Street Fighter IV Unlockable Characters

Posted by Near

I need someone to tell me how to unlock Seth, Akuma, and Gouken.

I have read in a Prima Official Strategy Guide, and it says to unlock Seth, beat arcade mode with all 16 original characters. Well, I did that, no Seth. I have also beaten arcade mode with the 6 other unlockable characters I have, still nothing. In order to get Akuma, I have to beat arcade mode with Seth, but no Seth to do that with. To get Gouken I have to beat arcade mode with Akuma, but no Akuma to do that with.

I have also read online that to get Seth you have to beat arcade mode with everyone, including Akuma and Gouken. It also goes to say that to get Akuma I have to have two perfect matches and not lose. Did that, no Akuma. So bottom line is I can't find out how to unlock these last 3 characters.

Does anyone know? Maybe the changing of a characters color when I beat arcade made screwed it up, I don't know.

Posted by Ant

Wow, those guides are absolute trash.

To get Seth it is true that you have to beat it with ALL characters. As for Akuma, you have to go through arcade mode without losing and in the process get 1 perfect and 1 ultra finish(I think that's right) and after Seth he'll appear for you to fight and if you beat him then you'll unlock him. Do the same for Gouken but instead you have to do it with 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishes. I highly suggest you change the match settings to just 1 round to win against the character and the timer to 30 seconds. It's pretty easy that way.

Hope that helps.

Posted by Ant

Wow, those guides are absolute trash.

To get Seth it is true that you have to beat it with ALL characters. As for Akuma, you have to go through arcade mode without losing and in the process get 1 perfect and 1 ultra finish(I think that's right) and after Seth he'll appear for you to fight and if you beat him then you'll unlock him. Do the same for Gouken but instead you have to do it with 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishes. I highly suggest you change the match settings to just 1 round to win against the character and the timer to 30 seconds. It's pretty easy that way.

Hope that helps.

Posted by Near

Thanks. Before I read your reply I had already unlocked Akuma. It was going through without losing and 1 perfect match, but I do not recall getting an Ultra Combo finish that time through. I could be wrong though, I just don't remember, and I am guessing it does have to be your second time through with any given character.

I'll see if I can't unlock Gouken now. I hope I do it soon because I am tired of playing it on the easiest setting.

Oh, and yeah, I am gonna see if there is a way to contact Prima to report how ****e their guide was in the unlockable characters section. It was abviously no where close to being accurate.

Posted by Near

I finally got Gouken unlocked. I had done 2 perfect matches and 3 ultra finishes several times and I kept fighting Akuma at the end. Finally I decided to go overboard and do 3 perfect matches and 4 ultra finishes. Thats when Gouken showed up for a fight.

I believe one has to have 3 perfect finishes in order to fight Gouken, along with at least 3 ultra finishes, but not sure since I preformed 4 when Gouken showed up.