Video Game Console Usage Percentage

Posted by Big Boss

http://kotaku.com/5205249/nielsen-drops-the-ball-on-console-usage-numbers

[quote]Remember that study of video gamer habits Nielsen released earlier this week showing the Wii in third place and the Playstation 3 in seventh, last even after the GameCube and original Xbox? It was wrong.

Fast Company reports that they've been told that the graph was mislabeled. The real graph, which now appears in the official report and in the image above, shows that the Wii is in second place, after the PS2, for console usage and the PS3 is in fifth place, beating out the GameCube and original Xbox.

Posted by Red

interesting.
why is there a link to the creation of a new thread.

Posted by Big Boss

LOL, fixed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

xbox 360 triumphs again, semper microsoft

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

PS24lyfe

Posted by Speedfreak

Too band handhelds aren;t on here, I would've liked to know where DS and PSP place. And PC, for that matter.

Can't help but wonder how they gather this information, though. Was it a survey with questions like "how many hours a week do you play on X console?". I can't imagine that being particularly accurate.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

My breakdown goes something like:
Wii: 30%
360: 30%
GAMECUBE: 15%
N64: 15%
ps2: 10%
ps3: -50%
DS: 50%

That's right. I unplayed the ps3 in order to make room for the DS. Don't ask me how I did it. I don't think I could do it again.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

what the **** do you play on your wii

Posted by Red

I actually don't know of too many people who still play their PS2's that frequently. I can understad that it would be in first but, it's leading by a quite a bit.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak: Can't help but wonder how they gather this information, though. Was it a survey with questions like "how many hours a week do you play on X console?". I can't imagine that being particularly accurate.

All surveys are inaccurate really, but it's as good information as anyone is able to provide.

As for my usage, as of this year it's something like this:

PS3: 45% (SFIV)
PS2: 25% (Bunch of beat-em-ups, and PE3)
Wii: 15% (Research... I have seen some horrid things)
X360: 12%
PC: 3%

Once I get to Far Cry 2, Devil May Cry 4 and Batman: Arkham Asylum when it comes out, Xbox 360 usage should go up. However, I don't see PS2 usage going down for me any time soon. There should be some DS usage soon though, with that free game Satoru Iwata gave us at GDC, as well as Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice and the latest Advance Wars game.

Posted by Ant

Hmm, I'm going to put handhelds separate from consoles here.

360: 50%
Wii: 35%
GC: 2%
PS2: 3%

DS: 70%
PSP: 30%

In the coming months I can see the 360 gaining more of a lead as I slowly play Smash less and less(if I do) and other new games on the 360 since the Wii doesn't have very many games that interest me.

As for the handheld side of things. Probably stay about the same. Though I do have a lot of PSP games to catch up on. I just prefer the DS over it. More so now that I got a DSi.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss;939400][FONT=trebuchet ms]
X360: 12%
PC: 3%[/FONT]

Those are weird percentages to arrive at.

I'd find this survey impossible to answer, what system I play depends entirely on what one game I happen to be playing a lot of. Like, if I were to answer now, it'd be 100% PC due to the odd bout of TF2 and absolutely nothing else. I know next week it'll shift to nothing but 360 when I get my OutRun on. It'd only make sense to approximate over a large period of time, like a year, and no one's going to be able to describe that accurately.

Posted by Linko_16

This is probably a horribly inaccurate estimate, but let me guess, just for this year so far.

Wii: 30%
PS3: 25%
PS2: 10% (really ought to be playing more, got lots of backlogged games)
Gamecube: 15%
N64: 5%
Virtual Boy: 5%
SNES: 5%
NES: 5%

N64-NES probably deserve even less percentage, really, all four of them are just one or maybe two old games I sat down to play, but I wanted nice round numbers.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

xbox 360: 60%
PC: 25%
DS: 20%
wii: 5%

Posted by Red

PS3 - 70% (Disgaea 3, rockband)
PSP - 20% (Prinny)
PS2 - 8% ( KH re:CoM)
Wii - 2% (played Brawl like once for the first time in awhile)

haha wow, I feel like such a Sony fanboy.

