Metroid Prime Trilogy...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174353

This is how game trilogies should be released. Wonder if I should trade in my copy of 3.

Posted by Zeta

Son of a *****, I just bought 3 like a week ago.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, but you probably already have 1 and 2, so it shouldn't matter too much. I have all 3 so this doesn't matter to me at all. Just angers me!

Posted by maian

I have 1 and 3, but I think I'll go ahead and buy this because I've been meaning to replay them, and I'd love to go back through with revamped controls.

I wish Nintendo did this kind of thing more often.

Posted by Linko_16

It's likely I'll be getting this, finances providing. That way I can have motion control on games in the Metroid Prime series other than the absolute worst one! I'm pleasantly surprised they're not selling them on separate disks for a bigger profit, though.

Posted by Ant

2 was the worst one idiot.

and not too surprising that they'd do this.

Posted by Dexter

What was the difference between 1, 2, or 3? Can any of them really stand out as being the worse? They were way too similar.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

2 was rushed, had ****ty mechanics and a screw attack that was everything it shouldnt be plus mediocre multiplayer. still decent but definitely not a touch on the original

Posted by Dexter

I totally forgot about the multiplayer. It did indeed suck.

Posted by Zeta

idk i had some pretty awesome fights in multi.

Echoes is the weakest because of Dark Aether. While awesome-sounding on paper, having to constantly switch between Aethers was annoying, especially with the "between dimensions" loading screen every time. Dark Aether itself was pretty boring in design too; it's nearly exactly the same places except purple/red and poisonous water. And the Temple Keys were way more annoying to find than the Chozo Artifacts and Fuel Cells.

Game had the best menus, though. Pretty disappointed when I found Corruption's to be more like MP1's.

Posted by Zeta

idk i had some pretty awesome fights in multi.

Echoes is the weakest because of Dark Aether. While awesome-sounding on paper, having to constantly switch between Aethers was annoying, especially with the "between dimensions" loading screen every time. Dark Aether itself was pretty boring in design too; it's nearly exactly the same places except purple/red and poisonous water. And the Temple Keys were way more annoying to find than the Chozo Artifacts and Fuel Cells.

Game had the best menus, though. Pretty disappointed when I found Corruption's to be more like MP1's.

Posted by maian

...I actually liked Echoes the most. BUT, I also think that's because it's the first one I played. Going back to MP1 seemed like a slight step down, as it didn't seem as long and it wasn't nearly as challenging. The ammo idea was stupid, though. And I never had a problem with Dark Aether. I liked MP3, but I'd honestly place it as my least favorite. Didn't dig the corruption idea, and the corruption world in the end was just kinda dumb. Also, the only world that I actually thought was interesting was Bryyo.

Posted by Ant

The worlds of MP1 were the most interesting and atmospheric for sure. And as it was already stated the whole "Dark World" concept of two ruined it for me. Three was just the most fun overall, I thought. The Wiimote control really did make it that much better, so hopefully it'll do the same for 1&2.