My job is cooler than yours. this is fact.

Posted by Lord of Spam

forgot to leave my phone in my car today like I usually do before heading into work, and ended up with my phone in the shop. Figured, **** it, I'll take some pics.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/postenlist/1241613175285.jpg[/IMG]

Me grinding down a carbon steel pipe socket assembly. The most fun part was angling the spark spray at a pile of papers that were on my desk. I didnt manage to light them:(

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/postenlist/1241611108393.jpg[/IMG]

That is an oven that is used to keep moisture from getting in the shielding compound on those weld rods. Yes, those are cinnamon rolls. Were hungry and inventive, **** you.

Posted by Speedfreak

Grinding isn't that fun bro.

Posted by Lord of Spam

grinding is pretty fun. Welding however, is ****ing awesome.

I might try to take a picture of me actually welding, but i doubt you'd be able to see much anyway given the glare given off by the arc.

Posted by Dexter

That job sucks! Field day sucks. Mustering sucks. Qualifying sucks. The noise back aft sucks. The hours suck. The testosterone sucks. Shift work sucks. Ship yard sucks. Underway sucks. Nuke pay sucks. Sub pay sucks.

Talk to your USS Buffalo bubbleheads and they will tell you that their job sucks. Most will admit that they'd rather work fast food than for the Navy.

My job is far cooler than yours. As an image consultant, I take care of myself. I am my own boss. I make more money. I work less hours. I work with both genders. I get cell phone reception. I have a choice of what I want to eat. I can choose where I want to live. If I don't like working with someone, I can choose not to work with them. etc

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yeah man that's basic manual labor that's gonna get boring

enjoy living in a tin can under the sea

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Dexter: That job sucks! Field day sucks. Mustering sucks. Qualifying sucks. The noise back aft sucks. The hours suck. The testosterone sucks. Shift work sucks. Ship yard sucks. Underway sucks. Nuke pay sucks. Sub pay sucks.

Talk to your USS Buffalo bubbleheads and they will tell you that their job sucks. Most will admit that they'd rather work fast food than for the Navy.[quote]

field day: you clearly have not mastered the fine art of outboard hiding
mustering: not really that bad. showing up to work on time? OH NOES
qualifying: only if youre retarded. i am not.
shift work: the 6 months i spent on shiftwork were some of the best times ive had. your point is null.
noise: i love machinery. therefor not sucky
shipyards: one point for dexter
testosterone: maybe if you had some it wouldnt be a big deal:(
underway: yeah, seeing other countries sucks. OHDARN
pay: yeah man, i hate money

[quote]My job is far cooler than yours. As an image consultant, I take care of myself. I am my own boss. I make more money. I work less hours. I work with both genders. I get cell phone reception. I have a choice of what I want to eat. I can choose where I want to live. If I don't like working with someone, I can choose not to work with them. etc

im responsible for myself as well. while i dont work FOR myself, that doesnt really bother me so much. money was also never a big concern for me, so long as i have enough to get by and keep myself entertained, which i have more than enough to do. I also dont mind working hard and long, as I enjoy the challenge and overcoming obstacles. Cellphone reception is a shallow point not worth adressing. Food is food, dont care really. I have more options where to live now than i did as a civilian. And avoiding people isnt too hard usually.

[quote]yeah man that's basic manual labor that's gonna get boring

enjoy living in a tin can under the sea

manual labor? yeah. basic? lulz.

******* im trollbait when im drunk

Posted by Stalolin

i am pretty sure not having a job is superior to having a job

plus i have my own income to spend whenever i want, courtesy of all of my old rare games

ant should be rolling in his grave

i sold my copy of earthbound first

i got 80 bux

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lord of Spam;942107]grinding is pretty fun. Welding however, is ****ing awesome.

I might try to take a picture of me actually welding, but i doubt you'd be able to see much anyway given the glare given off by the arc.

You're really not selling this to me, bro.

