Favorite Stratagy RPG?

Posted by Curtis1967

I would have to say Final Fantasy Tactics right now, but it might change when I get Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.

Posted by Poco

Arc the Lad 2. Probably disgaea and Arc the Lad 3 as my 2nd and 3rd choices.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Well, seeings as I've really only played FFT as far as RPG strategy type games go, I'll have to vote that.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

disgaea is a really bold choice for me, as a favorite. but i liked to play final fnatasy tactics more. i guess you could say that fft was much more challenging in certain aspects of the game.

Posted by Black_Wolf

Yea, must surely Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSone. Love that game.

Posted by Klarth

Bahamut Lagoon.

Posted by boomstick

Fire Emblem for GBA, I hated the drawn out story though, it's a common mistake in Japanese RPG's.

Posted by karn

yep,the ffta on the gba is my fav, but someone stoled it so that sucks.

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Majesty: Bahamut Lagoon.

I have to agree here, Bahamut Lagoon was a great strategy RPG.

Posted by Curtis1967

I think anyone who has played FFT has played it multiple times; each time I went throught it I tried to different characters with different abilities. My most powerful group was Ramza as a Knight with two swords, exclaiber and save the queen, equiped, a summener, the two holy knights and switched between a monk with armor and mustadio with armor.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Philsdad]I have to agree here, Bahamut Lagoon was a great strategy RPG.

It's a shame it wasn't ever released in the west, but what with the bordering-on-obscene story tidbits, it's kinda justified. :/ I've actually been considering getting in on the homebrew software scene so I can stick it on my gba or my gamecube... Does anyone know if ips-patched smc roms'll still work?

Posted by William

Quoting Majesty: Does anyone know if ips-patched smc roms'll still work?

Yes, they do. Just make sure the .ips file has the EXACT same name as the .smc file, and that they are both in the same folder. It should work, because that's how I play most of my translated roms.

By the way, Bahamut Lagoon rules.

Anyhow, my favorite strategy-RPG happens to be something called Front Mission. It was never released out of Japan, but I have played it as a translated ROM and it's 100x better than FFT in my opinion. I absolutely love it.

Posted by dragonvam67

if it is a online rpg, i would defintley have to say [url]www.runescape.com[/url]. if a video game system, i would say phantsy star online!

Quoting William:
Anyhow, my favorite strategy-RPG happens to be something called Front Mission. It was never released out of Japan, but I have played it as a translated ROM and it's 100x better than FFT in my opinion. I absolutely love it.

It wasn't ever released over here? That's strange, because I'm not sure about the second, but I know I've seen the third out, and I own the fourth. Why wouldn't they release it over here, do you know?

Posted by William

Nope, it wasn't ever released over here. Front Mission 2 wasn't either, but there's another game too...that came out between FMI and FM2, called FM: Gunhazard. Front Mission Online, as well as Front Mission 5 is in the works though.

I'm not sure why they didn't release it here, maybe it was because they chose to release a different game instead and put their money into that, or possibly because they didn't have the funds to release it here...or maybe they thought it wouldn't do so well over here (which I don't think is the case since it did so well in Japan).

Also, if you're interested in the game...here's a little information, containing the storyline rundown and information about playing the game itself:

http://users3.ev1.net/~nate555/frontmission/front/fm1info.htm

Posted by Sean Fury

Final Fantasy Tactics, being as, it's the only real strategy RPG I've ever played =/

Quoting William: Nope, it wasn't ever released over here. Front Mission 2 wasn't either, but there's another game too...that came out between FMI and FM2, called FM: Gunhazard. Front Mission Online, as well as Front Mission 5 is in the works though.

I'm not sure why they didn't release it here, maybe it was because they chose to release a different game instead and put their money into that, or possibly because they didn't have the funds to release it here...or maybe they thought it wouldn't do so well over here (which I don't think is the case since it did so well in Japan).

Also, if you're interested in the game...here's a little information, containing the storyline rundown and information about playing the game itself:

http://users3.ev1.net/~nate555/frontmission/front/fm1info.htm

Thanks, William. It seems pretty interesting. Something I"ll have to look into someday.

Anyways, add Disgaea to my list. I'm really loving the battle sequences.

Posted by FavoJavo

I would say Kights of the old republic, I became evil!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by FavoJavo

Quoting FavoJavo: I would sy Kights of the old republic, I became evil!!!!!!!!!!

gdftprh
'[weijt

Posted by crimsoncinder

Tactics.