Posted by Slade

DS: 60%
PS2: 35%
GCN: 5%

My DS gets the most play because I pick it up sometimes when I need to kill an hour or so. If I have an entire evening free then I'll continue a game on my PS2, usually. I have 4 good Gamecube games I need to beat, and about 15 for the PS1/2 plus a list of 20 or more future purchases. Honestly I could stick with these consoles be entertained for a really long time, but it bothers me that I'm missing out on the online asspects of the 360 (I enjoy yelling into headsets), as well as games like Oblivion. Unique experiences that can't be emulated anywhere else.

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X: what the **** do you play on your wii

I just picked up Marble Saga and BlastWorks, but I've been playing Chocobo's Dungeon, Okami, and Lit most recently. After I finish those, I've got to pick up Tales of Symphonia 2, MadWorld, and House of the Dead Overkill.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

xbox 360: 100%

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;939765]xbox 360: 100%i was gonna write this but i knew you'd be the only one to appreciate the humor of it but you werent here

semper xbox

but seriously, I've been playing my DS a lot lately. Since december I've played Phantom Hourglass, over 70 hours of world ends with you and 35 hours of GTA Chinatown Wars. Plus GoW II on the PS2 and now Okami.

So it's more like

DS: 45%
Xbox: 35%
PS2: 20%

Posted by Last Fog

Xbox 360: 100% ... For at least a year now.

How in the heck is the wii rising? Nothing has come out for that **** in the past year, plus now the wii craze is dying off.

still hot as ever dude. last month it sold, like, 500 thousand units.

Posted by Last Fog

Sure seems like the hype has died down, at least where I live. And I sell the things so I can tell. Although I'd like to know how much of that percentage is for wii fit.

a lot probably

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X: i was gonna write this but i knew you'd be the only one to appreciate the humor of it but you werent here

dude helloooooo

xbox: 100%

but that will change once I start playing my DS again and finishing FFXII and a couple other PS games

Quoting Last Fog:
How in the heck is the wii rising? Nothing has come out for that **** in the past year, plus now the wii craze is dying off.

The Wii's got a really good lineup this year. A Boy and His Blob, Arc Rise Fantasia, Conduit, Punch-Out, Sin & Punishment 2, Indiana Jones, and the release of the Wii Motion + with Wii Sports Resort and a bunch of others should make it much better than last year. Hopefully the original Boy and his Blob will be coming to the Virtual Console soon since I sold my NES copy, and Indiana Jones includes a PC adventure game I never got to play back in the day when it came out.

Are you ****ing kidding me? lol

Plus, that's this year. That doesn't account for it being more used now. Not to mention most wii owners won't give a **** about A boy and his blob or Arc Rise.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Prince Shondronai;940081]Wii Motion + with Wii Sports Resort hooooooooooooly **** lmao, gold

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

*a pile of straws lie sparsely on the ground, prince shondronai grabs wildly at them*

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Prince Shondronai: The Wii's got a really good lineup this year. A Boy and His Blob, Arc Rise Fantasia, Conduit, Punch-Out, Sin & Punishment 2, Indiana Jones, and the release of the Wii Motion + with Wii Sports Resort and a bunch of others should make it much better than last year. Hopefully the original Boy and his Blob will be coming to the Virtual Console soon since I sold my NES copy, and Indiana Jones includes a PC adventure game I never got to play back in the day when it came out.
Sequels to games from 2 decades ago aren't automatically good. In fact, most sequels with a generation gap suck big time. Honestly, no one with sense gives a **** about punch-out. After all, wii boxing came out at launch.

