I'd like to fight...

Posted by Convenient Parking

But I feel as if I would be steamrolled, as I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I know I need to make a character, and that in itself seems to be quite a task...anybody up for helping a lowly nub like myself?

Posted by KluE

Definitely! As it stands right now, you have the basic freedom to do as you please, and either create a character from scratch, or take an existing character and customize their aspects to your own whims.

My advice is to just build a VERY basic character on your, and leave them open ended at the moment, and for the most part, keep the character humanoid. try not to go too over the top with your first character, as making a character thats too specific in its scope wont give you the fluidity in your writing to keep him interesting to yourself and to everyone else. Keeping the character open ended also affords you the ability to let the character grow from the battles you have him in, as well as helping you grow as a writer.

As far as the actual simming goes, just overview the rules, and start reading everyone's old battles to get a feel for the style of the boards, and try to pick up cues from other writers, like the prose, vocabulary, rythym, and flow that they use, and try to emulate the ones that you like until you can develop a style of your own. And right now, the only battles that are up on this first page are all very well written, almost exclusively by vets, so there are no bad examples, as far as I remember.

Oh, and as far as being steamrolled, a good way to avoid that is by focusing almost exclusively on your writing, and just a little bit on the attacks. Our forums have become more of a building ground for writers than it has for just basic battles, so as long as you take the actual attack and inflicting damage aspect of the battle slow (no super-mega-ultra-kamehameha-jump-shoryuken decapitations in the first couple posts, stick to basic punches and kicks with little add-ons, and spend most of your post elaborating on the aspects of those small attacks and movements), you should be fine.

Anyway, just let me know whenever your ready, and I actually have a good arena intro already picked out and written that i've been waiting for an opportunity to post, so I'll tweak it a little bit to give you a better opportunity to elaborate on it and build your own character within the process of the battle!

P.S. Dont be intimidated! Just stick with it, have fun, and be patient! I havent battle in a looooooooong time, so walking you through it will be a good re-learning experience for me, to! Just let me know if you have any questions, whether now, or at any point of the battle, and lets get this under way!

I took your advice and made a basic character, because I kept trying to make something...more? Fuller and what-not, when I realized it really would limit my ability to expand during fights. I'm ready whenever you are!

Posted by KluE

OOC: Allllllllllllllright, lets see if I can still do this! :-P

IC:

[color=blue] The snow fell. An indiscriminate blanket of ice. The mountains a pillow upon which the village rested.

Snow crunched underfoot, the only noise that could be heard for miles. A lone traveler walked through the snow, an ant. The wind from the mountains crept up on him, an overbearing bully trying to steal his too-thin jacket away, and whipping falling snow into his face. Still he walked on. Lips frozen with blood from hundreds of tiny cracks in the tissue, beard hung with icicles, he focused solely on his destination, eyes half closed against the gnawing wind.

He was becoming numb. Slowly but surely, he was loosing feeling in his extremities. It drained out of him, as if someone had poked holes in his toes and in his fingertips, and were slowly sucking. His hands could barely clutch his cloak anymore, and his thoughts just focused on the village in front of him, nestled comfortably at the base of the enormous mountains. A mile away, maybe. He was almost there, he could make it. His feet became blocks of ice at the end of his legs, each step a concerted effort. The ground began so slope upward, after miles of travel across the frozen desert. His movements were now beginning to become more robotic, every step taking too much thought, forcing his mind from his destination and onto himself. It was so cold. He knew that something was wrong, that he was doing something wrong, but he couldn

OoC: Out of character and in character, right? Well, I didn't write much because I felt it would detract from the mood I was attempting to create, but...yeah. It's probably just an excuse. I did not attack, as I am unsure of the way you prefer to fight and I'd like to adapt to your style if you don't mind.

IC:

[Color=Black][Font=Cambria][Size=2]Carthrian walked in light, yet quick paces across the snow-layered ground, fairly certain in his direction, though uncertain in his new environment. Something was calling out to him, pulling him through the snow cloaked mountain, leading him to his destiny…or his death. The wind recoiled around his body, making no effort to exhaust him in his trek, allowing him to move, to breathe freely, to ready him for the task ahead. Moving onwards, footprints disappearing behind him, no trace of his journey would exist, he alone would hold record of the events to transpire. Sword in sheath, hand on hilt, the village came into sight and Carthrian felt his heart begin to race with anticipation as he grew ever closer to his fate.

