Terminator: Salvation

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Worst movie I've seen in a long, long time. Just awful. It's like they diarrhea-d a ton of money into the special effects and forgot that there was a movie involved, too. They beat you over the head with the concept of irony, it has too many plot holes, and it just sucked sucked sucked. Spare yourself the 9 bucks.

SPOILER:

You will go home ****ed off.

Posted by Panic!

Terminator is homo anyway. What did you expect?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Panic;943288]Terminator is homo anyway. What did you expect?

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

did you even see the first two

seriously

they were terrific action movies

and i guess it was alright

they should stop casting bale for everything though

i mean, he can play a decent batman, but i dunno if he was the right choice for connor

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Panic;943288]Terminator is homo anyway. What did you expect?you're a ****ing disgrace. this is almost as bad as you saying big lebowski was 'like dude wheres my car, but not as funny'

you should honestly be ashamed

Posted by Dexter

Edward Furlong would've been a good choice.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Wow, I've seen Panic say a lot of stupid ****... but, wow.

Anyway, yeah. I've been hearing it sucks. Which is a shame since I wanted to like it, too.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=BLUNTMASTER X;943302]you're a ****ing disgrace. this is almost as bad as you saying big lebowski was 'like dude wheres my car, but not as funny'

are you serious

did he say that

seriously

he is so banned

Posted by Dexter

I'm still having trouble trying to pick out aspects of the film that I did like. Even Danny's music didn't stand out to me all that much. I was looking forward to enjoying that, too!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Stalolin;943311]are you serious

did he say that

seriously

he is so bannedcheck the 'recently watched movies' thread

Posted by Crazy K

Watched a bit of The Terminator earlier today, might re-watch it since it was near the end when I caught it.

Panic, it's best you leave now boy!

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=BLUNTMASTER X;943315]check the 'recently watched movies' thread

b&

vgc is dead

i can do this

Posted by Speedfreak

Read the plot, seems alright. The director is going to take this trilogy in a retarded direction though. It honestly sounds like Back To The Future with robots.

When I said The Sarah Connor Chronicles would be better than the new trilogy I was just being cynical and facetious. It's quite a shame I'm probably right. It's even more of a shame that SCC was dropped.

Posted by Dexter

Mcg or whatever is the new Bole?

Posted by Speedfreak

What does that sentence even mean.

Posted by Crazy K

McG would be the name of the director for Terminator Salvation.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah him. He's a dick.

Posted by Dexter

I was well-worried as soon as I knew he was making this film. There are so many better choices. I think I might even go with Paul W.S. Anderson over Mcg. Maybe...

Posted by S

I liked the movie, honestly. I'll admit they obscured some of the complexities with a simple, too basic, theme. But the rest was pretty ****ed good.

And Panic, shut the **** up.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

My critique, copied from my facebook rant:

When I posted my disgust about the recent Terminator blasphemy, Terminator: Salvation (hereafter T4), I was dismayed at the number of discordant responses that I received. Apparently, there is a gross misconception going around that this movie is anything less than a steaming pile of night-after-enchilada crap. Once again, it seems that I am right, and many other people are wrong. But fear not, for I will illustrate my perpetual omniscience in this note.

First, let me just say that I was really stoked about this movie. I've been on a post-apocalyptic/dystopian kick the past year, having played Fallout 3 (excellent game) alot, which I bought in December but JUST NOW had the time to play. I'm a big fan of the Mad Max series (come on MM4!). I thought the Postman was pretty good (if this dissuades you from reading the rest of this review, I understand), Water World was cool (same here), and recently watched A Boy and His Dog and thought it was great, save the last scene. I just get into this stuff. Heck, look at my favorite books. I dig this stuff.

