facts ONLY thread

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

whenever I learn a new fact or feel like saying one I'm gonna post it here. serves no other purpose

the earth isn't a sphere. it bulges at the equator and is flat at the poles. It bulges more below the equator than above. therefore the planet is more of a pear.

it takes 500 seconds for a photon to reach earth from the sun but a million years for that same photon to travel from the sun's core to its surface

Posted by The Judge

In 1942 Niagra Falls froze completely solid for a day in Winter.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

if you were on a star near pluto and had a radio receiver you could pick up 60s radio broadcasts live

Posted by coromoro

That's a cool fact.

Posted by coromoro

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas would be produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

Posted by ExoXile

A lightning bolt is hotter than the sun.

Well, the surface anyway.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Notice da number in dis thread's URL!!!! Now, some one post a fact with da number three in it!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by coromoro

I don't get it.

Posted by The Judge

23 is a cursed number.

Quoted post: if you were on a star near pluto and had a radio receiver you could pick up 60s radio broadcasts live

if you look far enough out into space you'll see the birth of the universe.

for every ton of japanese poop there contains four pounds of gold

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

spider-man's costume was supposed to be inverted (blue main part (which was actually just black, but black is inefficient in comics, kinda like how batman's costume is usually dark blue in comics) with red sides) but someone ****ed up the labelling of his concept costume et voila

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

his costume makes a hella lot more sense that way. actually would look like a spider.

HUH, I never knew that. Surprised they just weren't like "**** it" on comic two and go with the original design.

Posted by Lord of Spam

if you took all the radiation relased from the entire naval nuclear fleet in an entire year, and concentrated it into a single point and stood one meter away from that point for an entire year, you would recieve 42millirem

the average person recieves 300 milirem just from cosmic background radiation.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting coromoro: I don't get it.

Take a closer look. *hint*It only occures every 11111 threads.*hint*

Posted by coromoro

Ohh, I see it now. The URL was indicating the latest post for me, so it made no sense.

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=927008#post927008 :dunno:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

alan moore thought david hayter's draft of watchmen was the only acceptable script

w00t david hayter

Posted by ExoXile

If you are obese enough you can live up to 25+weeks without food.
Whilst we skinny bois would probably only last 5~ish weeks. :(

Posted by The Judge

Weeks? haha, my dear boy, my survival is measured in hours.

Posted by ExoXile

Good thing you live in the US of A.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

this guy. always has to make it about nationality. jeez

Posted by ExoXile

Haha, what?
Good thing he's not in a 3d world country where he would die within hours.

You crack me up aXe, daaaaym.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

gonna go through your last 100 posts and count how many have some kind of reference to a country in them

Posted by ExoXile

Won't find any in my last 100 probably.
But yeah, love my country. :)

This just wasn't a reference to it.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

not just your country

Posted by ExoXile

Naw, I pretty much love Scandinavia, excluding Norway.
Until it becomes a part of S***en again.

Don't really know about Britain, never been there but I'm sure it's alright.
Cyprus, New Zealand, Australia, and some, regions of the US.

Oh and Canada is pretty much a bigger S***en so it's alright as well.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=ExoXile;927035]If you are obese enough you can live up to 25+weeks without food.
Whilst we skinny bois would probably only last 5~ish weeks. :(

panic is my only rival

i must...become the fat

Posted by Stalolin

good times

Posted by ExoXile

And if you get tired of being fat you could just fast for about 20 weeks, live by drinking water.
It probably will be the worst time in your life, but surely it will work. :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Stalolin: i must...become the fat

Bad idea!! I once did that. I was 135 pounds, made it up to 195 pounds...then got a cease and desist notice down in da intestines, and six months later I lived in da hospital for a week, and was back down to 135 pounds!!!!

Posted by The Judge

This thread is a 100% classic example of how to bait ExoXile.

Posted by ExoXile

What are you talking aboot Judge?

Posted by The Judge

Nothing, honey. Go to bed.