Posted by Lord of Spam

have you ever actually done any welding?

i find making **** fun, and i find destroying **** fun. welding konda does both at the same time

Posted by Stalolin

wow i just got deja vu

are you sure you guys haven't yelled at each other about welding before

Posted by Lord of Spam

dont remember doing so, but its possible :cookie:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

my job is better

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Lord of Spam: field day: you clearly have not mastered the fine art of outboard hiding

Scamming out of work is about 20% of the work itself. "How will I get out of work or a task" will be much thought about. You do have it easier when it comes to hiding than the forward guys, though. But it's not so much the 4 hours of cleaning itself, it's the get up 2 hours earlier than what's already early part that's terribly annoying.

Quoted post: mustering: not really that bad. showing up to work on time? OH NOES

Exactly. It shouldn't be a big deal at all. The problem with your situation is if someone else is late a bunch of people may suffer. One person's fault is everybody's problem and that's stupid.

Quoted post: qualifying: only if youre retarded. i am not.

It's not sucky because it's a difficult task. Any moron could qualify and you've probably already met a bunch who have. Now go find every fire extinguisher and shoot 50 trash cans off the boat to qualify TDU.

j/k. Get it blazed. Your rate qualifications are going to be worse than boat qualifications.

Quoted post: shift work: the 6 months i spent on shiftwork were some of the best times ive had. your point is null.

Midrats and decreasing social life typically suck.

Quoted post: noise: i love machinery. therefor not sucky

Hearing lose is sucky. Hearing protection is sucky. The sound of machines over your chief's instructions will grow old.

Quoted post: shipyards: one point for dexter

At least there are some females around during this time and it forces you to be in Hawaii!

Quoted post: testosterone: maybe if you had some it wouldnt be a big deal:(

Low blow, man. Real low blow.

But believe me, you're going to miss having females in the work place. The overload of male perversion will make you despondent, eventually. Even the most manly of mans and perverted of perverts long to be at a place where their typical topics would be considered exceptionally inappropriate.

Quoted post: underway: yeah, seeing other countries sucks. OHDARN

You know how restricted you guys are in other countries? Very. Proximity limitations and buddy system alone make for a less pleasing adventure. Travel on your own, without control, for it is WAY better.

Quoted post: pay: yeah man, i hate money

It's not that money sucks, dude. It's just that the little extra pay they give you isn't enough. Nuke pay is ridiculous compared to the extra work and hours you guys put in. It's not fair. You guys are getting robbed while the CS division goes home every night.

Quoted post: im responsible for myself as well.

Of course, but certainly not to the point that I am. Your chief, your LPO, and your command is also responsible for you, parenting you through your decisions and lifestyle. Most people join the military because they simply don't know what else to do with themselves and have trouble coping with life without someone telling them how to live it. Your basically leaving one parent to join another.

Quoted post: I have more options where to live now than i did as a civilian.

How so? You got 3 choices out of what, 8? Barracks until E-5 (which shouldn't be difficult for you to get). It's terrible, man. How could any civilian be so limited?

Quoted post: And avoiding people isnt too hard usually.

Yes it is. You see their face every day. The boat is small and back aft is even smaller. You could be stuck in maneuvering with an officer that drives you completely mad. You might share a rack with a stinky sailor for far too many nights.

You're going to be living in unrealistic circumstances. It's not easy and yeah you could be proud of the challenge but I personally don't feel it's very fulfilling. Even when you're underway for your country, on missions, signing page 13s, you don't really do much. Spying in enemy waters doesn't go far and it isn't exciting at all. I definitely believe that your passion and motivation could be put to better use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBTIoL5vaOM

If only working on a submarine felt like this song. Then maybe I would understand. It's definitely not as serious as Crimson Tide, or as adventurous as The Hunt for Red October, or as funny as Down Periscope. It's boring. It's sucky.

They might be able to convince you that your job is the best but you nor they could ever convince me. Keep telling yourself how great your job is until they suck the life out of you and leave you with money to take care of the lonely years left behind. They pwn you with their moneys. Depressing. I pity the bubbleheads.

Your job totally sucks. Now hurry up and finally get to your boat so we can drink the pain away.

Posted by Lord of Spam

"drink the pain away. "

you have opened a can of worms i do not think you are prepared for. i hope for your sake you have a spare liver lyin around :)

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lord of Spam;942142]have you ever actually done any welding?

i find making **** fun, and i find destroying **** fun. welding konda does both at the same time

In that respect programming > welding.

Posted by Lord of Spam

make me a computer program you can cook with. Or beat me over the head with. Or drive on.

