Scribblenauts!

Posted by coromoro

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this yet... actually, not really, but a thread should be made for what seems to be an incredibly innovative game. IGN named Scribblenauts "Game of Show" for this year's E3.

Basically, if you haven't heard about it yet, it's a side-scrolling puzzle/platform-ish game where you control this little guy, Maxwell, and you have to collect stars in each level. You guide him by tapping the touchscreen. Yeah, no big deal so far. The thing is, Maxwell is faced with challenging situations in which he alone cannot obtain these little stars, so what can you do?! You summon anything into the game to help you. You simply bring up a menu, and you type in (or scribble in) anything that you want to bring into the game. This includes animals, weapons, tools, vehicles, and even famous people. For example, in a level where a star is lodged high up in a tree, you may choose to burn it down with a torch, use a ladder, use a jet-pack, or ride a bird to obtain this star. It's pretty freakin' cool, and naturally, the possibilities to beat a single level are literally endless.

Check out some videos [url=http://media.ds.ign.com/media/143/14304256/vids_1.html]here[/url].

According to Wikipedia, this game is coming out on September 15. I'm excited. :cool2:

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting coromoro: According to Wikipedia, this game is coming out on September 15. I'm excited. :cool2:

:eek: When did wikipedia become da main authoritative news source for video games!!! :eek: *cough* IGN, GameSpot, Nintendo.com, world-of-nintendo.com... :D:D:D *cough*

Posted by coromoro

Unfortunately, Nintendo.com doesn't even have the game on their game list; IGN said Q4 2009, which wasn't specific enough; and so I simply went with Wikipedia's date, which sounded pretty good to me. Now that you mention it though, GameSpot also says September 15. Sweet. :o

Posted by final kaoss

lol wikipedia has been giving launch dates for games nearly since the day it opened. :D:D

Quoting Jesse ScumBell: :eek: When did wikipedia become da main authoritative news source for video games!!! :eek: *cough* IGN, GameSpot, Nintendo.com, [URL="http://vgchat.info"]vgchat.info[/URL]... :D:D:D *cough*

Posted by coromoro

Your posts have been giving me a headache ever since you started posting. :mad: (Due to the way you quote.)

Posted by final kaoss

Alot of people either miss that part about me doing that in my posts or just straight out ignore it, try it sometime :D:D:D

Quoting coromoro: Your posts have been giving me a headache ever since you started posting. :mad: (Due to the way you quote.)

Posted by Stalolin

this game will be amazing

youtube search "*** vs. kraken"

you will be amazed

Posted by coromoro

Wow, go[b]d just kicked kraken's ass. I can't ****ing wait for this.[/b]

Posted by Poco

ok can i put jc denton v a futa.

Posted by junior senior

yes