Posted by ExoXile

Not yet, playing some Paper Mario. :)

Posted by junior senior

a ****** invented the traffic light

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=junior senior;927159]a ****** invented the traffic light

you know what else they invented?

soul

good times

Posted by coromoro

Geez, I read that like 10 times, and I kept thinking it said, "a go[b]ddamn inverted traffic light." I couldn't have been more wrong.[/b]

Posted by cool gamer dad

man, soul... what happened to that guy? i of all people should know (other than speedfreak~)

Posted by Ant

fact: wall-e owns

Posted by The Judge

The man speaks the truth!

Posted by coromoro

Quoting cats: man, soul... what happened to that guy? i of all people should know (other than speedfreak~)

He said his desire to post here was simply fulfilled, and simply left. I still see he logs in from time to time.

Posted by ExoXile

How did the snus turn out for ya?
I can see you have it in your title but you totally ignore me on MSN. :o
Just like someone else in DA that starts with an A and and ends with a t. :(

he's ignoring you, too? thought it was just me

Posted by ExoXile

Maybe something's freaky with his MSN or something.

Posted by Ant

if I'm "ignoring" you it's probably cause most of the time I'm doing something else and I was just checking something online for a second.

Quoting ExoXile: Maybe something's freaky with his MSN or something.

then it's with his vgc too

Posted by Ant

two different people buddy

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Ant;927292]if I'm "ignoring" you it's probably cause most of the time I'm doing something else and I was just checking something online for a second.
You hate me, just admit it, you hate me with your stone-cold heart and wouldn't save me on a great white horse. :'[

Posted by WillisGreeny

When I first came here I tried talking to everyone on AIM as much as possible. If only I knew then what I know now. hahaa

Posted by coromoro

Huh? Explain.

Posted by ExoXile

Buttraep

Posted by ExoXile

Oh holy **** I forgot punctuation, the end has come to me. D:

Posted by WillisGreeny

The eventual wisdom I gained, or what I was like?

Posted by coromoro

Both.

Posted by ExoXile

Burn more calories sleeping than if you're watching TV.

Makes you wonder what the actual process of sleeping really is.

Posted by coromoro

Huh, that's interesting.

Quoting Ant: two different people buddy

wasn't he talking about cats

Posted by Ant

no, me. READ

Posted by ExoXile

Nope, was talking aboot cats.
Unless you started using snus as well, then I could have referred to both of you. :)

Posted by Ant

didn't know anyone elses name started with an a and ended in a t.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Ant: didn't know anyone elses name started with an a and ended in a t.

Perhaps it was vague but:
[quote=ExoXile;927206]How did the snus turn out for ya?
I can see you have it in your title but you totally ignore me on MSN. :o

Just like someone else in DA that starts with an A and and ends with a t. :(
The bold text was directed at cats, whilst the italic is directed at you.
So yeah, I used you both in the same sentence.

My bad, it was really vague.

Posted by Ant

GLAD WE GOT THAT CLEARED UP!

Posted by ExoXile

So am I, friend, so am I.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

This message is hidden because ExoXile is on your [URL="http://www.vgchat.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist"]ignore list[/URL].

Hey, this is a fact only thread. Stop ****ing it up with exo baiting and ****.

gorillas have at least 100 words in sign-language that is innate to them. This is likely why they can pick up on human sign language so quickly.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

monkeys have been seen using tools. FACT.

African gray Parrots have a more efficient brain than humans, comparative to size, than humans.

Nematodes are the most populous species on earth. Therefore they are technically a superior species than anything else known.

Posted by ExoXile

The average person will spend 2 weeks of their lives waiting for the traffic lights to change.

just learned: I can eat cheese but not milk because the milk in cheese is already fermented. Always wondered why a glass of milk affected me so badly but cheese isn't so bad.

Posted by ExoXile

People who are allergic to peanuts should be able to eat peanut butter since the peanut proteins should be destroyed in the process.

I wouldn't take my chances if I were allergic though, all it takes is for someone to mess up a little and you die.

Eh, tons of kids go into anaphylactic shock from peanut butter, that's why it's banned in schools that have the allergy.

Posted by ExoXile

Hence why I would never take my chances if I were allergic.

Hell, people who are really allergic to peanuts can actually get severe symptoms from breathing in particles 1/1000(not sure about the accuracy of that, but around there.) of the peanut's size.

Must suck.

Posted by Ant

kids nowadays seem to be ****ing alergic to everything. were they always pussies growing up or what?

I'm around your age and I'm allergic to a lot.

