Moderation Reassignment

Posted by Ant

Since the previous idea of a board revamp was killed, I'm guessing the next best thing would be a complete overhaul of our current/dead moderators in exchange for members on the site who still actually visit here. Now I'm not saying we should allow anyone to just gain a moderator spot, but I can think of better people than say, kodachi or hyper, to be in charge of certain boards.

So in keeping this brief, here's a list of people who need to be demodded. These members are all inactive/nonposters whom we don't need on the list:
Alastor
Hyper
Kodachi
Pete
Lameboyadvance
MetalVox~55
Ferry
Pit

If they should decide to ever come back and want their positions back it will be decided upon then.

So, that leaves myself, Fate, maian, Prince Shondronai, Stalolin, and Zeta.
I'm just going to throw it out there and say I should just moderate more boards. The same goes for Fate, maian, and maybe Zeta if they want/are willing. Stalolin should at least get his position back for Megaman and maybe more. I'm not sure about Prince, since I've never spoken to him or seen him DO anything moderator related, but he hasn't done anything wrong either. However, these few members I don't think should be in charge of all these boards. With that said, we need to open the grounds to other members to gain position.

Our current Super Mod team is alright, even though I think we could do without a few, I'm sure they'd make a fuss and I don't want to deal with that s[COLOR="Lime"]hi[/COLOR]t right now.

That's all I'll say for now and we can discuss thing from here. Any input at all would be welcome since it'd be nice to improve things around here for once.

Posted by Fate

If we could vote, I'd vote yes.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Like I said a few months ago, never listen to an Ant!!! Just with in da last week I deleted some inactive mods, but n00bie ants never notice it when I actually do something!!! :rolleyes: :D

er, how about I de-mod Vampiro V. Empire since 99% of da time he's not here!! :D:D:D

Posted by Ant

which inactive mods did you delete?

Posted by Linko_16

Is Zeta even around anymore? Or am I just stupid and he blends into the rest of VGC to me somehow?

But, yeah, I think some of the mods mentioned have explicitly stated that they've left VGC (Dan, and I think Hyper).

Some are people who are not so active but still come around from time to time, although rarely. Kodachi, for instance, is someone I know still shows up sometimes and just doesn't post. Unfortunately, because she doesn't post, I don't know how often she shows up to lurk, so I guess it's up to her to make her own defense of how she's been doing as a mod.

And, uh, lameboy is a relatively active member and diligent mod, he just never leaves the Virtual Boy forum. He should probably be let off the hook.

That's my input, anyway.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Zeta is still here. Mega lurker though.

And if you deleted inactive mods might as well go through with the rest of them like Kod, hyper and prince. And Ant should be the mod of all game boards

Posted by Ant

One of, I think, would be a better way of putting it. It really wouldn't hurt to get some new blood in here. Any ideas on who would make good mods?

I honestly think X would make a good mod. Keep in mind moderation in DA is an entirely separate matter than the rest of the boards (think of me, for example)

Posted by Ant

His posting as of late has been complete **** and I would have deleted at least half of his posts.

Posted by Linko_16

If we got some kind of vow from X that he was going to take the job seriously I could see it. I know what Ant is saying, that he's quick to be completely goofy and can be a jerk to less, uh, socially acceptable members, but how a guy acts when he's just paling around can be different from how he'd act when he has a serious responsibility. Might be worthwhile to just ask him, I think he'd be the type to answer truthfully about whether or not he would man up to it. He's one of the most active players on the site with a real interest in videogames, so he would be an asset if he could commit to being responsible.

On the other hand, sometimes having a controversial mod just leads to fights, so it might also be a good idea to make due with someone else.

Posted by Jesse Smith

*cough*April Fools Day.*cough* Can we do those Super Moderator polls again!!! :D:D:D:D:D

er, I vote WackoHater for Super Moderator!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Ant

Quoting Linko_16: If we got some kind of vow from X that he was going to take the job seriously I could see it. I know what Ant is saying, that he's quick to be completely goofy and can be a jerk to less, uh, socially acceptable members, but how a guy acts when he's just paling around can be different from how he'd act when he has a serious responsibility. Might be worthwhile to just ask him, I think he'd be the type to answer truthfully about whether or not he would man up to it. He's one of the most active players on the site with a real interest in videogames, so he would be an asset if he could commit to being responsible.

