When did you buy your nintendo

Posted by neofreak91

1st nes in octuber 1989
last nes Top-loader last summer 2004
Still love playing nintendo :bangbang:

Posted by Dexter

My sisters originally got the system around the time it initiated. I don't recall the exact date but I remember not really caring for games during that time. I was far too busy with my outdoor adventures to sit inside near to fireplace playing Mario. I got a Top Loader the Christmas it came out and that's when it started to become a passion of mine.

Posted by Mixhael

In either '89 or '90. My dad's confusion with setting up all the wires was priceless.

Posted by Landon

Saw a NES Deluxe setup at a Target Store with R.O.B the Robot sometime in the Mid 80's when NES was pretty new. I was a little kid.
Christmas 1989 I got my own from Grandma as a Christmas Gift.
Sold it to a cousin a couple years later when football and baseball card collecting were my main concerns.

Over the years, I picked up random NES carts at garage sales with the idea that one day, I would have time to get another one and actually play it.

A year or so ago, as a full fledged "grown up" I went to a junk shop and found a used NES unit for $10.00 w/ 3 games, controllers, zapper, etc. Bought it, and let it sit until quite recently when I plugged it in and went to playing.... It was like a floodgate of nostalgia.

In the past few months, i've aquired a couple hundred games- mainly buying box lots of games from randoms on the internet who aren't as "Nes Oriented" as the people on a video game board- have made a number of ebay purchases, and got a few B+ and A rarities at EBGames.

Short of the NWC cartridge, prototypes and a few of the unlicensed rarities, the goal is to own them all in a few years time. With ebay at ones disposal and a full time paycheck, this isn't too hard a task.

Posted by inequity

about a year ago I found one at a garage sale for $1.00 along with a super nintendo for free.

Posted by bazariah

i got my first around 1989

got my second in 1990 (ninja turtles bundle)

Posted by Megatron

I got mine Christmas of 1988. Great times. I really need to buy a top loading one so I can play my NES games again.

Posted by Illyria110

hmm...1986 or 87, it's on the verge of dying so i think im gonna get a new one :(

Posted by Tyler Durden

Back in 86' when Duck Hunt became a staple alongside Super Mario Bros. Then again in 91', when I bought a secondary unit to replace the now defunct original. Then a third time around when my uncle decided to part with his collections, aswell as my grandfather, all in 99'.

[Quote=Dexter] "outdoor adventures"..
*oscar* Stay the hell out of my woods, Dex. NC is not a 'game'!

Posted by Spinal

I got my first nes the day it got released here in Sweden, after that i was hooked with nintendo for life (i already had lots of GW) so i already loved them, but nes made me even more complete.

Posted by DeViaNt

I still have my original Nintendo with a few games. Who knows if it still works, its in a shoebox in a dresser drawer. Ive had it since 86 or 87. Although i was born in 85... i think it was my dad's that got passed to me as a baby. I been a game addict ever since haha.

Posted by mastachief

i've had it since 89 cuase i kinda wasnt alive before that....my uncle gave it to me when i was a few years old

Posted by deftdelivery

Spring '91.

Twas 4.

Posted by Crazy K

Im not really sure. My parents had one when I was a kid (was my sisters) and well I could say we got one in 1993 or something and then in 1999 we got another one from somewhere, but they both barely work, I hate when it comes up as a full screen of colors (Blue, Green, Yellow, orange, etc.) But I hope one of these days I see one at a garage sale that works fine. (so far I have 2 NES's.)

Posted by Roth

I think the NES I have currently I got at a rummage sale a couple of summers ago. It came in a box with a bunch of games and a Game Genie w/ book. The whole box was $5.00, so I was all about it! The Game Genie book was missing the SMB 3 pages, so that kind of sucked. But I ended up (somehow) losing that book, and just recently found another one with all the pages. :)

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Last friday. I was lucky enough to get one cheap on Ebay.[/COLOR] :-D

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Hmmm...I dont remember. All I know is that the NES gave me years of enjoyment and to this day I have a huge NES collection...and a HUGE video game collection.

Posted by VirtualLife

well It

Posted by EnTiTyHaCkEr

Well, it all started with my origional one that my father bought for me at a pawn shop when I was 7, Yes Yes those were the days back in '96. Then I went on and bought another one at a yard sale in '97 for 10 dollars, the only reason why I bought another one was because my sister was always begging me to play and because it came with about 30 games, and 4 extra paddles. Both of them still work fine but now reside in my closet, until I feel like playing something like duck hunt or mario.

That is the storys behind the only 2 "Currently" working NES consoles that I own, technically I own 7 of them, if you count parts from ones that were given to me and I tore apart.

Yes.... I massacred them in a hopeless attempt at creating a "Custom" NES game system, that big grey box took up WAY too much room on my shelf and I felt like getting creative.

Posted by Prince Redon

I just bought a Nintendo in almost perfect condition with two controllers, a gun, and a game for only 30 bucks...Yeah, I win.

Posted by EggplantWizzard

Got mine in '85, I was like four at the time. It worked good until the mid-90's. It was time to upgrade anyway. I still have the broken NES, don't know why. There's another one in our house, which I hear works good and about 20-some games for it. Maybe one day I'll dust that fukker off. Bring back memories

Posted by CS Ryan

My dad gave me his NES, along with his Sega Master System and his Atari.

Posted by gamer_net

I had my first one at around 86 or 87.

Posted by NES Queen

3rd grade

It was the gift at xmas that proved to me there was no santa clause. Found it sitting under the tree about a week before Santa was due (I used to unwrap my presents when the folks werent home, then rewrap them back up). When the tag said "Love Santa" and my mom tried to play it off that he came to our house early, I finally learned the truth. :(

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

lol:(

I think I was three or four, although I may have been a bit older because I still had an Intellivision to play with. Anyways, I, too, got mine for christmas, one of the best presents I've ever gotten. :cool:

Posted by Angerion the Brave

I used to rent them all the time until we bought a SNES. But I came across one at Microplay back in 02' that had 2 controllers, AV cable, the console and 3 games for $30 so I couldn't pass that up.

I also had a lot of luck in finding games for it too. Including Ninja AME Gaiden II, Contra, Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior to name a few.