Posted by Speedfreak

To be fair, Wii's lineup is actually worth looking at this year. It's about as decent as Xbox 360's year 1 or 2 lineup (if only for Sin and Punishment 2 (fuck year)), but it's progress at least. It'll be decent eventually, I suppose.

Posted by Last Fog

Eventually? Like, just in time for the next generation of systems? Too late.

360's year 1 lineup was CoD2, Gears, Oblivion, GRAW, Splinter Cell and Rainbow. Which were all really good. The following year was Bioshock, Halo etc etc. So no, Wii's lineup does not compare.

Posted by Fate

And Viva Pinata!!

That was in the second year. Didn't even bother listing all the big games for that one. I mean, CoD4, Bioshock and Halo 3 are all you need.

Posted by Fate

GRAW, Portal, Dead Rising (I liked it), Ninja Gaiden, etc. Portal came later, though. Talk about consistency.

Posted by Speedfreak

>Ubisoft games
>SHOOTAN

I'm pretty pumped for Cave Story, Sin and Punishment, Punch-Out, Monster Hunter Tri and Final Fantasy myself. It's easy to say 360 2006 is better than Wii 2009 when the crucial holiday season is 7 months away and the major industry press event has yet to occur. There should at least be some MotionPlus stuff worth looking at that's yet to be announced.

Really, I'm gauging it on how many year 1 360 titles I own (two (one of which I actually enjoyed)) vs how many 2009 Wii titles I want (four). Short of taking the piss out of the fact that you actually prefer Lego Anything to God Hand all I can really say is this is my opinion.

Come to think of it, why not just compare Xbox 2009 to Wii 2009? Isn't the big in-joke of the year that 360 doesn't have jack?

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X: *a pile of straws lie sparsely on the ground, prince shondronai grabs wildly at them*

Poor, poor BMX. Unable to appreciate fun in video games anymore, if he/she ever did.

Posted by Fate

You know, just because a game has a gun in it doesn't mean they all play the same. :/

Posted by Speedfreak

Honestly, I know. I always defend Halo and Half-Life 2 from adjectives like "generic" from coursemates, they wouldn't know good level design if it punched them in the balls. I just think it's kind of bulls[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it to say a system had such a great year when there's a stunning lack of variety.

Posted by Fate

I don't know, just having variety doesn't mean good to me. Maybe it's just me, though. Last few games I played were Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2, and Resident Evil 5. All really similar, all really different. :/

Who gives a **** about VARIETY when the games are good. Plus, Gears and Halo are about as different as two games get with a gun involved. Same can be said for CoD.

I mean, I'd rather have shooting games left and right that are really good than variety in the form of wii games that are completely trash.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Prince Shondronai: A Boy and His Blob

Woah, why didn't I hear about that? That's some pretty exciting news, hope it's any good.

Quoting Last Fog: Eventually? Like, just in time for the next generation of systems? Too late.

The Wii came out at the end of 06; a console generation usually lasts about five years, and the Wii's only slightly older than two years old. Not that there's a guarantee that it'll shape up in the next three years, but there's time, and this year is looking better than the last.

I like the variety on the Wii. Sure there's a lot of crap, but there's a lot of unique experiences that can't be duplicated on a traditional controller, too. I'm glad I have a 360 for the important HD game releases, but buying a new Wii title excites me just as much as buying a new 360 game.

As for the Wii's lifecycle, though, I still hope Nintendo's first out of the gate for next gen. If they can put together a system more powerful than the ps3 with Wii functionality and maybe a new feature or three (like 3D glasses such as those found in movie theaters for today's CG movies or something), they'll have the opportunity to really stick it to sony and Microsoft.

There's no Wii games to buy.

And honestly, they still haven't proved the usefulness of their controller.

Posted by Ant

They should just make more games like they have on the DS. All the main games that use just the stylus work out just fine.

Posted by Unite

PS3: %50
360: %49
WII: %1 (mad world)

Yeah, you'd think they'd look to the DS for game inspiration. I mean, I have a hell of a lot of fun with my DS and those games look like **** all things considered.