Posted by ExoXile

Most often people who are allergic avoided everything when they were little.
Or rather their parents were too protective, kept the living place too clean and stuff.

Several studies say the same thing.
But then again some say the opposite.

I believe the first one.

My mom smoked and I'm allergic to smoke. I lived near a ranch and I'm allergic to horses. I was drinking soy milk from the age of one because I was allergic to milk from birth. I'm allergic to pet dander and I've had pets since birth. etc

sounds like a case of generalization to me. The concept makes sense, but clearly it doesn't apply to allergies. Just certain people and certain cases.

Posted by ExoXile

Allergic to smoke? You mean asthma?

No. That's entirely different. As in allergic to smoke. I don't get asthma attacks from smoke usually.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

my parents smoke and for some reason i cant smell cigarette smoke. ever. like someone will walk in and everyone will be like 'AUUUUUGH YOU FREAKIN REEK OF SMOKE' and i'll be like 'lol dude you smell fine'

Yeah. The smell doesn't bother me at all. But if there's a lot of it I'll usually break out in hives.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote]Cigarette smoke allergy is caused by the numerous toxic chemicals and irritants found in cigarette smoke. Not only are people with a cigarette smoke allergy extra sensitive to cigarette smoke than others, but recent studies also show that smoking may actually aggravate allergies. Common cigarette smoke allergy symptoms may include: burning or watery eyes, nasal congestion, or coughing.Should stay away from cigarette smoke. D:

I live in a house with a smoker. so nah

Posted by ExoXile

Ever since I moved away, I can't be near smoke either.
I go coughing like a little pussy whenever my friends or mom smoke close to me.

Was fine before that though.

And whenever I get drunk I use cigarettes to blow smoke on others, cause its fun. :3

cause you're a pussy

Posted by ExoXile

Indeed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

fact: canada uses day/month/year date system

Posted by Ant

I remember when I was a kid and my dad would smoke all the time and the clean clothes would end up smelling like smoke and kids at school said I smelled like smoke and I'd be all like I can't smell anything :(

now though I can smell it on people when they walk in and I'll be all like "lol want a smoking room rite" though it only bothers me when it's really heavy.

Posted by Ant

Quoting The X: fact: canada uses day/month/year date system

gay i no rite?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

semper canada (rolls up a maple leaf in a joint) :cool: :cool:

Posted by ExoXile

protip: S****n also uses dd/mm/yyyy.

fact: most of the entire world uses that system.

Posted by Ant

fact: most of the ENTIRE world is gay

fact: america is number 1

fact: I was going to make this thread so only I could post facts and then judge started doing it so I was like whatever. Should've stuck with my original plan.

Posted by Ant

what's canada then?

Posted by ExoXile

Actually we use dd/mm/yyyy and yyyy/mm/dd, one of three countries to do so.

While Canada uses all formats.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WHERE ARE THE FACTS

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BUSH HID THEM

Posted by Ant

gonna miss that guy. everyone hating him and all. sigh

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

obama will be hated in 2 or more years

gonna bet on it

Posted by ExoXile

[IMG]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5796/datecopyhd0.png[/IMG]

Shopped in the legend so it's easier to see.
And it's facts so I thought I'd share.

For funsies.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you are gay as hell

who looks up diagrams like that and then SHOPS IN A LEGEND

jesus

Posted by Ant

sigh, why does everything here have to be so different?

Posted by ExoXile

Go back to ignoring me, X.
It was more fun that way.

If you change your expression after awhile your brain will believe it's feeling that expression as it lumps the feeling and the expression in the same package. So if you're feeling miserable you can keep a smile on your face and eventually you'll start feeling happy for no reason.

Super Dave's real name is Robert Einstein. Ironic.

Lice are at the peak of chromosomal evolution. They have the most complex chromosomes of all species on the planet.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: If you change your expression after awhile your brain will believe it's feeling that expression as it lumps the feeling and the expression in the same package. So if you're feeling miserable you can keep a smile on your face and eventually you'll start feeling happy for no reason.

This one's pretty rad. Makes me wonder if you force yourself to smile 24/7 your brain will eventually stop making the connection between smile -> happy and instead reason "well even though you're smiling you could be feeling anything from angry to depressed," and it wouldn't work anymore.