The village was silent, save for the whispering wind, singing hymns of prayer for Carthrian’s safety. Foreboding shadows crossed his path, the village bearing over him like a predator waiting to strike as he strode innocently, defenseless to the mysterious unknown community. Still, he moved deeper, further into the abyss, gazing and waiting for a gaze to return into him. A feeling swelled within his body then, a stream of subtle screams, "Avert your eyes!" for the gaze he longed to meet was upon him... [/size][/font][/color]

Posted by KluE

OOC: I should have sent you PM instead of posting, that was my fault. Otherwise the threads tend to get too cluttered with conversation when there arent any battle posts :-/

IC:

[color=blue] Piercing, Edgar

OoC: I was going to reply much earlier, but I forgot my friends and I had to go buy our twelve day early Watchmen tickets (IMAX ftw). Also, I couldn’t figure a way to work this in, but the way Carthrian is dress is this: a dark brown cloak-like cape wrapped around his neck and draped over his back, a long brown coat with his sword’s sheath strapped to his side and hidden beneath it, a grey tunic (but thick, for insulation) and normal pants (dark brown of course). I figure I’d mention this to give you a better view of him, since your character has obviously been able to see him quite clearly. I’m kind of fleshing him out as the battle goes along, so I hope you don’t mind.

IC:

The approach of Edgar was unmistakably superhuman. From the silent stride across the minefield of snow, to his lightning fast approach of Carthrian: nothing appeared normal. A glimpse of his opponent was all Fate allowed as he was stricken with force akin to his foe’s advance: unnatural. Carthrian’s abdomen ached, his muscles screaming in terror as a shockwave of electricity ripped through his body and launched him backwards. As his body returned to the earth, the thin layer of snow gave way to the cobbled stone street below. Carthrian's body recoiled, pausing for a second to absorb the damage before springing violently back into the air and landing with a thick, crunching thud.

For a time, Carthrian felt only the lingering volts of electricity trickling throughout his body as he laid in thought. Had it been his destiny to pursue his Fate and receive death as an award? To seek his memories, yet discover nothing? No, Carthrian would not lie in silence as this harbinger of death remained content in toying with his life. Carthrian would stand, he would stand and fight!

Carthrian stood silently, slowly regaining his composure and sighing with dissatisfaction as he shook his jacket free of snow. With a deep breath, Carthrian closed his eyes and relaxed his body, taking in the calming stupor that only high altitudes can inflict. He felt the cold air take hold deep in his lungs, but having already built a tolerance for the prickling sensations, it only helped to sooth his bitter anger at being caught off-guard. Carthrian longed to press on, but something held him back. In the corner of his mind’s eye he saw himself, not the man who stood so dejectedly in this village, but one cloaked in shimmering white armor and…the image faded. As quickly as the image appeared, it faded from his mind.

“Coward.” He muttered scathingly, hoping his adversary’s hearing matched his sight in strength.

Carthrian moved his right hand before his eyes, gazing upon the indentations in his palm which called forth thoughts of flame…cracking…swirling…burning…incinerating.

Fire.

Blade drawn, engulfed in flame, Carthrian set forth further into the village.

“Come at me from any angle, I shall slay you the same.”

Words fading in the fresh wind.

OoC: As you can see, I held off attacking as Edgar seems to be rather quick on his feet, snowstorm, unknown territory to Carthrian, etc. I just felt it made more sense than running up and tagging you back right away. Also, I'm sad because it seems like I write so little when you give so much.

Ooc: I'll delete this reply when I go to reply to your reply that you'll edit into your post. Ow.

Your idea sounds brilliant, honestly, and it's good to know, because I can prepare myself for what I'd like to do in future posts for our battle. Since I know that will happen if I cut you, my character obviously won't know, but it will help me with...well, you know, just being able to react and all. If you want to know about Carthrian, just ask, because I have 80% of who he is down (as he's a character out of a story I'm writing/world I'm making) and for whatever time he spends Sim Battling, he's going to remain (mostly) in an amnesiac state.