Having said that, I went into T4 with light expectations. I didn't expect much, as "McG" was directing it, and he'd done. . . what, some Charlie's Angels movies and We Are Marshal? It wasn't James Cameron, but hell, this idiot couldn't possibly screw this up, right? Wrong. I came in ready to have a no-brainer good time. No thinking. Just explosions, gore, fighting, and more explosions. Hell yes. (I did not know it was rated PG-13 until I arrived. I do not watch TV. I was caught off guard)

Kyle Reese: As we all know, or at least find out relatively quickly into the movie, Kyle Reese is John Conner's father. He's the dude who comes back in the original Terminator to prevent Ahnuld from killing Sarah Conner. We know that he's from the future, and goes back into the past, to do this. He then, in the one scene where you get to see some boob, impregnates Sarah Conner with John Conner, the future savior of the human race. Cool.

Now that you have the back story, let me point out Kyle Reese's role in the movie. Wuss. Kyle Reese is a huge wuss in the movie. I won't beat that drum. It ****ed me off, but it isn't worth discussing further. Nor is it worth talking about how this movie could have been timed better, because it was released so soon after Star Trek and the whole time I'm thinking "holy crap Pavel Chekov, from Star Trek, is John Conner's father? (same actor)" ANYWAYS. Kyle Reese is some scrawny wussbag hiding with a mute kid with big hair in the ruins of Los Angeles. Okay, I can dig it. You're trying to mimick that whole Aliens thing, what with the reoccurring, awkward little kid with big eyes who doesn't talk... thing. Kind of trite, but fine, whatever.
Here's where I started getting ****ed.

Early in the movie, John Conner is listening to his mother's audio tapes about his father being Kyle Reese, saving the world, blah blah etc. Soon thereafter, some. . . officer tells John Conner that they've received a transmission from the machines, giving out a hit list of sorts, telling who the machines were targeting and in what order. John Conner is #2. #1 is "some guy named. . . Kyle Reese." Of course, John Conner is like "omg wtf" and I'm going "HOW THE HELL DO THE MACHINES KNOW THAT?!" Kyle Reese was sent back into the past by the resistance. He was sent back IN RESPONSE TO the machines sending a terminator (ahnuld) to kill Sara Conner, John Conner's mother. (REMEMBER THIS AS IT IS A HUGE PLOT HOLE) So my question is... how did the machines find out who John Conner's father was? The guy DIED in the first movie. His name wasn't on the freakin BIRTH certificate. Sara Conner was sent to an asylum, while Kyle Reese was arrested, escaped, and then died blowing up the Terminator. But I can look past this blunder. Maybe Sara told someone. Maybe the machines found out. Whatever. I can play ball. John knows that he has to find Kyle Reese and keep him alive, as they'll have to send Reese back in time to prevent the killing of John's mother AND so that his mother can conceive him (John). John makes it clear to the audience that if Kyle Reese dies, the world is essentially f*cked. Re-read that and make sure you follow my thought-processes here.

What I can't ignore is the one, massive, bleeding, gaping plot hole that follows.

The Machines capture Kyle Reese and use him as bait to get John Conner.

Re-read that. Consider the implications. THINK about it.

Now you have to understand why this movie is a load of ****.

The Terminators capture the FATHER of JOHN CONNER. They know he's the father. Why do you ask? Why else would they have, on TOP of their freakin hit list, some random wussy kid living with a big-haired mute kid in Los Angeles if they didn't know? Why else would they be actively searching for him? Why else would they pull him out of the slave pens? Why else would the machines' HUD display say "TARGET: KYLE REESE" and take him alive? Why else would they KNOW to use him as bait for John Conner? It's because they know that he's John Conner's father. So, as I said, they capture JOHN CONNER'S FATHER, AND USE HIM AS BAIT TO CATCH JOHN CONNER. You have got to be ****ting me. I've swallowed bigger loads of crap in movie plots for the sake of enjoying the movie, but this was a kick to the balls. The machines have Kyle Reese in captivity. If they kill him, Sara Conner would probably have been killed AND would never have been impregnated, and thus. . . John Conner would never have been born. WHY DID THEY NOT JUST KILL HIM? Why did the machines use him as BAIT to catch a guy that they could have rid themselves of just by SHOOTING Kyle Reese? Are you FREAKING serious? Didn't the dip**** writers CONSIDER this? Didn't they realize that there is a whole F*cking MOVIE where the machines tried to prevent the birth of John Conner? They could have solved it right there! I refuse to believe that sentient machines, capable of discovering time travel and cyborg creation, are too f*cking STUPID to realize that rather than wait for John Conner to show up and potentially f*ck everything up coming after his dad, they could just KILL his dad and prevent John Conner's birth and 90% of the organizational foundation of the resistance. Tell me I'm not the only person who saw this. There is NO justification for this kind of dip****tery. I'm sorry. I should be an action writer. Apparently plot holes are not discernible if the audience is blinded by special effects and catchy, nostalgic one-liners.

