Why Vermont is Retarded

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Because stuff like this happens.
http://www.timesargus.com/article/20090409/NEWS02/904090349

Posted by junior senior

ok

Posted by Kutlass

yeah, the entire state of vermont is retarded because the police in Barre decided to do their job.

should have just mentioned it being the first state to legalize gay marriage through the legislature's vote, which you probably figured most people would have expected the topic to be about.

Posted by O.T.L

ok

Posted by Lord of Spam

If they hadnt acted this way, and the kid HAD done it, you would be reacting in an entirely different fashion. I agree with the cops, better safe than sorry.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

ok

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Id agree with you all if I didn't live in Vermont and have seen all the psychotic rednecks and druggies who go actually go to school and make threats, then get a slap on the wrist and sent back to class. I'm not saying they shouldn't have reacted to it, but i think the extent to which they went was unnecessary.

And yes, Vermont did pass gay marriage but the Governor changed the bill so they wouldn't get any federal benefits.

Posted by junior senior

ok

Posted by Foppy D

Yeah I'm going to have to go with everyone else on that not being retarded. I'd like to hope the same would happen in my town.

Posted by Kutlass

Quoting Dr. Rockso: I'm not saying they shouldn't have reacted to it, but i think the extent to which they went was unnecessary.

it was unnecessary in this particular case, but probably a good idea. kids these days are way too smart

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: "Rune Scape"

Oh, okay. Now I get the title of this thread.

Posted by Toasty

Eh.

I live near that town, and I'm a recent graduate from Spaulding there. Yeah this stuff happens once in a while, and of course it's getting taken seriously. I think the 14 year olds, were just looking for an excuse to skip school or something. Maybe it's a very very late April Fools Joke. Which ended in epic failure.

Stupid freshmen, always seeking for attention and wanting all the glory and trying to be cool. They should know their places.

And yes, most of the police in Vermont are overly strict, even in very simple situations. Not saying this situation was simple, because it's potential that someone might try it in a sneaky fashion.

Meh, Still, crazy ****.

Posted by Legend Saber

This reminds me of the time there was a bomb threat at my school. They kept everyone out front for about an hour, and by the time classes resumed 90% of the students had gone home.

Anyway, Vermont police were just doing their job.

Posted by Foppy D

Quoting Legend Saber: They kept everyone out front for about an hour, and by the time classes resumed 90% of the students had gone home.

The buses came early???

...Oh I get it their parents picked them up.