The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Posted by Slade

[youtube=DH9yOh9dsy8]DH9yOh9dsy8[/youtube]

choo choo!

Posted by maian

Epic disappointment. Does that mean it looks bad? No. On the contrary, it actually looks pretty fscking awesome. But, I'm finally playing through PH right now, and I'll admit, it's fun. But while it's fun, I'd still so much rather prefer analog controls. Forcing a player to play an entire game with a stylus is stupid and redundant to me. Many will disagree, but it's just my opinion. I have no doubt I'll definitely have a lot of fun, but it sure would be awesome if we could at least choose our control scheme.

...That being said, it looks like an interesting title as far as Zelda canon goes. I haven't finished PH, so I'm not sure what happens or how it ends, but I'm wondering if Nintendo is going to put any effort to connect this Zelda to any others, as opposed to saying "zelda with a train let's run with it". It's interesting to see Princess Zelda in there instead of Tetra, though I'm not quite sure what to think about the train idea. I absolutely loved the world of WW, and it certainly didn't feel medieval like previous titles such as OOT did. However, I feel like the inclusion of a train could potentially push that too far.

Posted by maian

also WHERE THE HELL IS OUR NEW WII ZELDA THAT'S SUPPOSEDLY BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT FOR THREE YEARS NOW COUGH IT UP NINTENDO WE HATE YOU

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Nintendo'll announce the new Wii Zelda at E3, I hope, although maybe they'll feel like they don't have to since they have a new DS game out there. Tokyo Game Show, in that case.

I'm not too crazy about the locomotive idea myself, but Phantom Hourglass was a solid game, and like you said, I'm sure I'll have fun with this one as well. At least the dungeons still operate on the concept of running around and slashing everything in sight with a sword. Plus you get helper robots sometimes, apparently.

Posted by riolumaster

when is it out

Posted by Ant

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess October of this year. (that's when PH came out) Also interesting is how they announced PH at GDC, as well.

Having just played PH I'll have to say I'm probably in the same boat as maian, if not quite as ambivalent about the whole thing. Should be fun!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i think it's p. awesome that they're taking the series in a kinda-new direction but sticking with the best visual style from gaming in like 100000 billion years

Posted by maian

I think they need to find a way to separate Link's hair from his face when it's not a frontal view.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

So does this mean they actually found some giant continent?

Posted by Slade

For some reason the above post made me laugh hard. I'm definitely going to play Phantom Hourglass, and using the power of the stylus, make the Temple parts not as frustrating. I need a game that ends in kind of a fun way since lately everything's been drawing itself out too long.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

need more games like portal. long enough to appreciate it all the nuances of gameplay, but not so long that you wanna stab yourself in an eye

Posted by maian

Playing PH gave me a strong desire to go back and play Wind Waker

dear lord I forgot how amazing this game is

Posted by starwolf559

ha! i loved the phantom hourglass but had a really weird ending but yet i hope the come out with one where you can face a boss then you can interact with a mirror or portal and you can go back and re fight the boss. i really liked to fight bellum on the phantom hourglass. but now you can control phantoms??!?!?!?!?!? sweet!!! im really gonna have alot of fun with this game!