Downloadable game content taxed in the worst possible state...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

The one I'm living in:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172999

A pox upon everyone in this state who votes democrat.

Posted by Ant

Normally California and New Jersey are the only two states that get screwed on these sort of things and end up paying taxes for everything. FEEL OUR PAIN!

Posted by final kaoss

Reading this makes me wonder if & when WoW is going to start charging for extra content + the $15 a month...

Posted by maian

Haha, oh wow, that REALLY blows. Except honestly, there's not really a reason to even complain about this with DLC. Most DLC hardly ever costs more than $10, and that's what, a 50 cent tax? Come on now.

I would, however, be angered with this if I ever wanted to make some kind of big purchase online, since it applies to all digital purchases. While it could be, uh, "unfair" that you don't get taxed online, shipping more than makes up for it in most instances. But whatever. I don't live in WI and I use my Target discount for big purchases anyway.

Sucks to be you. :cookie:

Posted by Synth2012

Wisconsiners should go all Boston Tea Party on their asses.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Ah ****. If Winsconsin does it, then it's only a matter of time before Iowa follows it up with an even more stupid law.

Posted by Speedfreak

Either say you're not from Wisconsin or use a proxy. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Posted by final kaoss

Um no. That's what is called fraud.

Quoting Speedfreak: Either say you're not from Wisconsin or use a proxy. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Posted by Speedfreak

That's a point, what if you downloaded something out of state and then brought it in?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

It's dumb, but I can't feel sorry for you when I pay 12% on anything taxable. Can't wait to see what Canada does.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

it's less than the tax rate (I think) for everything else, so I don't mind.