Which brings me to my second point. You had Kyle Reese say "Come with me if you want to live." Oh, lololoroflmaochucklefart, that's what he said in Terminator and in T2. HAR FREAKING HAR. I get it, it's cute and nostalgic. Or ironic. Or it's just lame. OH HE SAID "I'LL BE BACK!" HAHAHAHAHAH *GASP* HAHAHAHAH *GASPH* AAHAHAH. HILARIOUS. Why don't you just beat me over the head with it, *******s.

Christian Bale did a terrible job in this movie. This is John Conner. He's the leader of the resistance, has lived through the apocalypse, and is THE most charismatic, army-leading mofo in the world. What is he in this movie? A robot. Now THAT is irony- making the leader of the humans a robot. He's boring. He's mechanical. His facial expressions never change. I understand that you have to make him "hard" because he's a badass, but come on. His whole platoon got killed! His friends and family are dead! His life sucks! He was a problem child growing up, he's gotta have some mental issues. Give him some personality! Please! Something save this movie!

Additionally, what's with the machines beating people up? Arnold throws John Conner around, kicking his *** for awhile like a cat teasing a mouse. WHY? Did Arnold do that **** in the first movie? Hell no! "Are you Sara Conner?" "Yes." "BWAM!" dusted off his hands and went to go ruin some other woman's ****. He didn't waste time beating people up. He grabbed the nearest gun and shot you. He broke your neck or hand/arm/wrist/shoulder until you gave him what he wanted. There wasn't any "choking you against the wall." Crap. He'd break your neck. He was a machine. He was a terminator. He didn't play games. He had **** to do! But in this movie, machines spend so much time fighting, there isn't enough time left in the DAY to kill people. That was part of the intrigue in the first two movies. You were fighting machines. To quote him from the first movie:" Listen! And understand! That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with! It can't be reasoned with! It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" The machines are professional wrestlers in this new movie. Even seeing a CG Arnold, with 1970's hair, couldn't revive this dead horse.

After awhile, the special effects got old. I couldn't overlook the boring characters, lack of gore, boring explosions, or the fact that the entire movie revolves around one big plot hole. Like it's circling the drain in the toilet of Hollywood. Terminator 3 sucked. Terminator 4 sucked too. Maybe they'll do like they did with the batman franchise and just call "mulligan" and start all over again. *** I'm bored.

Further random questions:
Why did the terminators have clothes?
Why does the Terminator factory have like THREE machines in and around it? And ONE inside?
Why no mention of the liquid T-1000? THATS KIND OF A BIG DEAL.
Why did Arnold only notice Marcus's weakness 3/4 of the way through the fight? Isn't that something they'd be programmed to notice IMMEDIATELY?
When John Conner is fighting the governator, when the latter is RIGHT upon him, he shoots the lava down from the ceiling. Yet, when the lava falls, it spills EVERYWHERE and John Conner, with his gimp leg, doesn't get doused? Yeah, right?
When Marcus gave John his heart at the end of the movie and said that crap about "second chances", I wanted to vomit up my breakfast. That was THE most cliche and predictable load of GARBAGE I have ever seen.
Since when does a man who murdered his brother and another guy, and says "I wanted to see what death tasted like" have the sudden change of heart to do all that good ****? They're called psycho/socio paths for a REASON.
WHY PG-13?