Posted by KluE

OoC: So, Im a dumbass. haha, I wrote an updated, much more in depth profile a long time ago, never posted it, accidently deleted it when I switched over to linux, and only realized it after you unsheathed your sword. The basic idea behind Edgar is that he is a neutral force, a manifestation of both good and evil energy, created by both satan and ***. Now, saying that he is an energy being doesnt mean he isnt flesh and bone, because it takes energy and time to build complex machines out of nothingness, so he doesnt regenerate anything cut off from his body immediately, nor do his wounds heal immediately or does it mean he can avoid an attack by turning "ethereal." It was simply a device with which I could logically make him a member of a real universe where he could logically recover from the massive injuries incurred during the course of the battle, and also a way to discourage the use of bladed weapons escalating the fight too quickly, as they often do, because, if he's a being of energy, breaking the skin would logically release some of said energy, and a bladed weapon would act as a lightning rod. Anyway, I built the character that way so that writers had the freedom to make a battle as realistic as possible (with unrealistic characters, of course), and still be able to use bladed weapons with full force, and have the shock effect them in any way they wished, whether it be to stop the blow in mid-cleave and shock them, so that they dont inflict too much damage early, or whether their character can absorb the energy and use it to power their own character. And, as always, since it was my fault in neglecting to post the new profile, it is completely up to you whether you want to acknowledge that or not, or just to say your character is immune to it. Like I said, its just a way to keep bladed weapons involved in the fight without escalating it to early.

As for actually posting, I'll get to that later tonight and just edit it into this post, as that last paragraph took me almost 2 hours to write, because I'm constantly being interrupted by costumers because Im posting this at work :-P. So, my apologies for the incredibly incoherent attempt at description that preceded this, and I'll have a post for you later on tonight, hopefully.

P.S. You said sorry for having short posts. More words does not make it better! Im actually frustrated with myself for being to wordy lately, im having a hard time being concise and still creating the atmosphere and feel that I want!

Oh, and its meant only as a tool to write with, it's not supposed to give me any advantage, feel free to ignore it if it doesnt fit with your post/attack, it just feels to me that it makes more sense having a reaction like that then randomly stopping somewhere mid-swing and only barely nicking an opponent for no reason...

IC:

The grin faded from Edgar's face, emotion being sucked away by concentration. A cobalt luminescence flowed out of his extremities, tendrils of energy lapping at empty air and unfortunate snowflakes, searching for some nonexistent force to grab hold of. The air grew crisp as the smell of ozone filled it, the inanimate tentacles lashing themselves to Edgar like some primordial cephalapod.

The energy swirled playfully around him, a simple child of the earth amusing itself in the comfort of its own backyard, gathering and restlessly awaiting instruction from its master.

His eyes glowed last. A demonic gargoyle, atop the columns of a pagan church, ready to deal its judgment. Lightning arced across the empty spaces, gathering from inside Edgar, and releasing in the lightning rod that Carthrian had unsheathed, crashing into the unlucky soul with the ferocity of a stampede.

Edgar retreated to the recesses of the temple before the smoke cleared, taking the advantage of surprise over the curiosity of outcome. The monks robes swung artfully in the winds as Edgar pivoted and opened the door. Normally, turning his back on an enemy wasn't his style, a provocation, a disrespect, an insult. But Edgar didnt care, the man had invaded his hideout, shattered his peaceful reality.

The echoing of his footsteps haunted the serenity of the temple, an agent of chaos had invaded this bastion of order. Edgar headed for the old oaken door that guarded the gateway to the underworld.

The catacombs would be an ideal place to continue. It ran through his mind as he slowly descended the frozen stairs into complete darkness, the only light coming from the body of Edgar himself.

OoC: alright, I managed to write a post at work... I'll look at it later, it may be need some editing, as I tried to make it as clear as possible, but since I was running back and forth, some of the language may have come off ambiguous. Anyway, dont let that stop you, as I'll probably have edited it by the time you see this! and if I havent, if everything makes sense, go ahead and reply!

edited. go ahead!

