I RECCOMEND AN INCREASE IN MAX AVATAR SIZE

Posted by sniper

To at least 45k. This has nothing to do with the fact that the avatar I want to use is slightly over the current limit.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, there's this avatar that I've been wanting to use for a while now but it's over the limit.

Posted by Iris

Yeesh. You have that much of a problem converting it to a different format? I'm sure it'd work fine as a GIF or JPG.

Posted by sniper

Animated ;o

I can settle for this one now.

Posted by mis0

Don't increase the pixel size limit, though. Anthing much bigger than 150 pixels is too obnoxious.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I agree with Misoxeny. The if we upped the size, then I could save my quality for my avatars at about 9-10, instead of 6, which frankly looks terrible.

Posted by goku262003

200x150 is a reasonable size and up the max file size too.

Posted by Hyper

Don't think so, I don't want to do anything that might effect the server while its still on Jesse's. Doing this could increase the load.

Posted by loony636

I think that its a good idea. Big avatars are nice.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting loony636: I think that its a good idea. Big avatars are nice.

No, they aren't. They're annoying and kill it for 56k-ers.

Quoting Hyper: Don't think so, I don't want to do anything that might effect the server while its still on Jesse's. Doing this could increase the load.

I'll will assure you that this will happen, but if you talked to Jesse first, perhaps he would allow it. But I do that that it would kill 56kers, sadly.

Posted by Last Fog

Is it really gonna make that much of a difference? What about users with obnoxiously large sigs? Doesn't that kill people with low bandwidth?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Last Fog: Is it really gonna make that much of a difference? What about users with obnoxiously large sigs? Doesn't that kill people with low bandwidth?

Yeah, but thats a lot harder to regulate.

Quoting Hyper: Yeah, but thats a lot harder to regulate.

Because it isnt on our bandwith, it is more OK.

Posted by Arczu

This limit, for the most part, is fine. It is hard, however to save an image to optimum, while keeping it small in the right format if you don't have access to a decent imaging program. I've never had a problem of saving anything under 30KB though, and I used Irfanview to do it.

Posted by Klarth

a 45kb limit for avatars linked from elsewhere would work wonders, and the 34kb limit for uploaded avatars should stay enforced.

150x200 wouldn't be a bad avatar size limit.