New metroid game coming out, called "metroid: other M"

Posted by final kaoss

you can see the official video of it in the link. Discuss.

http://e3.nintendo.com/wii/w5/index.html

Posted by WillisGreeny

Looks different, which makes me happy.

Posted by Metamyth

Yeah, it's a good change of pace from the regular adventure style Metroid series. Plus, we figure out some of Samus's history to boot. (Plus, an apparent appearance by one of the characters from the Japanese Mangas. That black guy? Yeah, he was in the Manga.)

Posted by Tyler Durden

So, a Metroid game loosely based from the NG-ine..?
Looks sexy and simply action...
Different direction from Prime could mean hawt4Samus..

I'll buy that for a dollar.

Posted by WillisGreeny

They better not overflow the game with cinematics though. One element I always liked about Metroid is the feeling of traveling around in a deserted planet hours on end. Cinematics might hurt that experience if it requires jumping back to some spaceship HQ.

~and thank you, for not smoking.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, the Metroid universe is and has always been impressive enough without the help of cinematics.

your clothes... give them to me, now.

Posted by Sk2k52

YS: If you think about this one as being maybe similar to Metroid Fusion, then I think you'll have an idea of how the story will play out. It's still linear in the sense that there's a progression, but there are side areas that players can go into.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=1&cId=3174587&p=44

It's also going to be mainly 3d it seems too =/ I was hoping at worst 2.5 or just 3d during certain scenes. At least it not going to be all played from first person so i still have hopes for it. Looks like it going to be more actiony than the previous games too from the interview.

It did look like it'll have some 2.5 elements though, i hope they dont underplay it.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, i'm extremely hopeful and looking forward to this regardless, i miss muh non-prime metroid Dx

Posted by final kaoss

Yeah.. I think I'll wait about a month or two after it's release to get some opinions about it before I snag it.

Posted by Stalolin

if it plays anything like a fusion between metroid and ninja gaiden it'll be game of the year easy

Posted by Speedfreak

IF THERE'S ANYTHING DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS GAME COMPARED TO PREVIOUS METROID GAMES DEVELOPED BY ENTIRELY DIFFERENT STUDIOS, BY GOLLY I WILL COMPLAIN TO THE AUTHORITIES ON THE INTERNET.

Posted by WillisGreeny

IF I THINK METAL GEAR SUCKS THEN I'LL BE ****ED TO JUST SIT HERE AND LEAVE THE INTERNET POPULATION TO THINKING OTHERWISE.

**POSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOST**

CONVINCED IT SUCKS YET? NO?

**POSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOST**

Being a humble gamer that admits of having flawed judgement at times, I still like to discuss it.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Don't feel bad. Metal Gear Solid does indeed suck.

By contrast, Metroid Other M should rocksor the socksors right off.