OoC: SIGH. I have a seven page paper I have to write by tomorrow, so unless I get that done early, my reply won't come until tomorrow. Sorry -_-

I lied. It might have it up today. I hope. Stupid papers. By the way, I get this eerie picture of Dr. Manhattan in my head whenever I think of your character.

Ooc: Here is my post much later than I would have liked because, unfortunately, I am plagued by a mysterious disease that only allows me to write at night, weird, isn’t it? I don’t know why, but I can’t write during the day…like at all (usually). Well, you know, a combination of that a freaking seven page paper (not even my paper). I’m going to update his profile…soonish, so I can properly explain who Carthrian is, exactly, now that he remembers. I didn’t intend to do this so soon in the fight, but when he was struck again, I kind of hit a creative wall and decided to do it earlier. Oh well for me.

Alright, let’s do this. Leeeeeeeroy…okay, never mind.

IC:

Carthrian fell to his knees, dropping his sword into the snow and falling face first next to it. As the numbing cold begun to take over and the last bits of his life writhed in agonizing pain, Carthrian’s world slowly turned black.

“Carthrian…Carthrian…have you forgotten your task already?”

“Leave me be Chrysanthos, I have failed myself and my people. Death is a welcome reward for my deeds.”

“Carthrian my child…until you complete your task, death is the only failure you will face.”

“And this?”

“An intermission…did you forget your purpose already, Carthrian? The reason you have been entrusted with the powers you hold? Yet you hide them. Are you ashamed of your gift?”

Carthrian sputtered.

“Gift? Your gift drives me to madness, your gift is the reason I am here.”

“No, Carthrian, you are here of your own volition. You are here because you wanted to escape. Your world needs your help and you left it behind because you could not handle it. You are weak. Only human.”

“Hold your tongue Chrysanthos or I shall cut it from your throat.”

“You dare threaten a ***, yet refuse to face your destiny? Truly admirable Carthrian…”

Laughter.

“When I am finished here, I will seek a way to return, and when I do, I will find you Chrysanthos and I will kill you. I will free myself of this curse.”

“Good luck, Carthrian…”

Carthrian’s body shook suddenly, a spark of life shooting back through him and reigniting his fading pulse. As he rose, clutching the ground to keep from falling, a faint aura of gold appeared. Slowly, it grew brighter...brighter...the snow around Carthrian began to melt, incinerated before getting within a foot of his skin. The cold would no longer faze him, the wind would no longer slow him, and his enemy would no longer elude him. No, his enemy would not even recognize him now; though his angelic aura had faded, his clothing was different. Rather than the dull peasant-like garb, Carthrian was now covered in shimmering white armor, almost invisible in the snow. Carthrian’s bright green eyes now cloudy, his face blank...this was his curse. His power.

He entered the temple quickly, but saw no sign of his opponent. His eyes scanned the large room, but aside from the primary entrance, there was only one other exit, descending into darkness. Carthrian would not play this man’s game; he would not be led into a trap. Nay! He would be the one trapped now, cloaked in darkness and suffocating. Carthrian’s hand ignited, flames dripping like acid onto the floor, leaving scorch marks as he walked to a nearby table. Lighting the table aflame with a single touch, Carthrian stepped back and kicked, sending the table flying across the room and exploding into fiery splinters. He took his time now, walking about the room and setting fire to all that would take and shattering it afterwards with a kick or a punch. The temple was full of black smoke in no time and it would not take long for it to come crashing down upon his foe’s escape.

Carthrian retreated back into the village.

Ooc: Here is my post much later than I would have liked because, unfortunately, I am plagued by a mysterious disease that only allows me to write at night, weird, isn’t it? I don’t know why, but I can’t write during the day…like at all (usually). Well, you know, a combination of that a freaking seven page paper (not even my paper). I’m going to update his profile…soonish, so I can properly explain who Carthrian is, exactly, now that he remembers. I didn’t intend to do this so soon in the fight, but when he was struck again, I kind of hit a creative wall and decided to do it earlier. Oh well for me.

Alright, let’s do this. Leeeeeeeroy…okay, never mind.

IC:

Carthrian fell to his knees, dropping his sword into the snow and falling face first next to it. As the numbing cold begun to take over and the last bits of his life writhed in agonizing pain, Carthrian’s world slowly turned black.

