Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Posted by Big Boss

I had no idea this compilation was coming out until I read an article in Gamasutra about how well it did this week in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic%27s_Ultimate_Genesis_Collection

[quote]The compilation features more than 40 Sega games which were previously released for the Genesis/Mega Drive console (including most of the Sonic the Hedgehog titles released for the system), and features arcade titles as well.

[quote]The collection also features 9 unlockable games: 7 arcade games, and two Master System games. The collection also features interviews with the original game developers. All items can be unlocked by earning Achievements (360) and Trophies (PS3). (Emphasis mine)

I got it yesterday on the PS3 (D-pad is better for 2D games, etc.), and I intend to play all games in alphabetical order, and in the way some of them were meant to be played (no save states, although the Player has the option do use them).

This is definitely better than getting these Mega Drive and arcade titles on the Virtual Console.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I knew of this, but I didn't know it had all three Streets of Rage games. holy ****

Posted by Crazy K

I might have to pick this up.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Meh. It better still be warm in Hell when they release Sonic's Ultimate Saturn Collection. I wants me some high-res Panzer Dragoon, Burning Rangers, and Shining Force III (with all scenarios translated).

Posted by Panic!

**** yeah! Gonna get that **** with the quickness. The amount of win on that disc is almost impossible.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]the three "lock-on" games (Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and "Blue Sphere") were not included

Well **** this, then.