Posted by Ant

so many people I can imagine with that problem.

Posted by ExoXile

Aw come on now Ant put a smile on that face.

Quoted post: This one's pretty rad. Makes me wonder if you force yourself to smile 24/7 your brain will eventually stop making the connection between smile -> happy and instead reason "well even though you're smiling you could be feeling anything from angry to depressed," and it wouldn't work anymore.

Depends how long you do it. After a month, who knows.

If you have someone spin you around blindfolded long enough in a chair your brain will suddenly believe it has stopped moving when in fact you are still spinning. When that happens, if you move your head in any direction your brain will instantly become confused and you'll immediately become dizzy and nauseous. It's what happens to fighter pilots and is what usually leads to crashes.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;928245]Depends how long you do it. After a month, who knows.

If you have someone spin you around blindfolded long enough in a chair your brain will suddenly believe it has stopped moving when in fact you are still spinning. When that happens, if you move your head in any direction your brain will instantly become confused and you'll immediately become dizzy and nauseous. It's what happens to fighter pilots and is what usually leads to crashes.

oh *** i would try that if i had a really fast spinning chair and some rope and someone to tie me up i would try that holy **** i just said that when i started the sentence

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i always thought fighter plane crashes were the result of criminally negligent parts manufacturers

MYTH............. BUSTED

Posted by The Judge

Wow, you're pretty stupid. And that's a fact.

It was once argued that because there are so many stars in space the whole night sky should be illuminated as if the sun was still up. In reality this is partly correct because distant stars contribute just as much light as nearby stars because of their greater number and this exactly cancels out the diminishing brightness over distance. However, the huge amount of expansion and cooling that allows us to live in the universe means that there is too little energy left to actually illuminate the night sky.

Even if you were to convert all the mass in the universe to light you still wouldn't get a universe that's any brighter. All that would happen is that it would increase the temperature by ten degrees. There's just too little light energy in a life-supporting universe.

And that is why space is black. Neat!

Posted by ExoXile

Indeed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i thought space was black because it was the absence of all color. farkin neat.

Posted by The Judge

Darkness is the only constant, the true state of existence.

That is all.

Was listening to a conspiracy theorist on the radio last night and he believes a black hole resides in the bermuda triangle and aliens use that as type of jumpgate to get around the galaxy.

I was like "PRETTY SURE THAT'S NOT HOW BLACK HOLES WORK, BUDDY." still have to be pretty stupid to think a wormhole was there.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;929295]Was listening to a conspiracy theorist on the radio last night and he believes a black hole resides in the bermuda triangle and aliens use that as type of jumpgate to get around the galaxy.

I was like "PRETTY SURE THAT'S NOT HOW BLACK HOLES WORK, BUDDY." still have to be pretty stupid to think a wormhole was there.

wow

what

i know what we know about black holes is still pretty much theory, but we have enough observational data that say they pull whatever the hell comes at them in[quote=Zeta;927918]They are also working on a DS Super Robot Wars.

edit: haha so that's the multi-quote i clicked on

There's not a whole lot more we can know about black holes. All you can learn apparently is mass, charge and momentum. Other than that, one is indistinguishable from the next. But yeah, I think everyone knows you can't escape black holes, so I assume this dude meant wormhole. But if your whole life is centred around a radio talk show about conspiracies, shouldn't you know the difference?

Posted by Ant

space is cool.

For women humour is the most sought after quality in a man. However, recent studies have shown that that very quality is what usually leads to the end of a relationship. Depending on the type of humour (specifically negative humour) a woman will eventually find it highly annoying or hurtful when they once found it charming and endearing. Therefore, it is important for both people to have the same type and degree of humour, otherwise it is better if neither have a sense of humour as it will eventually lead to the ruin of the relationship.

Posted by Slade

Are you cruising fact sites, dude? WHERE ARE YOU MAKING THIS LEARNING!?

That's interesting, I can definitely see how that in my own experiences.

edit: lol look at me put sentences together haha jeez

vamp just knows these random facts.

i have too much humour for a man to handle

These are either facts I already know or learned from a book, tv show or someone told me. Trolling fact sites would pretty much ruin the purpose of this thread for me.