“Carthrian…Carthrian…have you forgotten your task already?”

“Leave me be Chrysanthos, I have failed myself and my people. Death is a welcome reward for my deeds.”

“Carthrian my child…until you complete your task, death is the only failure you will face.”

“And this?”

“An intermission…did you forget your purpose already, Carthrian? The reason you have been entrusted with the powers you hold? Yet you hide them. Are you ashamed of your gift?”

Carthrian sputtered.

“Gift? Your gift drives me to madness, your gift is the reason I am here.”

“No, Carthrian, you are here of your own volition. You are here because you wanted to escape. Your world needs your help and you left it behind because you could not handle it. You are weak. Only human.”

“Hold your tongue Chrysanthos or I shall cut it from your throat.”

“You dare threaten a God, yet refuse to face your destiny? Truly admirable Carthrian…”

Laughter.

“When I am finished here, I will seek a way to return, and when I do, I will find you Chrysanthos and I will kill you. I will free myself of this curse.”

“Good luck, Carthrian…”

Carthrian’s body shook suddenly, a spark of life shooting back through him and reigniting his fading pulse. As he rose, clutching the ground to keep from falling, a faint aura of gold appeared. Slowly, it grew brighter...brighter...the snow around Carthrian began to melt, incinerated before getting within a foot of his skin. The cold would no longer faze him, the wind would no longer slow him, and his enemy would no longer elude him. No, his enemy would not even recognize him now; though his angelic aura had faded, his clothing was different. Rather than the dull peasant-like garb, Carthrian was now covered in shimmering white armor, almost invisible in the snow. Carthrian’s bright green eyes now cloudy, his face blank...this was his curse. His power.

He entered the temple quickly, but saw no sign of his opponent. His eyes scanned the large room, but aside from the primary entrance, there was only one other exit, descending into darkness. Carthrian would not play this man’s game; he would not be led into a trap. Nay! He would be the one trapped now, cloaked in darkness and suffocating. Carthrian’s hand ignited, flames dripping like acid onto the floor, leaving scorch marks as he walked to a nearby table. Lighting the table aflame with a single touch, Carthrian stepped back and kicked, sending the table flying across the room and exploding into fiery splinters. He took his time now, walking about the room and setting fire to all that would take and shattering it afterwards with a kick or a punch. The temple was full of black smoke in no time and it would not take long for it to come crashing down upon his foe’s escape.

Carthrian retreated back into the village.

Posted by KluE

OoC: You said Dr. Manhattan, I had always pictured a Lebanese kind of person with more European features. Actually, there is an actor that looks almost how I have described him, although with a few changes, obviously, Sa

Posted by KluE

OoC: You said Dr. Manhattan, I had always pictured a Lebanese kind of person with more European features. Actually, there is an actor that looks almost how I have described him, although with a few changes, obviously, Sa

OoC: Yeah, I dunno, the way you described your attacks and your character originally, I just visualized Dr. Manhattan (probably because I’m too **** excited for Friday), but I’m glad you brought up his appearance. I like being able to visualize everything clearly. And yes! You hit his armor pretty much right on the head. Funniest thing being that Carthrian’s special armor is the kind you described, light, but durable, and without much coverage on the joints to allow for quicker movement.

IC:

[Font=Cambria][Color=Black][Size=2] “He’s quick.” Carthrian noted as Edgar approached.

“He may even be quicker than I.”

Closer.

“I must do something, else I be felled by this...”

Edgar’s strike was quick, precise, like an assassin without the lust for death. Carthrian felt the armor ‘round his neck grow tighter as his opponent attempted to knock him down yet again, but not this time. Rather than stalemate, Carthrian followed the strike, falling towards the ground and allowing Edgar to move away. Quickly his arms went out, gloved hands groping the street and thrusting him skyward. With the extra momentum granted by Edgar, Carthrian threw himself into a spin, sending his body veering over his adversary’s head. [/size]

[Size=3] Thud! [/size]

