Bump

Posted by Linko_16

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7892294.stm

Matt Miller, why didn't you tell us they traded you to the British Navy?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I actually just heard about this today.

Keep in mind that nuclear submarines are designed to be undetecable :P

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Saw this briefly last night and I immediately thought of los drunk at the helm. Apparently there was a chance of a massive nuclear disaster or something.

Posted by Dexter

ST failure?

Posted by Lord of Spam

oh man, if you guys knew some of the **** that the american navy does without you ever knowing

dohoho

tell us

Posted by Dexter

They freakin' clean way too much and are trained to feel as if they are doing something huge and meaningful for our country. Submarines are pretty close to meaningless, especially with our current war. The internet possesses more power than a submarine. I suppose they need to keep a close eye on China and patrol the ocean...just in case.

And whenever I hear any news about submarines, it's always something they've done to themselves. Submarines greatest enemies are themselves. Just do me a favor and don't pull a Nebraska and get sucked into the rudder ram while cleaning with ken-wipes back aft.

nukesubs are like the fighterplanes of the sea. not really necessary until they're necessary.

also, people are trying to turn subs into cargoships. so they could be the next evolution of that

Posted by Dexter

There's barely enough room on the sub for the materials that the sub requires alone. They're already throwing potatoes and rice back aft with the radiation. I couldn't see them turning into cargo boats but I could see a few unqualified mutant ninja potatoes taking over the seas.

These aren't going to be converted nuclear subs. These will be purpose built subs that will rival the size of cargoships. Subs experience 1/5th the drag of ships, therefore less energy is consumed. So if they could bring the ships underwater that would be incredibly cost-effective and potentially speed up the whole process.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: tell us

sub+underwater mountain= OHSHI

thats the worst example, but you get the idea.

the navy flies subs into mountains? that's pretty stupid

Posted by Lord of Spam

just one so far

apparently using the right navigational chart is important. who knew?

can't you detect a ****ing mountain before you slam into it?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Captain was probably all like "Turn that ****ing radar off, *****es. THIS IS MAH BOAT, NIGGA" Hahaa cocain makes white people think they're black.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: can't you detect a ****ing mountain before you slam into it?

Hahaha oh ***. I can't stop laughing. XD

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: can't you detect a ****ing mountain before you slam into it?

dude, mountains are sneaky ****ers

Posted by S

Quoting Lord of Spam: dude, mountains are sneaky ****ers

You made me laugh on a really crappy day. Cheers.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

weren't they ****ing around and playing hide and seek or something? that's what i heard on bbc radio

Pretty sure they were just in stealth mode and collided. Bad luck.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

how is that even possible

the ocean is freakin huge

Posted by WillisGreeny

First there was this:
[URL]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article411682.ece[/URL]

And then the truth:
[URL]http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4657131[/URL]

Quoted post: how is that even possible

the ocean is freakin huge

idk. It's like how commercials airplanes have crashed into each other. How the **** do you let that happen? but it does.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

haha wow. didn't know that actually happened