On the other hand, sometimes having a controversial mod just leads to fights, so it might also be a good idea to make due with someone else.

I know he's not an idiot, and I like him enough when he's just joking around but it gets to be a bit much sometimes. And honeslty, there aren't too many other members we can choose from. The X, Angelwing, Omni, and I don't even know who else. But if they were able to take an interest in their perspective areas and foster activity to the best of their ability then I don't see why it wouldn't hurt to add them or others as moderators.

Quoting Jesse Smith: *cough*April Fools Day.*cough* Can we do those Super Moderator polls again!!! :D:D:D:D:D

er, I vote WackoHater for Super Moderator!!! :D:D:D:D:D

no one new has joined to even have this work.

I know Omni is all for the music board. So I'd seriously consider that as an option.

Posted by Ant

Any other positions he would want? Perhaps a couple other off-topic boards?

idk, I'll find out tomorrow. Probably though.

Posted by Ant

**** it, I just made threads for the three of them.

I also just thought that maybe coromoro might want a position back? I mean he's been a mod before and is fairly active again so I don't really see why not.

what did he mod? Because if we have you and x modding games that pretty much covers it.

Posted by Ant

gamecube/gba. same I do currently. though he could take some of the other game specific boards or off-topic. or I could. whichever.

you might as well just mod it as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by Ant

right now I'm thinking the more the merrier.

doesn't make a difference to me either way I guess if that's the case.

Posted by Stalolin

Megaman board doesn't get ANY activity anymore, and if we're ever going to shrink the number of forums we've got, it'll probably get sacked. I'd be fine with modding something, but I don't know what I really frequent enough. I'll check around and see if I can come up with any place I'd want to mod.

edit: Actually, if Fate doesn't want the anime board anymore, I'll take it. And I can probably watch over Computer Games, seeing as that's all I play anymore.

Posted by Fate

I'm still pretty cool with that board. I read a lot of manga and hardly ever watch anime, so you can have it if you want.

Posted by Linko_16

One upside to being stuck with so many inactive game boards is that if any spamming does crop up, it'll be pretty noticeable from the front page from the sudden spike of activity. So, even if Jesse won't let us get rid of them, Super Mods are probably still all it'll take to keep them clean.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linko_16: One upside to being stuck with so many inactive game boards is that if any spamming does crop up, it'll be pretty noticeable from the front page from the sudden spike of activity.

What da wacko!!! A non-ant actually finds a plus to da video game boards!!! :eek:

Posted by Linko_16

It's not a plus to the game boards, more like a silver lining.

Posted by maian

I agree completely. I was actually considering making this thread. If anyone cares, I'd be down for modding more game boards. I still usually post daily, even if it's just one or two posts a day. Like 85% of my posts are in the game boards these days, so I'm always open to that.

What I really want though, is more active mods, and less inactive ones, as Ant said. I say demod Ant's list, and for sure consider his three nominations (guess I should check those threads first). I'd say we should consider more, but since more than half of this site's boards are dead, most of them don't require moderation.

Posted by Linko_16

Change is coming to VGC.

Yes we can.

Posted by Ant

10 millions hours in mspaint

Posted by Linko_16

Stupid spur-of-the-moment art ideas: always worth staying up even later to fulfill.

A condensed forum is a long time coming, but that would be getting ahead of ourselves (well, jesse.)

Posted by Jesse Smith

*Is still waiting for new moderator polls.* :D:D:D:D

Posted by Ant

We're still seeing who wants what positions.

We know what Omni wants, it's just a matter of nailing down Lisa and Coro.

Posted by Ant

she said she wanted Playstation, Xbox, and Literature.

as for coro, I'm unsure.

ALSO, Corrupt said he might be interested in Smash, and music. but he said he'll think about it. so not sure on that one.