[Size=2]Carthrian landed, taking a knee and bowing in a mock respective gesture: precious seconds wasted for pride. Rising upwards as Edgar spun to catch him in the act, Carthrian’s foot thrust forward in a powerful kick, to which Edgar quickly blocked. Carthrian exhaled and pushed suddenly to extend his kick, forcing Edgar to slip in the melted snow beneath his feet, losing balance and becoming airborne. He had gone no more than a foot when the heat erupted upwards from the ground, flames pouring over his body as he passed through the wall of fire. Carthrian only watched as his opponent quickly hit the ground, escaping the flames and sliding across the snow to safety, slowly flexing his hands, the strange lines which marked them glowing red...[/size][/color][/font]

OoC: I’m pretty sure you’ll understand what I did, but I just want to clarify. Knocked over, handstand and set fire magic into ground causing snow to melt, pushed backwards over the now water, then fire triggered! Yay. I thought it was pretty creative for a spur of the moment idea.

Posted by KluE

OoC: in your reaction/attack posts, you may want you focus more on the physicalities of the actual character, as opposed to advancing the battle, it makes it a little more realistic. For instance, if my character just jumped through the air and ax-kicked you in the base of the neck, focusing on the characters reaction a little bit more would flesh out the post, and maybe give you a little more inspiration when inflicting your own injury on me. But, that's all personal preference. Just don't forget, this is sim battle, so the ultimate goal is to F*** the other person's S*** up! dont be afraid to go in depth with the damage, and dont be afraid to acknowledge the damage you've taken.

To be blunt, the dance is fun... But your date is a sl*t, and there's no way this is ending on the dancefloor, so when the time comes to quit dancin', its best to just cut to the chase ;-)
HA!

IC:

Edgar stared at the sky as the water quickly turned to ice around the edges of his body. A frozen silhouette momentarily etched the cobblestone as Edgar rose from his back, filling in with stunning speed. 2 inches thick, the meter round ice patch separated the two warriors as their eyes met. The knight, clad in white, still glowing from the expulsion of the fire, Edgar, a full six inches shorter, steaming as the heat dissipated. The snow and water had created a nice buffer, burning was minimal, just a few char spots on his clothing; he hadnt stayed in the fire long enough for it to do much.

"Magic? This may be fun, after all."

The growled words hung in the air.

His feet planted, finding friction on the street as he launched forward. The momentum translated nicely across the ice, Edgar's feet digging in as he came to its end, he was crouched down, ready to explode forward. The fist landed with inhuman ferocity, a strategically placed uppercut that caught under the skirt of the breastplate and tore upwards through Carthrian's abdomen. The energy flowed between them, escaping from Edgar in a torrent and crashing into his foe's body. His fist sunk deep, sending muscle and intestine into the other man's spine. Crushing force pushed forward, relieving Carthrian from the bondage of gravity and sending him careening into the bottom step of the now desecrated temple. His insides rattled against the muscle of his abdomen, as his body did the same against the shell of his armor.

Edgar advanced on the fallen knight, his body now twisted into the fetal position as the residual energy from the blow forced contraction in Carthrian's stomach...

OoC: Sorry about the lateness, seriously, I just got bogged down with so much crap all of a sudden. I figured I

Posted by KluE

Edgar seethed silently. He was losing his battle to keep balance, and he knew it, and welcomed the warm embrace as it flooded over him. The bloodlust consumed him, fueled by his anger at this insult.

The man had come to his refuge to challenge him, had desecrated his home, and now he insulted him by throwing ice and running away.
'Clad in white, he obviously thought himself some do-gooder,' Thought Edgar, ' well, if he's looking for a demon to slay, I'll give him the coward a F*cking demon!'

Engulfed in his own hatred, Edgar gave himself over to the darkness that was gushing from inside him. He shed his mortal skin, and like a junkie getting his fixed, allowed himself total release.

His skin turned a deep black as it sucked energy from the air around it, taking sustenance from air, snow, earth and light alike. The crackling that had taken place behind his eyes now turned to a constant flashing, piercing blue radiating out in bursts. Tendrils of latent energy collected around his hands and arms, bathing them in cobalt.

The pursuit was short, and Edgar caught the knight midair between rooftops. A knee planted in Carthrian's back guided him to the roof, and ensured that he would crash through it. Edgar rode his body through the upper story, until he lay face down on the bottom floor.