Positive things about the movie:
It had Marla from Fight Club in it, but she wasn't in it long enough for it to stain her career.
It wasn't Alexander.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

My critique, copied from my facebook rant:

When I posted my disgust about the recent Terminator blasphemy, Terminator: Salvation (hereafter T4), I was dismayed at the number of discordant responses that I received. Apparently, there is a gross misconception going around that this movie is anything less than a steaming pile of night-after-enchilada crap. Once again, it seems that I am right, and many other people are wrong. But fear not, for I will illustrate my perpetual omniscience in this note.

First, let me just say that I was really stoked about this movie. I've been on a post-apocalyptic/dystopian kick the past year, having played Fallout 3 (excellent game) alot, which I bought in December but JUST NOW had the time to play. I'm a big fan of the Mad Max series (come on MM4!). I thought the Postman was pretty good (if this dissuades you from reading the rest of this review, I understand), Water World was cool (same here), and recently watched A Boy and His Dog and thought it was great, save the last scene. I just get into this stuff. Heck, look at my favorite books. I dig this stuff.

Having said that, I went into T4 with light expectations. I didn't expect much, as "McG" was directing it, and he'd done. . . what, some Charlie's Angels movies and We Are Marshal? It wasn't James Cameron, but hell, this idiot couldn't possibly screw this up, right? Wrong. I came in ready to have a no-brainer good time. No thinking. Just explosions, gore, fighting, and more explosions. Hell yes. (I did not know it was rated PG-13 until I arrived. I do not watch TV. I was caught off guard)

Kyle Reese: As we all know, or at least find out relatively quickly into the movie, Kyle Reese is John Conner's father. He's the dude who comes back in the original Terminator to prevent Ahnuld from killing Sarah Conner. We know that he's from the future, and goes back into the past, to do this. He then, in the one scene where you get to see some boob, impregnates Sarah Conner with John Conner, the future savior of the human race. Cool.

Now that you have the back story, let me point out Kyle Reese's role in the movie. Wuss. Kyle Reese is a huge wuss in the movie. I won't beat that drum. It ****ed me off, but it isn't worth discussing further. Nor is it worth talking about how this movie could have been timed better, because it was released so soon after Star Trek and the whole time I'm thinking "holy crap Pavel Chekov, from Star Trek, is John Conner's father? (same actor)" ANYWAYS. Kyle Reese is some scrawny wussbag hiding with a mute kid with big hair in the ruins of Los Angeles. Okay, I can dig it. You're trying to mimick that whole Aliens thing, what with the reoccurring, awkward little kid with big eyes who doesn't talk... thing. Kind of trite, but fine, whatever.
Here's where I started getting ****ed.

Early in the movie, John Conner is listening to his mother's audio tapes about his father being Kyle Reese, saving the world, blah blah etc. Soon thereafter, some. . . officer tells John Conner that they've received a transmission from the machines, giving out a hit list of sorts, telling who the machines were targeting and in what order. John Conner is #2. #1 is "some guy named. . . Kyle Reese." Of course, John Conner is like "omg wtf" and I'm going "HOW THE HELL DO THE MACHINES KNOW THAT?!" Kyle Reese was sent back into the past by the resistance. He was sent back IN RESPONSE TO the machines sending a terminator (ahnuld) to kill Sara Conner, John Conner's mother. (REMEMBER THIS AS IT IS A HUGE PLOT HOLE) So my question is... how did the machines find out who John Conner's father was? The guy DIED in the first movie. His name wasn't on the freakin BIRTH certificate. Sara Conner was sent to an asylum, while Kyle Reese was arrested, escaped, and then died blowing up the Terminator. But I can look past this blunder. Maybe Sara told someone. Maybe the machines found out. Whatever. I can play ball. John knows that he has to find Kyle Reese and keep him alive, as they'll have to send Reese back in time to prevent the killing of John's mother AND so that his mother can conceive him (John). John makes it clear to the audience that if Kyle Reese dies, the world is essentially f*cked. Re-read that and make sure you follow my thought-processes here.

