xbox dead again

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah, I got the Red Ring of Death, or 3 lights. Can't even get onto the dashboard. ****! :(

I think it only lasted like 3 months.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

dude, that blows. 3 months is p. good though

I guess I should renew my warranty this summer once it's up.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah, my brother did the hot towel trick, but we all know that won't keep it going for long.

About the warranty; I thought that, after getting it repaired once would get me that 3 year warranty. Anyways I didn't have it. :( Oh well, RRoD is free for repair anyways.

hmm, I know they extended my original warranty by a year or so. But yeah, your rrod is covered. Except you won't have an xbox for a month or more!

Posted by Crazy K

When it happened to me the first time it didn't take a long time, maybe like 3 or so weeks. Which is still long.

Posted by Random

That blows. I've had the same problem. Microsoft fixes it luckily. Funny thing though.. I thought they fixed this? I bought a second one at Wal Mart and i'm having similar issues before I recieved the ring of death. I'll just abuse my Wal mart return policy and get another.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah it blows. I'm thinking about slipping a little note saying that I was it repaired correctly this time, or a whole new system when I send my 360 off to get repaired. I heard that they just re-solder all of the parts of the motherboard that melted away. But yeah, my brother's in luck, my friend's letting us borrow his 360 for a while until we get ours back.

I would call microsoft and ***** for a brand new xbox as opposed to slipping a note.

Posted by Random

Actually I don't even think they bother repairing them? I'm pretty sure they just send back a refurb.. gay..

I know in canada you'll only get a refurbished back. That takes about a month. Just think how long it would take for them to fix your original. They should just send out brand new ones if you've had to have it fixed more than once.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=Angelwing;934004]I know in canada you'll only get a refurbished back. That takes about a month. Just think how long it would take for them to fix your original. They should just send out brand new ones if you've had to have it fixed more than once.

Yeah I agree. A brand new system would be wonderful, or hell a new motherboard or something. I know someone who sent there's in four times already.

You should try *****ing to microsoft, see what happens.

Posted by Crazy K

I might just do that. The thing is, tech support usually sucks ***.

Posted by Random

Oh by tech support, you mean Calcutta India?

Posted by Fate

Three rings means it could be your adaptor. Borrow a friend's and see if it works.

Posted by Crazy K

I'm currently borrowing my friends 360, and it works fine. I'm using all of my connections on his 360.

Plus I did that hot towel trick, and it worked for a couple days.

Posted by kayanat

How to setup xbox live with a wireless network adaptor?
Ive attached my wireless network adaptor to my xbox 360 but when i test my xbox live connection it says - network adaptor disconnected ive checked that it is fitted propley, and i am near to my rooter (3 to 4 meters away), why?? PLEASE!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

just take it back to the store. pretty much everywhere but gamestop takes that **** back if it's under a year.

Posted by Crazy K

My sister originally owned it, and she had it for around 2 or so years. I already had it for a year myself.

Anyways I requested a repair about a week and a half ago, and I've yet to receive the box.

Whoa, that's an old box dude. Like, a record.

Box should've been there in about three days though. Unless you're far away from the repair centre.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah, kind of wish I got a new system last year instead, oh well.

But yeah, still have yet to receive the box. I'm guessing the repair center is in California?

Also on the repair status site it says "Invalid tracking number", so maybe they lost it or just haven't updated me yet.

just get a new box. arcade is hecka cheap

Posted by Crazy K

I could do that, sell the 360 over ebay, and then grab the arcade.

But I heard the arcade version tends to die pretty easy.

Arcades are the exact same as the pro, just without the hard drive. Only reason people would say that is bad experiences with arcades, which they'd likely get with the pro, they just don't know it. Plus, both are updated now with quieter, stronger drives, better quality chips and the arcade has onboard memory. So they've vastly improved.

Posted by Crazy K

I'll still get the 360 repaired, but maybe sell it over E-bay after. My friend is currently letting me borrow his 360, so I can wait.

Posted by Crazy K

So yeah, 360 died again. This time I can't even load up games. But yeah, I'm more focused on saving up for a laptop.

Good thing I didn't try to sell that ****, I'd be ****ed.

****! What should I do?

Posted by Corrupt

[quote=Crazy K]What should I do?

Stay Cool

...I'm afraid I don't have anything else in the way of advice to give, sorry :(

Posted by Crazy K

Already requested a repair. Most likely will slip a note in the box to ***** about it.

Posted by Stalolin

i have had my box since about 3 months after release

it has not broken on me yet

then again

i haven't used it anywhere near as much as you guys have

Posted by Crazy K

My brother plays CoD4 for hours. So that obviously isn't good for it.

Get it repaired, buy an arcade in the meantime if you're desperate. *****ing to ms through a note isn't going to do anything. Calling them up would be slightly better, but I doubt anything will come of it.

Or play Baldur's Gate II on your laptop in the meantime.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

arent the 360 refurb centres for america in mexico? spics cant read

Posted by Crazy K

Texas I believe. :(

Posted by gerryscotty

to me is broken console last summer! Time passes quickly! soon return to play!