The respite was brief, at most. Edgar hooked a hand on the inside of Carthrian's left arm, and turned him face up violently. Before Carthrian's brain had time to register what he was seeing, it happened. Edgar brought his hand down, open palm, with tremendous force, sending incredible amounts of energy through his breastplate, through his chest.

Edgar backed away slowly, a junkie coming down from his rush and regaining consciousness. The bloodlust still coursed through his veins, but the anger was rapidly disappearing, fading with each second that the knight didnt move, as Edgar gained his senses, and could smell the burnt flesh left in the wake of superheated armor.

He took a seat in the ceiling-less living room, waiting to see if the knight would get back up.

OoC: meh, I had the Idea in my head for awhile, but I just couldnt find a way to get it out right without making it sound cheesy. Oh well

Posted by KluE

OoC: Whats up? If your takin your time, Im expecting something awesome ;-). And feel free to go crazy with it, thats how you get some of the best stuff done, just take a look at this battle that Im kinda messin around with solrok with http://forum.onemanga.com/showthread.php?t=34522

Quoting KluE: OoC: Whats up? If your takin your time, Im expecting something awesome ;-). And feel free to go crazy with it, thats how you get some of the best stuff done, just take a look at this battle that Im kinda messin around with solrok with

OoC: I'm actually in the middle of writing more to it right now. I've been so busy with Watchmen on Friday (I was gone the entire day), catching this horrible cold and needing to write ANOTHER essay, I completely lost track of time. I'm trying to make up for the slow pace with this one too. So, here goes nothing...when it's done, hopefully tonight! And I apparently can't quote posts with URLs? ...interesting.

On another note, do you have any music that you feel, gets you into a writing mood? I usually listen to post-rock and instrumental/experimental rock (mainly because lyrics are so very distracting), but I'm always looking for suggestions.

EDIT: Post! If you refer to…after the fourth “paragraph”, the single line, there’s an image I noticed that it created, and it would be a half-assed Yin-Yang sign (were one to photograph the scene from a side angle). I didn’t even mean for it to come off that way, but after I wrote it, I went, “Oh crap o_O”. Anyway, here you go!

IC:

[Color=Black][Font=Cambria][Size=2]Carthrian’s body shook slightly, creaking the ancient floorboards, but he made no motion to stand. Pain coursed through his body, but years of battle had trained him. Silence was the key, Carthrian would not provoke his foe, but make him believe he was unable to fight; he had to appear weak to gain a brief rest. His breathes were slow, for every time his lungs expanded it felt as if a dagger was slowly being pulled from his chest. The pain began to numb the areas Edgar had hit, slowly dissipating the pain. Carthrian gritted his teeth, stretching his body ever so slightly until...

[Size=3] CRRRRRACK! [/size]

Even Edgar would have winced at the sickening sound of Carthrian’s vertebrae snapping in quick succession. He had to act fast now, for Edgar would see through his ploy soon. Carthrian’s palms, face down on the floor like the rest of his body, slowly began to light up once more and he noted to himself not to overuse the runes. Energy slowly drifted from the rest of this body to his palms, though the light grew no stronger, for Edgar would clearly grow wise to Carthrian’s game. His eyes glazed over in a coup de grace, with his curse taking control. Images disappeared from his mind, one by one: friends, poof, family, poof, places, poof, enemies, poof!...no, not all enemies, one remained. A single image remained in Carthrian’s mind, obscuring his memories, directing his thoughts in funnel-like format into a singular goal: the death of Edgar.

Edgar had mere seconds to react as Carthrian slammed his hands into the floor, igniting flames which trailed after his hands. Turning to face Edgar, Carthrian inhaled sharply as his hands apexed and he brought them crashing into the floor once more. A shockwave of energy rippled throughout the room as a wave of flame burst forth from Carthrian’s hands, incinerating the centuries old wood Edgar had sent him soaring through. Edgar toppled backwards over his seat, saved from a direct blast of the flames. However, the flames washed over him still, although the burning last but a fragment of time, the blistering heat remained across Edgar’s body.

“You do not deserve peace.”

