SAKURAIIIII!

Posted by maian

...Is coming back to Nintendo. Or whatever. [url=http://www.mywii.com.au/NewsDetail.aspx?id=3194&ref=goog]Link.[/url] Sora Ltd. Is becoming Project Sora, and is becoming a first party developer for Nintendo, apparently, with Sakurai at the lead. This probably means that future Smash titles will be developed by him, and they're already working on a new game apparently, that's "different from anything we've played until now."

New IP? Could be. I honestly don't really care though until they start making a new Smash :(

Posted by O.T.L

Unlike anything I have experienced until now!?

I've got a boner!

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

oh *** no

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

didn't sakurai say brawl was the last super smash bros

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also, who honestly wants another smash bros. brawl provided everything we could freaking want but somehow still only got played by me for a couple of months. perhaps i have evolved to real men's fighting games now

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

*does a double jump and throws an exploding capsule at this thread*

Posted by maian

Actually, I agree to an extent. SSBB did a lot, but idk, I'd like to see how it would progress in the hands of another developer. Melee kept me entertained for several years, and I didn't even REALLY get into it until a few years after its release. I'm already pretty tired of Brawl, and it hasn't even been out a year. Maybe a new developer could bring it back to its uh, "roots".

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the game has run its course p. much. sakurai doesnt want to be a serious fighting game, when that's what actually gave melee a lot of its longevity. brawl kinda sucks because it's difficult to have a balls-to-the-wall fight without some ****ty gimmick ****ing it up and then when you try to play with the regular settings, items included, it gets irritatingly unfair. smash balllllllllllls

Posted by Proto Man

X is right.

IMO Smash Brothers getting online was the climax. You really can't go much farther than that.

I'd like to see a new IP, and anything with Sakurai is pure win!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

why didnt they have a special meter or some ****... i dont know. would have been better

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting The X: why didnt they have a special meter or some ****... i dont know. would have been better

Nah, I like the Smash Ball. It makes it interesting, everyone making a mad dash for it etc...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it kinda blows my mind that brawl gave us everything we wanted but was relegated to the sands of gaming time so quickly

perhaps it's a subtle commentary by sakurai on our desires and goals as humans... our humanity comes from our strive for perfection... but when we achieve perfection... we do not want it... for our lives are without purpose...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

p.s. smash balls are queer

Posted by maian

I agree. I can care less about Melee's SUPER EXPLOITAVE gameplay, because I never even used wavedashing or any other kind of "advanced techniques". It just took itself more seriously as a competitive game. Brawl has barely any good levels (most of which are plagued with hazards), ridiculously unbalanced game-throwing items, and of course, the Smash Ball.

In my opinion, the game just relies too much on outside influences, and NOT on the actual gameplay to provide fun.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting maian: Brawl has barely any good levels (most of which are plagued with hazards)...

Yeah there are only a few levels I liked. I find myself mostly playing the melee levels such as The Temple.

Posted by maian

Yeah, only a few good Brawl ones for me. And the ones that AREN'T hazard-ridden are usually pretty boring, like Yoshi's Island or Smashville. I like those levels on Brawl, but they're generic and bland compared to Melee.

I do love Shadow Moses, though. Not even because it's MGS, but it's just a well designed level to me.

Posted by O.T.L

You guys should hit up tourneys, pwning noobs is really fun, and you get to see some awesome skillz.

Free for alls and team battles are always epic.

Smash4lyfe

Posted by Ant

the game is whatever you want it to be.

regardless, something that isn't kirby or smash by sakurai would be surprising no matter what it is.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Proto Man: IMO Smash Brothers getting online was the climax. You really can't go much farther than that.

How about they take the Capcom way and create: Super Smash Bros VERSUS (Sega's all stars or whatever you can think of. Either way, they just fight).

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

super bros vs street fighter was be hella lol

no idea how they would merge the two fighting styles

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

anything is possible with havok!