Dead Space for the Wii

Posted by ExoXile

[URL="http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/03/ea-dead-space-coming-to-wii-wont-be-a-weak-port/"]Could be awesome, could totally suck.
[/URL]

Posted by Speedfreak

It's a lightgun version of a crap game. It will suck.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;929911]It's a lightgun version of a crap game. It will suck.whooooa buddy dont knock it till you try it.

Posted by Synth2012

So I finally got to see Dead Space in action the other day. My roommates were making a big deal out of it, turning the lights off and stuff. It was ridiculous. lol

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;929929]whooooa buddy dont knock it till you try it.

You must be new here, I'm a cynical bastard.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Should've just made it a fps.

Posted by ExoXile

We don't even know what it will be yet...

Posted by Speedfreak

Yes we do, it's an on-rails shooter.

Nice graphics at least.

Posted by ExoXile

I've seen only comments about it being a first-person shooter.
Where is the sauce for on-rails?

And it won't matter really since Umbrella Chronicles was freaking awesome.
But still, I want so see where it says that.

Not that I doubt your word or anything, I just couldn't find it.

Posted by Speedfreak

The trailer and screenshots, everything is scripted.

Posted by ExoXile

The trailer is extremely vague, and I can't find any screenshots. :(

Oh, that's all speedy was going on, a trailer? Dude, Dead Space was heavily scripted and it was a third person shooter.

though it looks like an fps from the trailer. which makes sense.

Posted by ExoXile

Looks nice, I could go for some FPS Dead Space.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote]Our gameplay takes advantage of a guided and cinematic camera which allows us to frame the action on screen and deliver fantastic and gripping action sequences packed with loads of scares.[URL]http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/954/954895p1.html[/URL]

Why do you doubt me when my track record is f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking awesome. Maybe you don't like to know THE TRUTH.

Seriously, it's EA, it's Wii. You think EA give enough of a s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it to make an FPS with actually decent graphics, animation and AI that good? I could tell from the aesthetics that it was on-rails, not even Metroid moved like that.

Quoted post: We are confident we are pushing the Wii hardware harder than anyone has done to date.

HAHAHAHAHA yeah on-rails shooting is SO TAXING. I mean it's not like you can totally predict how much processing power any given scene will use. Maybe someone should show them The Conduit.

Posted by ExoXile

Oh well.
I'll still buy it.

And return it if it sucks.
GAME ftw.

Hahaha, it's actually a lightgun game? jesus. that's retarded. I like how even though know it's lame as hell that's why they have to dance around the subject.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

house of the dead wii owns, they should just follow in its footsteps

house of the dead makes sense as a lightgun game though. cause that's what it is.

should've just made it into an fps.

Posted by Speedfreak

So apparantly it's a "guided first-person experience. That sounds to me like it's an on-rails where you manually control whether you advance or not. Oh, and it uses Wii MotionPlus.

I actually sort of care now.

Sounds like Killer 7.

Posted by Speedfreak

Huh, maybe.

Which, in that case, would be pretty cool. For a Wii game. Still pretty lame.