Final Fantasy XIII

Posted by buddha

So I have been reading up on ffxiii and analysed the website and trailer releases and think it looks really good, graphically its a stunner (as always) but one cant help but wonder whether it will live up to the hype. Ive played most of the games (4 to 12 anyway) and loved most of them though I think they lost their way with 12. So anyway wondering what all your thoughts are and the kind of direction their going to take the nest installment in this awesum series :)

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I read not too long ago that the battle system in FFXIII is similar to Chrono Cross's, in which case I will hate the game with nearly as much passion as I hate that game. I'll give FFXIII a fair shake, though, before I deem it garbage.

Posted by WillisGreeny

It seems to be taking forever to finish, slowly crippeling what little interest I still have to keep playing games within the Final Fantasy franchise. Ever sinse Square and Disney hooked up for Kingdom Hearts I can't help but notice their similarities. It feels disgusting playing a game that trys to please everyone. Nothing wrong with doing that, ofcourse, just that a little change in art style wouldn't be such a bad thing. Ontop of the mainstreamness JRPGs are now getting, I really am fed up with girly-boy bad guys and darkness **** spreading over stuff.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Similar to Chrono Cross? I'll love it all the more. Still need to finish FFXII oops.

If'n ya like staring at the battle menu instead of the actual battle for fear of losing a chance at a killer combo, Vamp, that's great. I'm happy for you. Me? I think it's the video game equivalent of brushing your teeth with iron filings and washing it down with pig vomit.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Prince Shondronai: If'n ya like staring at the battle menu instead of the actual battle for fear of losing a chance at a killer combo, Vamp, that's great.

Success!

Anyway, I've never played Chrono Cross, but the videos of FFXIII look pretty cool. I'll probably get it if I have a 360 by then. :cool2:

Quoting coromoro: Success!

Hmm? That isn't just Vamp making his name make even less sense than before? Ah, well.

Posted by coromoro

Heh, maybe... :cool:

Anyway, why was Chrono Cross's battle system so terrible? Did you actually have to stare at the battle menu all the time? Could you go into more detail?

Posted by WillisGreeny

He's talking about the sub-menus a player has to shuffle through inorder to do anything. I didn't find that part as damaging as how they completely ****ed up the story line.

[youtube=bK325BLaN-M]bK325BLaN-M[/youtube]