Carthrian was upon him, a burning hand griping his arm tightly and were his skin not blackened, it would be now. Carthrian wasted no time; Edgar felt the world spin, wind wrap around him, the glass buckle beneath his weight and the shattering echo throughout his ears. He felt the cool wind and the soothing snow, the burning would fade slowly now, surely. Carthrian launched himself through the gaping, burning exit and landed in a sprint. Edgar was recovering, his body tingling with the confusion of radical temperature change, but Carthrian was not finished, he would not stop. He lunged for Edgar who tucked in and attempted to kick Carthrian’s injured chest, but he was already airborne and Edgar felt the burning fingers wrap around his ankles.

It seemed like an eternity over a few seconds. The White Knight against the white sky, holding the blackened entity by his feet...

Carthrian drug Edgar on his back across the snow, into the air, and…

[Size=3]THUD!!![/size]

Edgar hit the ground with an explosion of snow, and for a moment there was serenity. Then there was pain. Edgar’s muscles convulsed with pain as the shock registered like a lightning bolt through his nervous system. Carthrian was not ignorant to this pain, though entranced by his own powers, had already released Edgar and let out a howl of rage as his stunt was transmitted through his own system; having just been injured by Edgar and stressing the two areas he had targeted. His nails digging into his palms, fists ablaze, Carthrian gritted his teeth as he awaited the numbness...or Edgar, to overcome...[/size][/font][/color]

OoC: I found it funny that "Sleep Now In the Fire" started playing when I finished this post.

Posted by KluE

OoC: just so ya know, as stated before, this is an unortho board, so we kinda encourage modding, but were you ever to move into regular RP'ing or anything, you'd get in trouble for modding... Plus you were right on the edge of crossing over a little too far when you said Carthrian was flexing and twitching and Edgar didnt notice. Alot of people really dont like it when you use their character, and dont give them the benefit of the doubt, or make it so they dont notice something obvious, so it pays to switch around the grammar a little bit, just so that it isnt so pointedly a result of the character's capacities failing, so much as the environment causing it, which is usually a very easy fix. Anyway, just a thought, cause I know when this board was more active, there were some members that would have a conniption when they're character did something that they felt was off, even something as miniscule as the character's grammar when they said something.

IC:

The sky gradually gained back its color as Edgar's lungs filled with oxygen. The burn on his arm bothered him, and he could tell his back would be a little sore, but the snow had cushioned his fall, and there weren't any major impacts, otherwise.

He moved to his feet, an animal that had been fought off once, but now he was back on the hunt. He stayed close to the ground, almost on all fours, as he rushed toward Carthrian. Controlled solely now by the beast, he pounced, planting hands at Carthrian's ankles and pushing his shoulder into his knees, the knight crashed to the ground, his metal armor clinking against the stone of the street.

Swiftly, Edgar climbed him. He tore the helmet off Carthrian's head, the bloodlust now eating him from the inside, and threw it across the snow indiscriminately.

Hands in the air, Edgar locked fingers and arched his back, coming down with immense force on Carthrian's face in a hammerfisted strike. A sickening crunch rang out as the knights nose broke, and the studs of Edgar's gauntlets left their mark, a seared indentation of impact points as the electricity arced in and out of Carthrian's flesh.

Leaving his left hand down, Edgar rotated his right shoulder upward, cocking back for another strike. His left hand found its way to the throat, anchoring one warrior to the other. Another sickening crunch rang out, as Carthrian's left cheekbone gave way to Edgar's fist, and his left hand tightened around the throat.

The right hand met with the left, clasping around the neck, before slowly moving to the base of the knights runes.

"Lets see if these work both ways, shall we?"

Edgar poured energy into the runes, and he could see them starting to glow brighter and brighter, and the snow around them melting and almost instantly rising up as steam as the heat grew more intense...

OoC: Alright, definitely not my best post, but I wanted to get something out while I had the time and wasnt distracted. Next one will be better, haha.

OoC: Just posting to say I get what you mean and I'll watch it, and that I'm going to be ridiculously busy the next day or two, so I might not be able to get a post up, but I'll be writing intermittently to get something going.

Posted by KluE

doobie doo...