Posted by Slade

Yeah... that's what I thought. I guess you're just learning a lot today! Good job :)

The humour one I learned on valentines day, the darkness of space I've known for awhile.

Posted by Slade

Ohoho, who's doing the learning now? It's me! :)*pats back*

here's something I just learned: first time high-speed photography was used was in 1897 and used to film a drop of milk falling into water.

not that exciting, but I thought high-speed photography was more recent.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Angelwing: i have too much humour for a man to handle

Which kind?

[spoiler]I expect no one to get this joke[/spoiler]

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;929472]For women humour is the most sought after quality in a man. However, recent studies have shown that that very quality is what usually leads to the end of a relationship. Depending on the type of humour (specifically negative humour) a woman will eventually find it highly annoying or hurtful when they once found it charming and endearing. Therefore, it is important for both people to have the same type and degree of humour, otherwise it is better if neither have a sense of humour as it will eventually lead to the ruin of the relationship.

Mrs. Doubtfire.

good movie. Irresponsibility is connected to humour and one of the main reasons relationships end due to humour. If you're funny chances are you don't take things seriously. Like in Mrs. Doubtfire.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the most obvious physical tell of a woman's attraction to someone is if they keep touching their hair

Posted by Slade

In medieval times it was believed that when a woman wasn't pregnant her womb would travel around her body and cause her to behave strangely or get sick. The word used to describe womb-inflicted illnesses was hysteria.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Building off what Slade said, a Egyptian medical papyrus dating back to 1990 bc details observations of adult women having had personality abnormalities as a result of a moving uterus. In their view, the vagina was its own organism that could cause problems as it moved through out the women's body. Believing this, Egyptian doctors gave medicines to be taken both orally and vaginally to their patients.

Quoted post: the most obvious physical tell of a woman's attraction to someone is if they keep touching their hair

Women won't consider a man unless he glances at her first (like in a bar setting.) It's instinctive and almost a requirement, as it's seen as a first move. They will also be attracted more to a man that strokes his own face or touches his own thighs.

Found this out today: A recent study was done where men were shown pictures of women. When they were shown pictures of women in bikinis the main part of the man's brain to light up was the area that controlled tools. Therefore men look at sexualized women as really nothing more than objects. So it's basically science proving a long held belief.

Posted by Stalolin

feminists hate penis

it's a fact

look it up

Posted by S

Quoting The Judge: Which kind?

[spoiler]I expect no one to get this joke[/spoiler]

Aqueous

Posted by The Judge

I was thinking she's more of a Sanguine or Bile.

you two are gay as hell

Posted by Linko_16

How long can I go without posting in this thread.

Fact: this long.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Stalolin: you know what else they invented?

soul

good times

did they invent cracker barrel too

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: you two are gay as hell

FACT: can't rep that post

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: you two are gay as hell

[spoiler]This isn't a serious post, but I'm guessing you'll probably try to defend your position instead of brushing it off.[/spoiler]
You're just mad you didn't get it.

obama had the greatest pastry in the world today in canada.

that is a fact.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i read that as 'greatest party' but heh, as if the greatest party in the world would be in canada. milk in a bag just aint practical when you're rockin out

Posted by Ant

"yeaaaaah this party rocks alright gonna drink some milk in a bag now ohHHHHHGAWOD AKJLEKVEVERYWHERE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"

that'd be obama

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yeah, p. much. i always grip things too hard and knock a lot of stuff over when i'm p. drunk so milk in a bag would probably pop and tear in my manly grip

Posted by The Judge

Because at a party the first thing anyone does when they're drunk is go for the milk.

Posted by ExoXile

If they serve white russian it is.

ZA-zing!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ahem

FACT: judge doesn't know how to party

Posted by Slade

Everything up until that post gives me good images. Now all I can see is deer udders (are they even called that?) thrown into a bag with the milk leaking out of them from the nipples and from the back where you ripped them off the carcass.

Posted by ExoXile

Deers don't have udders, they have teats.

Posted by Slade

So the whole soft milky ball of flesh is called the deer's "teats"? alright, whatever, I'm just going to call it the female's dong next time.

"yeah it's right there next to the dong"

"ohhh lookit all that **** comin out of her dong"

"**** man don't let her dong spray on me"

Posted by Omni

Quoting ExoXile: Deers don't have udders, they have teats.

