Qualified yesterday

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yesterday I had my final oral board and passed, earning me my naval enlistment code, the remaining portion of my enlistment bonus (~$11000), and about 20 days off before I have to report to groton to welding school.

That was pretty much the biggest day of my life; it was the single biggest accomplishment that I ever gotten behind me. It took 2 years of training and bull****, but its finally over, and im one step closer to the fleet.

Imagine working 12 hour days for at least 6 days a week to learn 4 years worth of college in 2.

Would have made this last night, but I was pretty hammered.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

WOOT! CONGRATS DUDE! GO MAEK SECKZ WITH A HEWKER NAO! Seriously, props man.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Nicely done, buddy. Who would've thought you had it in you.

Posted by Ant

yeah no big deal I could do that right now if I wanted to I just choose not to.

Posted by Dexter

Cooks skip all that jazz and hit the fleet and west pacs in less than 7 months. Nukes get much better bonuses though but hard, long work. Should've been a CS, YN or even an SK. You would've been sub-qualified by now! That's your next mission!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

gj buddy!

Posted by Lord of Spam

thanks everyone. hate to sound like a douche, but its nice to be able to brag about finishing something this difficult.

@vamp: honestly, i didnt think id make it at points.

@ant: lol

@dexI also would hate my job and be working with total morons 24/7

As it is I only mildly dislike my job, and work with partial morons. Oh, and I make about 50k a year vs 20.

I'd be telling everyone.

Posted by Stalolin

GOOD JOB

i do hope you feel really accomplished, because from what you've said about it, it's taken some hard work

i really hope you get to fight against pirates soon

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Lord of Spam: @dexI also would hate my job and be working with total morons 24/7

There are idiot nukes, as well. The cooks I've met seem just as intelligent as the nukes. Their job may not demand much intelligence, but from what I've seen from the nukes, neither do theirs. They just have to deal with more aspects of the actual sub and do more qualifications.

I heard nukesubs are quieter than shrimp. I can't imagine los being that quiet.

Posted by Dexter

They can be amazingly quiet for such a size, but they are capable and usually are making a lot of noise, unless in hot zones or on sound silenced. The TDU is an explosion of noise and things get loud enough back aft where sailors experience hearing loss and gain a need for hearing protection. Those generators hum to a cacophonous degree, forcing a shout of commands and gay jokes.

Posted by Slade

Nice job dude! What're you gonna do with your 20 days off?

Posted by Dexter

Grow a beard before it's too late!

Posted by Lord of Spam

1)MUTTONCHOPS
2)sleep
3)eat
4)drink
5)go home
6)drink more
7)if my old college roommate is still in fl for school, meet up with him and see how hes doing (had brain tumor removed a year ago :X )

slade: dude, i joined the navy to BE a pirate man. **** fighting them

*raises glass and sips rum*
[spoiler]I actually am drinking rum right now[/spoiler]

Posted by Slade

HAHA oh you're the only one who will ever confuse me and lolin. good show

slade is more introspective and thoughtful whereas lolin is more depressed and "whatever". There's a difference.

Posted by Stalolin

it's true

i pretty much suck

actually it's part of your charm.

Posted by junior senior

good luck :(

Posted by junior senior

ps. also what do navy seals do

Posted by O.T.L

Great accomplishment dude! Enjoy your break!

Posted by Lord of Spam

@salade: maybe if i saw a few more buffets i could keep it straight

@lolin: :( <3

@js: kill things in places america isnt supposed to be

Posted by junior senior

so they're the ones that really fight when a war is called

Posted by WillisGreeny

Great, so now if I don't finish my 4 yr degree in 4 yrs I'll feel like **** thanks to you , LoS.

Anywayz, awesome job!

Posted by Corrupt

Congratulations, buddy! I'm glad to hear that all the hard work has finally paid off. Go ahead, bask in the glory :cool:

Posted by ExoXile

Good going LoS.
Ur a kewl man.

Drop by our ports someday and we shall drink mead.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Lord of Spam;929358]Would have made this last night, but I was pretty hammered.are you responsible for this

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5746690.ece

Posted by Speedfreak

So...what are you qualified for?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;929689]So...what are you qualified for?operating a nuclear sub (although i'm sure it's a little more semantic than that)

He watches dials. We've been over this.

Posted by Speedfreak

So is he like Scottie or Sulu.

Neither. I don't watch star trek but he doesn't seem to fit either role.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: So is he like Scottie or Sulu.

i would work for scotty. like, he'd be like "dude, if we tweak this ****, it can do _____"

then i would be the redshirt that went and actually did it

Posted by Speedfreak

Badass.

soctty didn't watch dials.

Posted by Lord of Spam

never said he did GEEZ. he directs the guys who do

Yeah, he would be directing guys like you to watch dials.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;929747]soctty didn't watch dials.

That's pretty much all he did do, until one of them went all the way to the right and he'd shout at Kirk THIS NEEDLE IS ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT.

Posted by Random

Quoting Lord of Spam: Yesterday I had my final oral board and passed, earning me my naval enlistment code, the remaining portion of my enlistment bonus (~$11000), and about 20 days off before I have to report to groton to welding school.

That was pretty much the biggest day of my life; it was the single biggest accomplishment that I ever gotten behind me. It took 2 years of training and bull****, but its finally over, and im one step closer to the fleet.

Imagine working 12 hour days for at least 6 days a week to learn 4 years worth of college in 2.

Would have made this last night, but I was pretty hammered.

I know you thought this day would never happen Spam.. We've never quite seem eye to eye.. But seriously.. From one man to another.. Congratulations!

Posted by Dexter

Draw trim and drain together using the cross-connects and post the pictures here on VGC for us all. I double dog dare you! Also, take a picture of the reactor compartment when you get there.