Surprised he wants to be a mod. What with wiping out boards and not seeming to really care that much.

Posted by S

Wing, Corrupt and Omni have my support as Mods. Surprised at Corrupt's change of heart, though.

Posted by Ant

okay can we at least start things off here by giving angelwing her boards?

Posted by Linko_16

Sorry, Jesse, I'll be in class pretty much all day tomorrow.

Posted by Ant

what does that have to do with anything?

Posted by Jesse Smith

That's a *bump* for those of you in Rio Linda!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Kodachi

Yeah, I'm pretty much not needed.
or active
or alive

hey jesse, you should get on top of this.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er, but da current mods are way too active to de-mod!!! :D:D:D:D

way too active: pop in once a year to complain vgc is dead and how they're still mods

Posted by Jesse Smith

LOL!!! Looks who's talking!! Da person saying I should de-mod da inactives...iz one of da inactives himself!!! You come and spend five days making 300 posts...then leave for a month...come back for a few days...!!! Can I start da de-moding with you??!!! :D:D:D

er, like I always say, they always come back!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Ant

what the **** is your problem? you used to actually do this stuff all the time.

Posted by S

I wonder where Klarth has been?
And so the cycle resets itself.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er...er...er...your an ant, and I learned long ago...not to listen to ants!!! And it was an ant that made da suggestion!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Ant: you used to actually do this stuff all the time.

Was this while I was gone?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Remember, he's an ant!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Ant

I'm pretty much convinced you're going out of your way now to kill the site. Not sure why, but that's the feeling I get.

Posted by Ant

holy ****ing **** you did something! WOW! GOOD JOB!!

Posted by Jesse Smith

:yawn:

And how many years does it take for ants to notice??!! :D:D:D

Posted by Stalolin

who will be reassigned now

WHO WILL STAY

WHO WILL DIE

Posted by Omni

I hope that you get your **** back, 'lolin.

Posted by Stalolin

I do as well, but I'm sure Klarth is going to kill off quite a few of the extraneous boards we've got. At that point it will come down to one moderator per section because of the little activity we have now. That's going to be a huge limiting factor for moderators, even more so because niche boards are either going to be subforums or dead, and it's hard to moderate something you don't post in or look at.

Posted by Omni

He actually told me that it will probably start out with a few super mods and then eventually dedicated board mods once we have enough traffic to justify it.

Posted by maian

Eh, I don't see much reason in killing regular board mods. The site may be slow, yes, but hell, I'm sure the presence of some normal mods would help boost our image. Having no mods just makes it look more dead.

Here's hoping Art and Graphics is kept alive, since Zelda sure as hell probably won't be. Though if I had my way, I'd be interested in modding some more game boards, like Sony or General Gaming. I guess we'll all find out when Klarth takes ownership.

Posted by Fate

I wouldn't mind Xbox or PlayStation to mod.

Posted by Omni

I'll bet that The X and Angelwing will mod those two boards if anyone does.

Posted by Fate

Likely, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, but it's obviously just a scam that Klarth and Jesse are pulling, so there's no use in even having this discussion. Remember?

Posted by Stalolin

Let's drop that now, because Fate doesn't seem to care about it anymore. And she's been attacked enough for it now.

Plus, we don't know who we're going to be working with, if we're going to be working at all on the boards. Don't start anything to make someone leave before Klarth even has the board.

Posted by Fate

Just to make a defense, Omni, I will address you. I never said that it was a scam, and if I implied it I can assure you of two things: I didn't mean any serious implication (everyone is so serious around here now, jeez), and that I wouldn't care if it was.

I'm not leaving because of a misunderstanding, and I'm certainly not leaving because of badposters.

Posted by Omni

I'm pretty sure that I was being facetious, but thanks for taking the time to reply anyway. Anyone who was going to leave because of bad posters would have left years ago.

I talked to Klarth yesterday and he said he's leaving the structure of the boards mostly the same for a little while, but that it will definitely change once he works out exactly what he wants to do.