Posted by WillisGreeny

50% PC
10% Wii
30% DS
10% PS2

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: There's no Wii games to buy.

sigh

[QUOTE=Vampiro V. Empire;940370]And honestly, they still haven't proved the usefulness of their controller.

Yeah, so far there hasn't been many good uses of the Wii's motion control that couldn't've been easily replicated on a regular controller. I think maybe the only excellent Wii game to use motion controller in a fun way that would be impossible without it is WarioWare Smooth Moves (and maybe Elebits, but that game is only a bit of fun) - everything else, like Mario Galaxy or Wario Land Shake It or Mario Kart, could've been dandy with normal controls. And it's retarded because, you know, what happened to all the good ****ing ideas they presented the motion control with back when it was new? The Wii still doesn't have a good sword fighting game or a really good FPS or any of that other stuff everyone was excited about around the Wii's release.

Conduit is coming, which will hopefully be the good Wii FPS we've been missing, not just another passable one.

Metroid Prime 3 was a good motion controlled game. But it would've worked as well on a couple of joysticks... so whatever.

And looking at the Conduit... idk. Haven't played it but it honestly looks like it does not improve on joystick controls at all. Which is pretty ****ing pathetic.

Posted by Linko_16

I p. much make it my business to ignore news of upcoming games at all times, but yeah, I've heard similar things about Conduit possibly not being up to snuff after all. Will suspend judgment until I get to try it.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Metroid Prime 3 was a good motion controlled game. But it would've worked as well on a couple of joysticks... so whatever.

It's not a matter of if it working just as good. But if the new control method makes the experience of controlling the character more fun. And in my opinion, it makes the experience of playing as Samus all that much more deep. Which is why it's probably my favorite of the series.

When I was but a small child, my family had an Atari 2600. I probably beat any high score there ever was on Spider Fighter, so good was I with that one-button joystick.

Then I received an NES for Christmas after nearly a year of begging for one. The NES, however, came with d-pad controllers that felt clumsy and difficult in my Atari-acclimated hands. "Why can't I play these games with a joystick?" I cried. However, not knowing that there was an NES Advantage stick available, I soon learned to Super Mario Brother like a pro (I Bobbled the hell out of some Bubbles, too) with a d-pad. There are still some games I prefer to use a joystick on, but a vast majority of 2D games are best on a d-pad now.

When the N64 (and Sega Saturn analog controller) arrived, it brought memories of that feeling back to me very vividly. I could barely control Mario on Toys R Us's demo station. Analog control came even easier to me than d-pad control had, though, and the dawn of 3D gaming was a bright one.

Now here's the Wii. Could you play many of the Wii's games with dual-analog sticks? Sure, but Super Mario Brothers could have been played on an Atari joystick if you slapped an extra button on one. If you throw down the Wiimote in disgust when you realize that you're just pointing to where you could easily move a cursor to with analog sticks, you're missing the point and you're cheating yourself of the new experience.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Super Mario Bros. clearly made the d-pad work for you.

What game is the Wii-mote's Super Mario Bros?... That's the problem

Posted by Ant

Wii Sports? That game that beat out Super Mario Bros. as the best selling game ever?

Posted by WillisGreeny

stupid Ant. I'm talking about the people here, not the world. christ.

Quoted post: It's not a matter of if it working just as good. But if the new control method makes the experience of controlling the character more fun. And in my opinion, it makes the experience of playing as Samus all that much more deep. Which is why it's probably my favorite of the series.

It's the best of the series because you don't have to deal with a ****ty little nub of a c-stick. Not to mention it's a really different game. It's a better game no matter what controls it uses. So it's inherently more fun.

Quoted post: Wii Sports? That game that beat out Super Mario Bros. as the best selling game ever?