This isn't a fact because it's incorrect. Deer, not deers, have udders, and udders have teats on them. Goats, horses, sheep and various other animals, mostly ungulates, have udders.

Oh, and if you wonder what an ungulate is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ungulate

Posted by ExoXile

It's deers, period.
Several deer sounds ****ing stupid even though it is correct.
I say deers because I want to, not because I do not know of the highly improper correct usage.

And teats can be on anything, it's just a different word for nipple.
Now hush.

Posted by Slade

Thank you, Omni. I believe together we can purge this place of misinformation and northern europeans.

fact 1: this is an okapi (taken from omni's wiki page)

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Okapi2.jpg[/IMG]

fact 2: I always forget things like this exist.

Posted by Omni

The okapi looks like a zebra, but is in fact a species of short-necked giraffe.

The reticulated giraffe is the tallest animal in the world.

Red clothing or surroundings make men find women more attractive than they would normally.

In the middle ages, people believed in what was known as spontaneous generation to explain the way that certain animals reproduced. They believed that worms came from dirt, snakes came from rotting longs and leaves, fish came from water, and various other stupid things.

Mushrooms share more DNA with humans than they do with plants.

Some species of lizards are hermaphrodites.

There are species of birds that give birth to their young after storing the unhatched eggs inside their bodies.

The platypus has poisonous claws on its body that are powerful enough to stun a human and make them sick and can kill smaller animals such as dogs.

Pink flamingos get their color from their diet of colorful shrimp.

Gorillas are very intelligent animals that have been known to take offense to humans imitating the sounds that they make and attack them.

Posted by ExoXile

deers

[LIST=1]
[*](dated) (rare) Plural form of deer.
[/LIST]
Oh, I'm sorry.
It is correct, however not used too often.

How cute. :)

Posted by Omni

I actually just saw reticulated giraffes and okapi, and a bunch of other animals just yesterday, but I already knew all of the things that I just posted.

Exo: The "dated" in your definition means that the word is considered obsolete and no longer considered proper.

Posted by ExoXile

"dated

Posted by Omni

It's not a proper word in modern English in either European or American form, so you try again. You don't speak an older form of the language, so try again. You should stop trying to be smart, because you just aren't.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Omni;930331]Some species of lizards are hermaphrodites.

Same with some species of eels.

Posted by ExoXile

I don't know if that's what you're talking about but some frogs changes sex seemingly without any hormonal changes in a unisex society.

Pretty rad.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting ExoXile: Fact: Sound travels faster under water.

than in air~

through pretty much anything with a higher density than air

I leave for a couple days and this thread goes to ****.

Deleting all that stuff.

fact: my name is on mars. In 2003 NASA set up a program where you can send in your name and stuff like that and they'd press it on a CD. They then load it onto the mars rover to go along for the ride and waste away into nothingness.

Not sure what the purpose of it was, likely to generate interest in the space program. But oh well. Got a neat certificate signed by the administrator of nasa

Posted by ExoXile

Go and delete #162 as well, as it is filled with wrong and is mostly pointing out that I am not smart.

It's a proper way to use it, just outdated.
Jeez.

Outdated = improper. Languages move on and throwing out old terminology is part of that process. Likely, you were wrong and reaching to be right.

Then again I didn't really read those posts so whatever. But outdated is outdated.

Posted by ExoXile

Noun

Singular
deer

Plural
deer or dated and rare, deers

deer (plural deer or dated and rare, deers)
---

It's not outdated, I'm sorry.
It's rare, and dated, but it is still in use.

Quoted post: It's not outdated, I'm sorry.

Dude, dated literally means outdated. It's the exact same word. It doesn't even matter anyways because no one says deers. You said deers, someone pointed it out, and you felt the need to defend yourself even though you know it's wrong. End of discussion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i swear to ****ing *** exoxile if you post another ****ty dictionary definition i'm going to slash you

dictionary quote = reaching.

But yeah, deleting anything about it from here on out. Fact ONLY thread. For the last time.

