Better Console Compaired to the Last One?

Posted by Supermario

Here is the question: What is the better console compaired to the last one?

Which console out of the three big ones has most improved or is better compaired to the console before it? In other words, what system has gotten better over the years?

I know the three new systems have not been out that long so this will be an early look at which new console has done the best.

Choices:

Then: Xbox
Now: Xbox 360

Then: Playstation 2
Now: Playstation 3

Then: GameCube
Now: Nintendo Wii

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

xbox

Posted by WillisGreeny

So, the question is which console has improved the most from its predecessor? Sony.

Posted by SkynetGamer101

The 360 was the move improved, mostly thanks to its new controller. The old XBox had a clunky unwieldy controller, the 360 has an awesome controller. Not to mention the 360 has a very good selection of games.

Posted by Speedfreak

Xbox 1 sucked.

Posted by Granasaber

Simple. The 360. The Wii and Nintendo in general have taken a real step back this generation, and not judging the consoles by graphics or anything, but alot of the Wii's games actually look worse than Gamecube games. The PS3 (although the next gen console I use the most) has yet to hit full speed and is still in that period of not having a fantastic, huge selection of games yet, although it's definitely getting better (Valkyria Chronicles is one of the best games I've played in awhile). The 360 is already at full speed and is releasing high profile games left, right and center. The problem with the original Xbox was it had a extremely short run, and that alot of the systems better games came early on (MGS2, Halo, JSRF), and the system basically died the minute the 360 was announced. I'd say that whilst the 360 and PS3 are similar, the reason the 360 is the "more improved" is simply because the PS2 was a superior system to the Xbox, and had a far bigger library of quality games.

Posted by Speedfreak

>real step back

>from dead last to clear winner

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;943032]>real step back

>from dead last to clear winnerQUALITY? DOESNT MATTER, LOOK HOW MANY CONSOLES WE'VE SOLD!!!

Posted by O.T.L

360 for Sho.

Posted by Poco

whit epeople to ******s. heil hitler.

Posted by ExoXile

wii

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=BLUNTMASTER X;943041]QUALITY? DOESNT MATTER, LOOK HOW MANY CONSOLES WE'VE SOLD!!!

Saying they've overall taken a step back is seriously retarded and you know it. Anyone that thinks GameCube 2 would've been successful or a better console is delusional.
Besides, as awful as Wii Sports and Excitebots are, I'd still much rather play those than the dogs[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it like Guitar Hero and Lego Anything other companies peddle to the same markets.

Wii is a step in a better direction, end of.

Posted by Poco

let's just say... i'm a pc gamer. [URL=http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dealwithdog.gif][IMG]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7239/dealwithdog.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Posted by junior senior

lol

Posted by Last Fog

Obviously Xbox. The 360 greatly improved what the first one was going for in terms of online gaming, and has a great game library to boot. PS3 is a disaster compared to its predecessor, and the Wii is just as bad as gamecube only with more crap on it. The only few good games are first party.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Last Fog;943572]. The only few good games are first party.

And a few Wii ware games for a few days. Square makes surprisingly good mini games.

Posted by Turtle Toupee

im kinda new, so i dunno for sure, but should this thread even be in this part of the forums?

i think, in general, as far as hardware improvements go, the ps3 is a big improvement over its predecessor. however, as far as sales go, the wii is much better. as for microsofts foray into the gaming world, the xbox and xbox 360 are both mediocre consoles with a decent amount of good games. in comparison, they didnt improve as much as sony or nintendo.

Posted by Shin-Ra

360 because I don't intentionally avoid buying games for it if they're on another platform like I did with the Xbox. I like the Ps3 the most out of all the systems, but yeah, 360's the biggest improvement.

Posted by joangracoffande

360 is the clear winner here. Microsoft took the xbox and improved on it, improved tools, everything really. PS3, although on paper is a technical beast, is a piece of junk. Their tools and support are lacking, developers have to focus more time on just making their game work on the console, rather than spending the time to make the game good.

Posted by Turtle Toupee

how can u say that the 360 is the clear winner when its a fat hunk of mediocrity? and then when you compare how big of a difference tehre is between the wii and the cube? hes not asking which is the better of the three systems, just which has improved more. and, sure, although the wii is little more than a gamecube with the motion sensor interface, look at how much its outselling everything on the market. nintendo was DEAD LAST in the previous console race and now nobody can touch them. nintendo wins this round, for sure, go wii

Posted by Poco

heh. let's just say... i'm a board gamer.

Posted by coromoro

I agree, flywind. I agree.

Posted by Big Boss

The Xbox 360 was a great improvement over the original Xbox, which was already a great system. Their improved Xbox Live service was ready out of the gate, and Achievements gave people excuses to play games they would otherwise miss, and see more of games they would normally give up on.

The PlayStation 3 was, overall, a major improvement over the PS2. It may share an odd architecture akin to what the Saturn was in the mid '90s, though at least this time the industry is moving in that direction. It's impressive that they manage to catch up with the X360 in most features, considering they likely weren't working on them 4 years before the system's release (like the X360, and at times it shows). Also, free online play is pretty impressive, considering most games these days are multiplatform. When it comes to some of the exclusives, it's easy to see some developers already know how to use the system to get the most out of it.

The Nintendo Wii is a brilliant marketing product, and a horrible gaming system. The Wii is the Fisher Price tricycle while the PS3 and 360 are the Dodge Tomahawk of videogames.

Posted by Degeneration

Before: Gamecube / Now: 2 Gamecubes duct taped together

Posted by Omni

Quoting Big Boss: The Xbox 360 was a great improvement over the original Xbox, which was already a great system. Their improved Xbox Live service was ready out of the gate, and Achievements gave people excuses to play games they would otherwise miss, and see more of games they would normally give up on.

The PlayStation 3 was, overall, a major improvement over the PS2. It may share an odd architecture akin to what the Saturn was in the mid '90s, though at least this time the industry is moving in that direction. It's impressive that they manage to catch up with the X360 in most features, considering they likely weren't working on them 4 years before the system's release (like the X360, and at times it shows). Also, free online play is pretty impressive, considering most games these days are multiplatform. When it comes to some of the exclusives, it's easy to see some developers already know how to use the system to get the most out of it.

The Nintendo Wii is a brilliant marketing product, and a horrible gaming system. The Wii is the Fisher Price tricycle while the PS3 and 360 are the Dodge Tomahawk of videogames.

I support this post.

Posted by cool gamer dad

These days, xbobx But I wouldn be a gmmer today if it weren't for early PC gaming.

In terms of improvement, Xbox easily. Would never have connected to a lot of you without XBL.

Posted by Omni

That reminds me, I should probably play XBL with some people eventually. I'll try to find the time and get games that you guys actually play.