ive been following for ten years now wow what a whore

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;946873][COLOR=skyblue]I'm not fat. :cookie: Putting Solid Snake on my shoes isn't a fad, and it certainly isn't trendy. definitions what

lol @ you period[/COLOR]

Geek chic and hipster...ism is pretty trendy.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Fate;947003][COLOR=skyblue]
oh yeah oh yeah metal gear is a trend ive been following for ten years now wow what a whore[/COLOR]
Removing denial from the equation is usually the first step on the road to recovery.. :D

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Foppy D;946609]Well how is it surprising when d*** WalMart sells like 15 different sonic or mario related shirts.

People wearing them in public is a different matter.

Posted by Speedfreak

Just because lots of people do it doesn't make it good.

Posted by Foppy D

Quoting WillisGreeny: People wearing them in public is a different matter.

Touch