The game that's in-box? I assume you meant wii play. In which case it sells so ****ing well because it comes with a cheap as **** wiimote plus a game.

Posted by Ant

SMB1 came packaged with the NES and it's record still stood. Don't see why it would be any different for Wii Sports. Still answers his question either way.

Pretty much a bull**** record. In-box games shouldn't count since they're essentially free.

Posted by Ant

Hell, they should almost count as more. Considering some people actually bought the **** thing just for that game.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Bull **** answer too since I don't see anybody here completely hooked on motion controls because of wii sports.

Posted by Ant

Why the **** would people have to be "hooked" on motion controls? It just provides another means of control. And if sales mean anything it would seem as if people prefer the motion control method over traditional methods. However, that don't mean **** if it doesn't have games to back. Which at current, there isn't much to look forward to, and probably why sales are dipping dramactically in Japan.

Posted by WillisGreeny

You're completely off what I'm talking about that it's starting to get funny. I'm referring to people here, specifically people that had played Super Mario Bros. before the Wii. The transistion from the joystick to the d-pad was clear because of Super Mario Bros. for THOSE people, while the transistion from the d-pad to the motion controls isn't so clear because there hasn't been a big wow game to impress the original gaming market.

Case and Point: What you're doing right now proves it. Tell me why you're arguing in favor of the wii-mote if it's so widely accepted by the original market?

Posted by Ant

To prove a point? idk why I do anything.

Quoted post: And if sales mean anything it would seem as if people prefer the motion control method over traditional methods.

Which makes sense. The controls look easier and the games that sell well are pretty basic. No 60 year-old is going to pick up CoD and stick with it because it's too complicated. I mean, girls can barely use two joysticks let alone someone in their twilight years. But that doesn't mean they control better or those same people would actually find them more easier to control if they could figure out traditional controls. It's just traditional controls have too big a barrier. But immediate ease of use clearly isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Posted by Fate

It's not that they prefer it, they just don't want to take the time to learn the controller that console gamers have become accustomed to over the years. Seriously, new gamers must be intimidated as all hell just looking at non-Wii controllers. They see Wii commercials that require movement that almost anybody can do and the DS commercials show a taptaptap where the same thing can be said.

It's just ignorance. Not stupidity, ignorance.

I think it's an inability to teach yourself the proper finger movements at the later stages of your life. I honestly don't expect anyone old to be able to figure out how to manipulate two sticks in two different directions without looking down. Not to mention four shoulder buttons and eight face buttons. They're past that stage in their life when that stuff is easily picked up and stored for subconscious use.

Basing this off trying to teach 60 year-olds how to use a mouse and keyboard. I honestly think it's beyond their mental capacity for most of them and even if they do have the ability it's too frustrating an experience to stick with it. And that's for something they need to learn. Not something that's supposed to be fun.

Posted by Linko_16

Agreed with everything said in the past couple of posts. Why do you think everyone, even people who would never play any other kind of videogame for any reason, seems to be into Guitar Hero/Rock Band? Because those ****ing controllers are so ****ing cool and anyone can understand how to play them. For the Wii, it's the same: oh, I swing the remote to swing my baseball bat? I can't possibly hurt my brain trying to do that.

I think it's a part of why gaming can still be stigmatized. "Gee, this perplexing controller has, what, eight whole buttons, and you can use all of them perfectly while I'm over here banging on it like I'm trying to play with hooves or something? You must be a huge nerd for spending all of an hour getting used to using this thing." To people who don't play, controllers seem way more complicated and intimidating than they actually are.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's not really that people who don't play games are stupid or lazy, we certainly never started with the kind of controllers we've ended up with. We started off with NES, Genesis and Gameboys, that's a D-Pad and 2-3 buttons. A controller that simple is actually pretty intuitive because it's so limited. What the Wii remote is supposed to do is give people that same level of intuitiveness without forcing the games to be as basic as Super Mario Bros or Tetris. In terms of controller functions Wii Sports is much deeper than either of those. Whether or not the game itself is simpler or deeper is another matter altogether (it's not, it's actually more complicated and shallower).

