shoulld i play WoW?

Posted by beefman42

hah im not sure if i wanna start playin world of warcraft.. is it worth it
and if so y?

Posted by Turtle Toupee

get the 10 day trial or whatever, play the hell out of it and find out if you like it and if you do by all means pay for it and play the hell out of it

Posted by Lord of Spam

That advice is actually kinda of bad. The ten day trial wont let you see anything other than th frist few starting zones at best; these are not the parts of hte game that attract most people. Most people play for eityher end game pvp or end game raiding. I personally do a bit of both (google the wow armory and search for a tauren druid on the scilla server named Mookakke if you weant to see my character) but lean a tad more towards pve.*

If you really want to know what the gameis like, go to youtube and do searches for how to videos on ulduar boss fights. then do more searches for arena fights andbattlegrounds if you want to see hat pvp is like.

Judging wow by the trial is like judging a motorcycle by riding a bicycle. Doesnt really live up.

Posted by Turtle Toupee

i didnt think of that, los, you have a point

considering how long it takes to get to end-game pvp, though, maybe the 10 day trial thing is the best way to go to get to know the game. you have to do a lot of questing to get that far up. a player should be able to decide if he/she is willing to put in that much time and effort to play the game. i know when i played the 10 day trial that it was all i needed to decide i didnt want to play it because i didnt like all the running around and questing. i need a little more instant gratification

Posted by Speedfreak

No. It's the rudest game I've ever played. It has absolutely zero respect for the fact that your time on this Earth is finite.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Turtle Toupee: i didnt think of that, los, you have a point

considering how long it takes to get to end-game pvp, though, maybe the 10 day trial thing is the best way to go to get to know the game. you have to do a lot of questing to get that far up. a player should be able to decide if he/she is willing to put in that much time and effort to play the game. i know when i played the 10 day trial that it was all i needed to decide i didnt want to play it because i didnt like all the running around and questing. i need a little more instant gratification

"questing" at 80 is pretty much nonexistant.i get the need for instant gratification, but end game is pretty **** fun.

Also, in patch 3.2, they are going to allow experience to be gained from battlegrounds, meaning that you can level by doing nothing but pvp. Not sure if that makes or breaks anything for anyone, but just something to think about.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Lord of Spam:
Also, in patch 3.2, they are going to allow experience to be gained from battlegrounds, meaning that you can level by doing nothing but pvp. Not sure if that makes or breaks anything for anyone, but just something to think about.

lmao @ all the twinks. WoW pvp is terrible compared to WAR.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Poco is the smartest man alive for the previous statement.

Posted by Poco

seriously, when they announced battleground exp gain, was there a collective wail of horror on the WoW forums.

Posted by Stalolin

they both suck

mmos suck

let's play some halo

game fuel 420smokeweed

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Poco;944971]lmao @ all the twinks. WoW pvp is terrible compared to WAR.

>implying MMO PVP isn't equally shit.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Stalolin: they both suck

mmos suck

let's play some halo

game fuel 420smokeweed

[url=http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwolf&n=Stalolin]wat[/url]

Posted by Turtle Toupee

Quoting Lord of Spam: "questing" at 80 is pretty much nonexistant.i get the need for instant gratification, but end game is pretty **** fun.

i never said that question at 80 did exist isaid that to get to that point takes a lot of quests and instances

Posted by Poco

Quoting Speedfreak: >implying MMO PVP isn't equally shit.

pre-renaissance ultima online would like a word with you.

also WAR is probably the best bet for pvp in an mmo atm. WoW is terrible rock-paper-scissors garbage.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Turtle Toupee: i never said that question at 80 did exist isaid that to get to that point takes a lot of quests and instances

actually a pretty easy way to leapfrog that fairly well. start your main account, then start a dumy account with the free ten day trial, then use your main account to recruit the trial with the recruit a friend program. the, get a keysplit program and set up to play both accounts at once. you get like 300% experiance while questing with your friend, and since you are your own friend you alwaqys get it. took a friend of mine about 20 hours played to get to 60 using my account to pwerlevel himself.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Poco;945113]pre-renaissance ultima online would like a word with you.

also WAR is probably the best bet for pvp in an mmo atm. WoW is terrible rock-paper-scissors garbage.

Okay so:

WoW PVP < WAR PVP <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Street Fighter / Halo / Team Fortress 2 / pretty much any proper video game ever

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Lord of Spam;945082][URL="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwolf&n=Stalolin"]wat[/URL]

account has been canceled for two or so months

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: Okay so:

WoW PVP < WAR PVP <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Street Fighter / Halo / Team Fortress 2 / pretty much any proper video game ever

ONLY THE GAMES I LIKE ARE GOOD, YOUR GAMES SUCK IM RIGHT YOUR WROG HAHAHA NOOB.

your move.

Quoting Stalolin: account has been canceled for two or so months

couldnt handle the uduar raids, eh? its ok little baby, go change your diaper and reactivate.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Speedfreak: Okay so:

you're comparing apples and oranges jesus christ.

because mmos, 2d fighters, and contard FPSes are all the same thing. it would be a fair comparison if they, you know, were the same game type. also i don't own any consoles. lol.

Posted by archesjames

Hi !! Friend,
That decision completely based upon u, What type of game r u like?there r many games that provide diff. types of Experience out of it, I like first person Strategic game.I played WoW some times ago, and francally speaking i like the Games, it is ok.i guess.

Posted by onseroll

try runescape if you like that then you would like WoW

Posted by Astanax

My wife was addicted to WoW. Then she got tired of all the higher levels running old quests that were new to her to kill the quest bosses before she could complete the quest. She would then have to redo the quest. Guild Wars it was just her and NPCs in her group doing quests without any outside pressure of other online players killing off the things she needed for quests unlike WoW. Plus it was free online play. Don't know how Guild Wars 2 will handle the online play since the same people who created Guild Wars created Aion and they're charging playtime for that game. Aion was mostly created for the PvP players than PvE.