What I can't ignore is the one, massive, bleeding, gaping plot hole that follows.

The Machines capture Kyle Reese and use him as bait to get John Conner.

Re-read that. Consider the implications. THINK about it.

Now you have to understand why this movie is a load of ****.

The Terminators capture the FATHER of JOHN CONNER. They know he's the father. Why do you ask? Why else would they have, on TOP of their freakin hit list, some random wussy kid living with a big-haired mute kid in Los Angeles if they didn't know? Why else would they be actively searching for him? Why else would they pull him out of the slave pens? Why else would the machines' HUD display say "TARGET: KYLE REESE" and take him alive? Why else would they KNOW to use him as bait for John Conner? It's because they know that he's John Conner's father. So, as I said, they capture JOHN CONNER'S FATHER, AND USE HIM AS BAIT TO CATCH JOHN CONNER. You have got to be ****ting me. I've swallowed bigger loads of crap in movie plots for the sake of enjoying the movie, but this was a kick to the balls. The machines have Kyle Reese in captivity. If they kill him, Sara Conner would probably have been killed AND would never have been impregnated, and thus. . . John Conner would never have been born. WHY DID THEY NOT JUST KILL HIM? Why did the machines use him as BAIT to catch a guy that they could have rid themselves of just by SHOOTING Kyle Reese? Are you FREAKING serious? Didn't the dip**** writers CONSIDER this? Didn't they realize that there is a whole F*cking MOVIE where the machines tried to prevent the birth of John Conner? They could have solved it right there! I refuse to believe that sentient machines, capable of discovering time travel and cyborg creation, are too f*cking STUPID to realize that rather than wait for John Conner to show up and potentially f*ck everything up coming after his dad, they could just KILL his dad and prevent John Conner's birth and 90% of the organizational foundation of the resistance. Tell me I'm not the only person who saw this. There is NO justification for this kind of dip****tery. I'm sorry. I should be an action writer. Apparently plot holes are not discernible if the audience is blinded by special effects and catchy, nostalgic one-liners.

Which brings me to my second point. You had Kyle Reese say "Come with me if you want to live." Oh, lololoroflmaochucklefart, that's what he said in Terminator and in T2. HAR FREAKING HAR. I get it, it's cute and nostalgic. Or ironic. Or it's just lame. OH HE SAID "I'LL BE BACK!" HAHAHAHAHAH *GASP* HAHAHAHAH *GASPH* AAHAHAH. HILARIOUS. Why don't you just beat me over the head with it, *******s.

Christian Bale did a terrible job in this movie. This is John Conner. He's the leader of the resistance, has lived through the apocalypse, and is THE most charismatic, army-leading mofo in the world. What is he in this movie? A robot. Now THAT is irony- making the leader of the humans a robot. He's boring. He's mechanical. His facial expressions never change. I understand that you have to make him "hard" because he's a badass, but come on. His whole platoon got killed! His friends and family are dead! His life sucks! He was a problem child growing up, he's gotta have some mental issues. Give him some personality! Please! Something save this movie!

Additionally, what's with the machines beating people up? Arnold throws John Conner around, kicking his *** for awhile like a cat teasing a mouse. WHY? Did Arnold do that **** in the first movie? Hell no! "Are you Sara Conner?" "Yes." "BWAM!" dusted off his hands and went to go ruin some other woman's ****. He didn't waste time beating people up. He grabbed the nearest gun and shot you. He broke your neck or hand/arm/wrist/shoulder until you gave him what he wanted. There wasn't any "choking you against the wall." Crap. He'd break your neck. He was a machine. He was a terminator. He didn't play games. He had **** to do! But in this movie, machines spend so much time fighting, there isn't enough time left in the DAY to kill people. That was part of the intrigue in the first two movies. You were fighting machines. To quote him from the first movie:" Listen! And understand! That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with! It can't be reasoned with! It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" The machines are professional wrestlers in this new movie. Even seeing a CG Arnold, with 1970's hair, couldn't revive this dead horse.