But it doesn't matter, because at least when they play it they feel like they can do something. The exact same goes for Guitar Hero, it's little more than extremely expensive eletronic Simon Says with some incredibly vague connection to music, and any retard can play Simon Says.

Posted by Fate

For some reason I feel like somehow, some way, all those buttons help make an intricate game. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I'm playing with some ancient controller when I'm on the Wii and it's not fun.

Someday I want to see some really good **** with virtual reality-- the novelty of moving IRL to mimic stuff on the screen (even the mimicking is mostly based on preset animations that you just trigger) isn't exciting to me. Give me something else. Give me 3D with a game built for high def or something. Make me immersed. Make me care. ****, you can sell me a cool peripheral if you want while you're at it.

Saying there needs to be one game to open up the Wiimote's control like Super Mario Brothers did for the d-pad isn't really fair, since Wiimote controls can work so differently from one game to another. WarioWare would come the closest to demonstrating the most examples, though.

People are thinking too much was my point, I think. If you stop thinking "Why couldn't they just do what I think I want?" and open yourself up to just having some fun with the system, it's a lot easier to enjoy it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Prince Shondronai;940549]People are thinking too much was my point, I think. If you stop thinking "Why couldn't they just do what I think I want?" and open yourself up to just having some fun with the system, it's a lot easier to enjoy it.give me some games to have fun with it, first.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate;940548][COLOR=skyblue]For some reason I feel like somehow, some way, all those buttons help make an intricate game. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I'm playing with some ancient controller when I'm on the Wii and it's not fun.

Someday I want to see some really good **** with virtual reality-- the novelty of moving IRL to mimic stuff on the screen (even the mimicking is mostly based on preset animations that you just trigger) isn't exciting to me. Give me something else. Give me 3D with a game built for high def or something. Make me immersed. Make me care. ****, you can sell me a cool peripheral if you want while you're at it.[/COLOR]

Wii games aren't as fun not because they don't use as much buttons, but because they're just plain not as good. There's nothing on the system that stands up to something as simple and well-designed as Gears of War. Even Super Mario Galaxy is chock-full of garbage level design.

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X: give me some games to have fun with it, first.

These are all of the ones I've found to be worthwhile with Wiimote controls of one kind or another:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Super Paper Mario
Dragon Warrior Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Deadly Creatures
Rune Factory Frontier
Animal Crossing
Zack & Wiki
MadWorld
WarioLand Shake It
WarioWare
Wii Sports (bowling and golf)
Wii Play (billiards and laser hockey)
deBlob
Gundam Sensen 0079
BlastWorks
Kororinpa Marble Mania
Kororinpa Marble Saga
Trauma Center
Okami
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
House of the Dead Overkill
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Dewy's Adventure
Boom Blox
Super Swing Golf 1 & 2
Red Steel
Sam & Max
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
Lost Winds
World of Goo
Lit
StrongBad's Cool Game for Attractive People (if you meet the requirement)

Games that are worthwhile but don't use Wiimote controls (or at least not well):

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
NiGHTS
MegaMan 9

Some of the games up there are only worth what they cost now...but they cost that much now, so who cares?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

That's a big list, but it can be broken apart pretty easily:

[quote=Prince Shondronai;940571]
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
House of the Dead Overkill
Good games on the Wii that I've played. All relatively enjoyable, though only only Brawl and SMG were particularly outstanding.

[quote]Dragon Warrior Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Deadly Creatures
Rune Factory Frontier
deBlob
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Dewy's Adventure
Zack & Wiki
MadWorld
WarioLand Shake It
Boom Blox

Games on the Wii I'm genuinely interested in playing, but haven't yet.

