S. Darko

Posted by Near

Can anyone tell me anything about this movie?

I was in Wal-Mart the other day, and I just happened to come across this movie, which is a 'Donnie Darko' film. Im sure some of you have seen 'Donnie Darko', and I have always thought it was an excellent movie. So mainly I am curious if anyone knows if 'S. Darko' is worth the time, or the cash?

Posted by junior senior

it was supposed to come out in theatres but it went straight to dvd.

Posted by Kutlass

no.

i've read the reviews. it's just another one of those substandard quasi-sequels hastily slapped together just to generate extra revenue from a popular film with proven success. see also: carlito's way - rise to power, weekend at bernie's 2. i don't have to see it to know it's terrible and an insult to the original film.

Posted by Dexter

Bad news. Worse than Butterfly Effect 2. Uglier than Teen Wolf Too. The good thing about this film is that the good film will live on while people will eventually forget this one was ever made, unlike sequels that are terrible but can't be forgotten, like Speed 2: Cruise Control or Sylvester Stallone's Staying Alive.

And Batman & Robin was amusing. I don't see how any Batman fan could not enjoy it.

Posted by Near

Thanks for the input, I think I will try to stay away for now. Maybe I'll rent it at some point just so I can say I saw it.