After awhile, the special effects got old. I couldn't overlook the boring characters, lack of gore, boring explosions, or the fact that the entire movie revolves around one big plot hole. Like it's circling the drain in the toilet of Hollywood. Terminator 3 sucked. Terminator 4 sucked too. Maybe they'll do like they did with the batman franchise and just call "mulligan" and start all over again. *** I'm bored.

Further random questions:
Why did the terminators have clothes?
Why does the Terminator factory have like THREE machines in and around it? And ONE inside?
Why no mention of the liquid T-1000? THATS KIND OF A BIG DEAL.
Why did Arnold only notice Marcus's weakness 3/4 of the way through the fight? Isn't that something they'd be programmed to notice IMMEDIATELY?
When John Conner is fighting the governator, when the latter is RIGHT upon him, he shoots the lava down from the ceiling. Yet, when the lava falls, it spills EVERYWHERE and John Conner, with his gimp leg, doesn't get doused? Yeah, right?
When Marcus gave John his heart at the end of the movie and said that crap about "second chances", I wanted to vomit up my breakfast. That was THE most cliche and predictable load of GARBAGE I have ever seen.
Since when does a man who murdered his brother and another guy, and says "I wanted to see what death tasted like" have the sudden change of heart to do all that good ****? They're called psycho/socio paths for a REASON.
WHY PG-13?

Positive things about the movie:
It had Marla from Fight Club in it, but she wasn't in it long enough for it to stain her career.
It wasn't Alexander.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

so many words about such a ****ty movie

*sheds a tear at arnold's thumbs up*

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

sorry, but this is one of the few times where it genuinely ****es me off when someone compliments a movie. This movie was a turd compared to the first two, and a smelly fart compared to the third. It was a ***awful movie and has completely ruined the franchise. Nothing positive can be said about this movie.

Posted by Dexter

I got scared when you mentioned the possible re-boot of the story. That would be awful. James will never touch this again, unless he decided to turn it into an anime. lolary

And I'm pretty sure I agree with everything BJ said. He put a bunch into words for me.

Posted by Speedfreak

The bulk of your criticism revolves around your lack of understanding for how time travel resolves itself in the Terminator universe. There's nothing stopping Skynet sending something back in time to aid its own creation. This was explored in-depth in SCC. If it can do that it can tell itself about John Connor and Kyle Reese. It is even possible for two people to go back in time to the same point, one after the other, and end up with different memories of the future because the first person changed it in some significant way.

The stuff about Christian Bale and a Terminator being uncharacteristically inefficient...yeah, fair enough.

The T-1000 might not have been mentioned for several reasons. One of which is that the technology doesn't exist with Skynet, the first two movies changed the future twice. The second reason is that T-1000s are unreliable as they have the capacity to think for themselves, potentially rebelling against Skynet. Skynet might have realised this and decided not to build them.

Where were all you faggots when SCC needed viewers? If you want a real Terminator fix, BJ, then I suggest checking it out. It's a heck of a lot better put together than the last two movies. I'd even go so far as to say it's better than the first movie and close behind the second.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I plan on checking it out, Speedy. BUT TELL ME WHY THEY DID NOT KILL KYLE REESE WHEN THEY HAD HIM

Posted by Speedfreak

Because they wanted John Connor? I mean, the machines are dumb enough to be so fixated on one human when really any human could do what he did.

Posted by S

You have to consider time travel as the possibility of alternate realities. If they kill Kyle Reese, it may alter the time line of another Skynet and not their own. Kill them both and they win two-fold, and for every reality that branches off from the moment Kyle dies.

But Speedfreak apparently knows Terminator's Time travel theory better than I do, so maybe he's got insight on that.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's kind of like Back to the Future, there aren't multiple timelines, the future just gets rewritten. But unlike BttF there's no problem with predestination paradoxes. i.e. the fact that John Connor was fathered by Kyle Reese who was sent back in time by John Connor is perfectly okay. Killing Kyle Reese before he fathered John wouldn't cause him to stop existing (or cause the universe to implode), as he would've already been created.