[quote]MegaMan 9
Trauma Center
Okami
Animal Crossing
WarioWare
Sam & Max
World of Goo
StrongBad's Cool Game for Attractive People
Good games that can be played on other consoles. Not selling points for the Wii.
[quote]
Wii Sports (bowling and golf)
Wii Play (billiards and laser hockey)
Gundam Sensen 0079
BlastWorks
Kororinpa Marble Mania
Kororinpa Marble Saga
Super Swing Golf 1 & 2
Red Steel
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
NiGHTS
Lost WindsDon't kid yourself. NiGHTs? Red Steel? lmao

So actually the list - for me, personally - is only 16 games long. I own a Wii and I genuinely want it to flourish, but come on. It's awful.

Posted by Linko_16

You can play WarioWare on other systems?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

true, you cant play an exact replica of warioware wii on other consoles but its by far the worst entry in the franchise

Posted by Unite

okami is better on ps2

Posted by Linko_16

Huh, I disagree. I really liked Smooth Moves. Plus, wasn't My Life as a King pretty well reviewed? I always wanted to try it.

But other than that, yeah, I agree with you. I feel like I could walk into any Nintendo studio and find all their top developing minds sitting around playing cards or something.

EDIT - crap, now I want to try Wii Okami for myself. Kind of assumed that if they were going to put motion controls in, they'd do it, you know, well, this is the first I've heard that they're not up to snuff.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Linko_16;940582][COLOR=indigo]Huh, I disagree. I really liked Smooth Moves. Plus, wasn't My Life as a King pretty well reviewed? I always wanted to try it.[/COLOR]the fact you have to pay for the levels separate is Really Gay

Quoting BLUNTMASTER X:
Don't kid yourself. NiGHTs? Red Steel? lmao

So actually the list - for me, personally - is only 16 games long. I own a Wii and I genuinely want it to flourish, but come on. It's awful.

NiGHTS is awesome, as are the Kororinpa games, Chocobo's Dungeon, BlastWorks, Gundam, Super Swing Golf, and Lost Winds. And as I said, Red Steel and Sonic are worth the mere pittance you'd pay for them now. At least give 'em a rent if you haven't played them yet. You have no one to blame for not liking games you haven't played but yourself.

Posted by jenniferXT

I prefer xbox first and then PS3....

Posted by Unite

hmm some quick pics i took

ps2, ds and psp
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4608/ps2.jpg

ps3
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9662/ps3j.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1432/360x.jpg

wii
http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wiis.jpg

Posted by Speedfreak

Your Wii library is 3 times the size of mine. What the hell are you playing?

Posted by Ant

and DS library surprisingly small.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, what's that about? And why no Monster Hunter? It's like the only game on PSP actually worth having.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: Your Wii library is 3 times the size of mine. What the hell are you playing?

The last wii game i played was mad world and that was like month ago. The other wii games haven't touched in couple of months.

Been playing

Valkyria Chronicles /PS3
Dynasty warriors Gundam 2 /360
Resident evil 5 ps3/360
star ocean / psp

Reason i don't have a lot of ds/psp games is because I'm not really a fan of portable games. I took my psp to Europe last month just to play on flight there but ended up sleeping the whole way.

Posted by Speedfreak

Star Ocean sucks, stop playing bad JRPGs, get Monster Hunter!

Posted by Unite

Ill buy this game monster hunter and give it a shot.

Posted by Speedfreak

I mean it's the most popular PSP game in Japan and you're the practically the biggest Japanophile on the board, I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Speedfreak;942145]Star Ocean sucks, stop playing bad JRPGs, get Monster Hunter!
Vampiro: give it three months and you'll be hating on monster hunter, you are a tool

Posted by WillisGreeny

Nah, Vamp would have made a dig at JRPGs too while insulting Speedy. It's his style to make conglomerate insults like that.

Vampiro: No such thing as a good JRPG.

See? Vamp then establishes JRPG's suckage while at the same time indirectly calls Speedy stupid.