Then thatll be true.

spoilers: simulations dont count :0

Posted by Speedfreak

Weld me something that lets me play a game with someone on the other side of the world.

Posted by final kaoss

Easy enough as all he'd be doing is basically welding a computer together :D:D

Quoting Speedfreak: Weld me something that lets me play a game with someone on the other side of the world.

Posted by Lord of Spam

that is the most retarded thing i have ever heard. a welding torch would incinerate the electronics in a computer. the most i could do is weld a case, but thats just a metal box.

that being said, i prefer making something physical over something intangible. for instance, me and a few friends are planning on making a smoker/grill when i get back down to florida. we gonna spend a few days making it, then a few weeks using it. The reward? the satisfaction of having made something, and the smug "awwww yeah:cool:" from using the ever living **** out of it it.

plus its pretty hard to hurt yourself programming, so welding is more badass. I win.:cool2:

Posted by Speedfreak

A grill is more badass than hardware performing a vast amount of tasks in the blink of an eye according to your meticulously detailed plans and designs? Please.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

jesus ****ing christ, as someone who spends maybe 2 - 3 hours a day programming and arguing on the internet even i wouldnt stir such an retarded argument

MY SOFTWARE-BASED CREATIONS ARE SUPERIOR TO THOSE YOU CREATE WITH AN ARC WELD AND METAL HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

both are fun. i like messing with internal components of hardware and such just as much as i like writing code

apples and oranges jesus christ

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

some day I'll sue you all for damages for the time I wasted reading this thread

Posted by cool gamer dad

looks like a cool job :)

you weiner

Posted by Liecham

I weld sometimes,and have worked as a welder. Its fun, and a great skill to know, but it does suck welding out in 120 degree weather, but thats only a month or two a year here, even though this is my first post, I have an even better job. I work at A firearms training school, even though I don't teach, its an awsome job.

Posted by Speedfreak

Shut up X we were having fun.

Now, if he was talking about engineering, well that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish. But welding?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: A grill is more badass than hardware performing a vast amount of tasks in the blink of an eye according to your meticulously detailed plans and designs? Please.

Yes, because it leads to deliciousness.

Posted by The underground

dude u got a crappy job at least my jobs in the army were way cooler as a sniper and a medic way cooler killing ppl and getting to save lives. ahhh. the dualality of man :D

Posted by Dexter

Shut the hell up. You never sniped anybody.

Posted by Lord of Spam

dude ive sniped tons of people [spoiler]in cs[/spoiler]

Posted by Dexter

Did it for the lulz. Man, do nukes even stand top side? I don't think I've seen that.

Quoting The underground: dude u got a crappy job at least my jobs in the army were way cooler as a sniper and a medic way cooler killing ppl and getting to save lives. ahhh. the dualality of man :D

war reenactments don't count

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Dexter: Did it for the lulz. Man, do nukes even stand top side? I don't think I've seen that.

we can, yeah. we usually dont, though

Posted by Dexter

Just extra quals. No fun. Like a CS. Their quals are teh bestest!

Posted by Lord of Spam

huuuuuuuurr put chikien in uven r i quald nao?

when i heard that you only needed a 30 on the asvab to be a cs i assumed it was out of 50.

it is out of 99.

Posted by Dexter

That's what I'd be. Not because I'm dumb, but because it is seemingly the easiest rate to be. You're not part of the duty section and it's not like they expect much from you! Plus you control the cookies! Also, the schools are so short, you'd be on your boat and underway in no time. Their schools like a month compared to a nukes that lasts like 2 years! Ridiculous.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Lord of Spam;942104]forgot to leave my phone in my car today like I usually do before heading into work, and ended up with my phone in the shop. Figured, **** it, I'll take some pics.

Me grinding down a carbon steel pipe socket assembly. The most fun part was angling the spark spray at a pile of papers that were on my desk. I didnt manage to light them:(

That is an oven that is used to keep moisture from getting in the shielding compound on those weld rods. Yes, those are cinnamon rolls. Were hungry and inventive, **** you.
Vampiro: you're 22 and you're bald, that's pretty funny

Posted by Lord of Spam

at least my computer is on, faggot.

i hope your xbox rrod's

nah jk:(