This is why T3 sucks (among other reasons), it assumes Skynet is fated to be created. The whole point of the first two movies is that there isn't any fate but what you make for yourselves.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I don't understand. At all. How can John Conner be conceived if his father and mother are dead before he is born? I mean, sure, he's 'already' been created. . . by a man who will be killed before he can go back in time and create him. Something has to give.

this doesn't overlook the fact that they were in a terminator factory that had ONE terminator in it.

or that there were zero boobs

Posted by Speedfreak

Because the future isn't written.

But actually I was misleading there, the fact that there's a predestination paradox sorta means that Kyle Reese will always be able to father John Connor and John will always be able to send Kyle back. If you think about it, no one caused the predestination paradox (or would have been able to), it's a quirk in time that would've always existed.

Perhaps the reason Kyle was on the hitlist has nothing to do with him fathering John, or perhaps the whole point of him being on the list was because John needed him, and therefore he'd be perfect bait. If that doesn't explain it then yeah, put it down to McG being an idiot. You know the original ending had John Connor dying and Skynet winning? Yeah.

Posted by S

That's where the word paradox comes in Bj. Whenever you deal with time travel, you're eventually going to be led to one paradox or another.

Also, just for reference, the Terminator Salvation book that was the preface to the movie? They changed a ****-ton of it. Marcus was never in prison and sentenced to death, and he was a Marine and survived Judgement Day. He created a pocket of resistance and was second in command until the events of the book took place, where Kyle and the little girl join them. So I have NO idea where they fit the cyborg part in.

Posted by Shin-Ra

The movie wasn't great by any means, but it wasn't bad so long as you ignore all the Christian Bale scenes. I had heard that he was whining about wanting more scenes and whether that's actually true or not is beside the point because all of his scenes were written in a very very lazy fashion. His dry acting didn't do anything to help this either. The other main storyline was far more interesting and better scripted, although the "funny" lines failed in their purpose.

McG wasn't all too bad. The helicopter scene was filmed pretty well even though I cocked my head to the side and said wtf before the crash because I didn't know why he chose such a crappy placement for the camera. I didn't feel his camera work was "robotic" like a lot of people have been saying, and I thought he did a good job with the overall visual style of the movie too. McG could have made the movie a whole lot better, but he did go for just action which is fine for me when I'm going to see a mindless action movie. It's just a shame that it was Terminator which isn't a series built on this.

I heard of a rumored alternate ending that I actually like FAR more than the actual one. Even if it's just internet junk being thrown around, it's better than what they went with.

Posted by Speedfreak

Saw the movie last night.

I don't know why this movie exists. It's not a great movie, it's not even interesting sci-fi. The first movie was about whether machines were superior to humans. The second was about machines learning to become human. The premise of a machine that believed it was human was fascinating (when the TV series did it, anyway), until they revealed that for all intents and purposes he is human. So, uh, wow, he just has a metal body, that doesn't really provide any food for thought. We might as well pretend he's a super saiyan.

I can tolerate crappy acting and stupid dialog for good sci-fi, but this didn't provide jack.

Posted by Speedfreak

You're an odd chap.

Posted by james131

honestly speaking i like this movie....I know this is having a basic theme...but overall its as gud timepass....

Posted by Dexter

Bad movie.

But Speedy, I started the series. SCC is definitely good stuff. Very nicely put together. Fills in gaps well and explores a lot of my questions satisfyingly. I'm going to try and finish the first season by the end of the week.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Robots?
Machines?

Learning and adapting to become more human than human?

'[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Age_of_Spiritual_Machines"]Nough said[/URL]..

Posted by Dexter

I love that scene where Cameron Phillips is pinned between the two trucks and tries to tap into John Connor's emotions to gain the victory. She's like specifically designed to manipulate him, emotionally. That's **** sexy. I got robot love. Total turn on.

Posted by brock9233

They have ruined the name of Terminator.