2009 NBA Playoffs Discussion

Posted by Fei-on Castor

So, who has it this year?

I think it's gonna be Cleveland.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I think you mean NHL.

Posted by Ant

LeBrons team is gonna blow it during the playoffs and won't even make it to the finals. Lakers vs Celtics rematch is my guess.

Posted by O.T.L

I remember when Dallas went to the final. Shaq's free throw skills were just too much.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting O.T.L: I remember when Dallas went to the final. Shaq's free throw skills were just too much.

If by "Shaq", you mean Shaquille O'Neal, I don't believe he ever played for Dallas. He started in Orlando, went to LA Lakers, then to Miami, and now is in Phoenix.

Unless Dallas played Orlando or Miami in the finals, which they may have because I only started following NBA recently.

Yeah, Shaq's better at his free-throws these days. Still not great, but better.

Posted by Supermario

I am going with Cleveland. I think it may be their time with L. James leading them to the finals. Another champion team may be the L.A. Lakers.

I could be wrong about all this since I have not been keeping up with the NBA.

Cleveland won't win. I barely pay attention to the NBA and even I know this.

But seriously, basketball is boring as ****. how can people like this ****? I mean, why would you rather watch basketball playoffs than hockey playoffs?

Posted by Ant

US AMERICANS LIKE GAMES WITH LOTS OF SCORING!!! why soccer and hockey aren't popular.

regardless, just realized that garnnet may not be playing during the playoffs so the celtics are seriously gimped. probably gonna end with lakers vs cavs lakers winning in 6.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Fei-on Castor: If by "Shaq", you mean Shaquille O'Neal, I don't believe he ever played for Dallas. He started in Orlando, went to LA Lakers, then to Miami, and now is in Phoenix.

Unless Dallas played Orlando or Miami in the finals, which they may have because I only started following NBA recently.

Yeah, Shaq's better at his free-throws these days. Still not great, but better.

Yeah Shaq was on Miami. I was joking Shaq sucks at free throws, well at least back then idk about now. I was lol'n those entire games at Shaqs free throw failures. xD

Posted by Supermario

Why don't you explain a little bit why you don't like basketball other than it's boring... bla bla blah astric:D

I like basketball because I grew up with it and when I was a kid Michael Jordan was playing, and he is probably the best player that ever played the game. Also basketball is a sport where I can just go out side and play as long as I have a ball hoop and a ball, so for me it's easy and fun.:) Plus I am kind of good at the game.

I didn't watch or play much hockey or soccer when growing. I would love to play hockey sometime. I just don't find hockey as fun to watch and soccer is kind of slow.:D

Quoted post: Also basketball is a sport where I can just go out side and play as long as I have a ball hoop and a ball,

you can do that with almost every sport.

Quoted post: I just don't find hockey as fun to watch

this makes no sense. A game where hits are tracked, that have enforcers that just go out there to beat the **** out of someone to send a message and has a term called the "playoff face" which means you aren't playing in the playoffs unless you taste your own blood isn't fun to watch? fffffffffffffffffff

Posted by Supermario

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:
this makes no sense. A game where hits are tracked, that have enforcers that just go out there to beat the **** out of someone to send a message and has a term called the "playoff face" which means you aren't playing in the playoffs unless you taste your own blood isn't fun to watch? fffffffffffffffffff

I guess I just don't know much about the game of hockey. That might be it.

It just looks like the game is not that great because the players push each other down. The only skill seems to be in the puck handling/shot making along with ice skating.:D :D

Really I do like hockey, there are some cool highlights when they show them on TV. Plus the movie The Mighty Ducks. I just don't like it as much as basketball. Basketball takes dribbling skill and good shot selection...:D What don't you like about basketball?

Quoted post: It just looks like the game is not that great because the players push each other down.

The hit each other but pushing someone down to the ice usually leads to a penalty. So you'll only see that **** when someone gets mad.

As for basketball there's not enough intensity in the play or drama. The scoring is just too high to be exciting for me. In games like hockey or soccer even there's so many plays that make you grip your seat that each goal is way more exciting than any game of basketball.

Posted by Ant

Tell ya what, why do you make a thread for the NHL playoffs and we'll call it a night.

pretty sure I'm the only one watching them

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I was watching until the flyers lost

Posted by Shin-Ra

Sorry to derail the derailing. I think Cleveland's gonna win it. I've been going for the Rockets simply because they're the local team and I'm pretty familiar with the players. When it comes down to it though, I'd almost rather see the Lakers advance since they're the better team (in regards to LA v Houston). Even if the Rockets don't advance I'll still watch the remaining teams. The Nuggets are looking good and I've been enjoying the Orlando v Boston games.

Posted by Ant

The Lakers-Rockets series has been a ****ing joke. The Lakers shouldn't be sucking nearly as bad as they have been.

Posted by Supermario

Well I guess I was wrong about the Cavs. Looks like we have the Lakers and Magic in the final. What do you guys think about this matchup?

I will say Magic in game 6.

Posted by Ant

Lakers in 7.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting O.T.L: Yeah Shaq was on Miami. I was joking Shaq sucks at free throws, well at least back then idk about now. I was lol'n those entire games at Shaqs free throw failures. xD

Hah, yeah. It's amazing that a 15-time All Star can't shoot free throws at all.

Actually, he's improved dramatically, lately. He had his best season for free-throws, percentage-wise. He's still not great, but he's better than he's ever been. And it's a good thing, too. With other teams using the hack-a-Shaq thing.

I honestly thought it would be Denver-Cleveland in the Finals. I'm shocked that Orlando is there. I kinda can see how LAL got there. Even though I really don't like the Lakers, and I wish they weren't in the Finals.

I hope Orlando wins. They probably won't, but I hope they do.