Non-Fitting Anime Themes

Posted by EnTiTyHaCkEr

Ive noticed that quite a few animes have very, what I like to call, Non-Fitting opening and closing music themes.

Take the opening song to Ruroni Kenshin for example, the song is called "Freckles", and the anime is about a samurai that is trying to repent for what hes done. Totally not what it needed.

Anyways, There have to be a few other animes that have the same type of thing going on with them. Anyone know any?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Personally I think the dubbed song for RK is crap. And you really have to think deeper as to what the song may stand for. think of it as a metaphor. What might the freckles resemble possably? Perhaps they are memories of his past or they represent a drop of blood for each man he slayed. It cna be interpreted from mamc stand points.

Posted by Y4kMISFIT

BERSERK opening theme, it completely blew me away. It has the complete opposite feeling of the series, but I still love it.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

The begining of RK as a upbeat song i have to agree but it also does revove around renshin.

I brushed against those freckles that I hated so,
Life goes on and I heave a little sigh for you.
It's heavy, the love that I would share for you,
But it dissolves like it was just a sugarcube.
Now the little pain sitting in my heart
Has shrunk in a bit, but it really does hurt me now.
Those silly horoscopes, I
Guess I can't trust them after all.

If we could get further away,
I wonder what it would be like... ?
Yay!
I'd be so happy
Inside my heart.

All the memories I have are beautiful in my mind,
But they don't feed the hunger deep inside my soul.
And tonight I thought,
I'd be just sitting in my sorrow.
And now I must wonder wonder why.
What did it really mean to you?
I just can't see it anymore!
I just can't see it anymore......

its just a metiphor. that he's done wrong in the past and now it's eating him up inside. The future is not determined. and follow what is inside your heart and don't listen to what anyone elses ramble

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Mystic Hero: What might the freckles resemble possably? Perhaps they are memories of his past or they represent a drop of blood for each man he slayed. It cna be interpreted from mamc stand points.

That's how I'd always interpreted the opening theme, due to Kenshins very violent past.

Posted by Sable Wind

Quoting .Entity//:
Take the opening song to Ruroni Kenshin for example, the song is called "Freckles", and the anime is about a samurai that is trying to repent for what hes done. Totally not what it needed.

Nice job not looking into the lyrics.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

DragonBall GT (American) and One Piece (American). Damn Funmation to Hell for ruining things like that. If they make rap the theme song for Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki, I'm going to have my ninja assassins "talk" some sense into them.

Posted by Big Boss

I'm scared of what evil Fox Box robot said in the last panel...

The most unfitting song to an anime I've heard (excluding horrible American dubs), is the Spanish version of Saint Seiya's opening theme. While the Mexican voice acting was awesome, the opening theme had no connection with the original theme, and the guy signing it had a heavy EuroSpanish accent. When I went to Jacon '05 a couple of weeks ago I met a Puerto Rican manga artist, and she cringed when I started signing that tune to her (she had also seen the show in Spanish when little). It made her day for the wrong reasons.

Posted by Sable Wind

Quoting Big Boss]

Oh jeez

Posted by Dragon Ryder

I saw that a few weeks ago and i laughed becuase its so true. Now that i think about it it is kind of sad and i hope that naruto doesn't come to the same fate.