how do I

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

own

I know more than the IT guy here at work. Typical old guy who comes in saying lets restart the computers, and his troubleshooting methods contain such tricks as wiping the UBS tips of cables to make sure they're not dirty.

:(, :'( recession

Posted by Slade

breathe without you (I want to know)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

you've got to kill him to be promoted. no other choices.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

well, he gave up troubleshooting, getting off the phone, got tired and exhausted and hungry. Called some guys to go and do it another day. He was at it from around 11 to around 1:30. I got it working in 30 minutes without knowing anything about the applications used for the hardware, just taking wild guesses and better troubleshooting procedures. Got the machine doing what it was supposed to do, and a rush of rage rose in as I noticed I'm not getting paid his 40+ an hour to be confused.

Gonna request for his pay for just one day, wish me luck guyz

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

if you want a promotion you gotta be in their faces and ****, gettin noticed. yo boss aint gonna say 'oh hey you know that polite quiet guy who doesnt say ****? he's headin for BIG THINGS!'

haha it's true

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

HEY BOSS I FIXED THIS, followed by no one caring

like a lady getting paid 20 dollars an hour, no one knows her job, and she just walks around aimlessly, for 2 years so far

I AM GOING TO SAY A THING OR TWO THOUGH :mad:

aren't you quitting really soon

JUST DO IT

Posted by Ant

seriously dood, 12 years old?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

networking. network, quit, get new job. Only way to get decent employment these days. Look for training centres, network, get directed towards a call centre, get job as IT guy, get a decent salary.

Call centres always need IT guys.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

yes, yes I am quitting do to moving, but I'd like to cause some havoc before I go

vamp, I'm a ******, part of me doesn't understand that too much, specifically the first 2 words

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_network

Basically, get to know people. Important people who can get you a job. Most experts agree that networking is as important if not more so than a resume at this point.

just be friendly!

Posted by cool gamer dad

not enough. have to be the friendly guy who gets **** done and lets people know he's the **** while not appearing arrogant.

Exactly. You need to be someone a person can feel confident recommending or giving a position to. Being nice is important to build the relationships, but being a great potential employee is what matters.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

employment advice from the guy who's about to quit his job to become a full-time sleeper

employment advice from a guy who occasionally teachers people how to get jobs.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

aaaaargh *sets down katana*