Posted by ExoXile

About 9 million witches were burned in Europe during witch hunts.
Christian's could holocaust as well.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the witch hunts werent entirely a product of christianity, a lot of them were just people taking advantage of superstition to have their enemies killed, or people were just afraid of being mind-controlled or whatever witch power they fabricated.

read the crucible some time

Posted by ExoXile

Christians set it off.
Most jews weren't killed by Hitler.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

those are two totally different situations, you're ****ing stupid. churches didnt round up witches and kill them en masse. witch trials were usually a product of superstition or manipulations by a townsperson. the trials werent normally presided over by a member of the clergy. witchcraft was a way of explaining scientific phenomena of the period and while they shouldn't have gone around killing people, the witch hunts were caused by a lack of knowledge, not a malicious hatred for an entire religion

also who are you referring to specifically when you talking about 'christianity'. kind of a large umbrella buddy

Posted by ExoXile

They were burned in the name of ***.
They ere burned, because their souls would forever burn if they were witches.
Witches had orgies with Beelzebub, etc etc.

And yeah, some little kids did it for funsies.
Some used kids just for their personal goal.

I'm talking about the majority here.

Also:
Fear of witches - Kill witches
Fear of jews - Kill jews.

Kill witches in the name of god.
Kill jews by doing god's will.

It's the same, just different masks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the holocaust had nothing to do with ***, you're honestly the stupidest kid i ever met

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also, the jews were killed for the perceived burden they placed on society and the fact that the nazi party upheld aryanism as the only way for humanity to progress. plus hitler's irrational hatred for slavic peoples

hitler didn't even initiate the holocast btw

Posted by ExoXile

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

Hitler quote.
Hey man, you're pretty stupid that doesn't know this.

"Holocaust is the term generally used to describe the genocide of approximately six million European Jews during World War II, as part of a program of deliberate extermination planned and executed by Nazi Germany under Adolf Hitler."
Huh, guess he didn't.

Posted by Omni

Fact: Using the dictionary and Wikipedia to define words in an attempt to rationalize what you say every time that you get into an argument makes you an incorrigible faggot.

Posted by Omni

Up to the beginning of the 20th century, young boys were selected for their singing talents before puberty and castrated to preserve their vocal ranges, as puberty causes the male vocal register to change dramatically. Castratos can reach soprano or even the whistle register with relative ease. The only existing recordings of a castrato are of the bel canto castrato Alessandro Moreschi. His most famous recording is a version of "Ave Maria" where he is observed to reach exceedingly high notes with relative ease. A later recording of Moreschi is featured in a loop on the Current 93 EP entitled Where The Long Shadows Fall (Beforetheinmostlight). Adult males can reach soprano with the aid of their falsetto voice, with the primary exception being Michael Maniaci, whose vocal chords didn't develop fully during puberty, making him the only true male soprano vocalist. However, Maniaci lacks the bass and baritone range that all other adult male singers possess.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=ExoXile;930783]Huh, guess he didn't.hitler was not involved in the final solution

exo isn't allowed to post in this thread

It's been recently discovered why we yawn. Before it was a mystery with only theories but, it's solved apparently.

We yawn as a way to control the temperature of our brain. As our brain heats it need oxygen to cool it back down, and a huge intake of air delivers said oxygen. You can decrease the need to yawn by breathing through your nose or holding an icepack to your forehead. Also, a yawn is contagious because when your brain sees another person or animal yawning it effectively thinks "oh yeah, I could go for a good cool down" and thus you yawn. So it's essentially a signal or reminder to others to do the same.

Also, scientists awhile back made a guitar that's, like, 6 nanometers in length with strings that can be plucked. The sound it creates is too high to hear, but nonetheless is can play music.

And a nanometer is around one one billionth of a meter. For a comparison, the width of a human hair is 10,000 nm. So it's ridiculously small.

Also, a meter isn't determined by a physical measurement like a yard or foot is. The length of a meter was determined by the speed of light per second per meter. Therefore if the speed of light in a vacuum was ever to suddenly alter it's not the actual speed of light that will change, but the length of a meter.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Also, a meter isn't determined by a physical measurement like a yard or foot is. The length of a meter was determined by the speed of light per second per meter. Therefore if the speed of light in a vacuum was ever to suddenly alter it's not the actual speed of light that will change, but the length of a meter.

I don't get it.

The history of a meter from what I can remember:

The meter was defined as one ten millionth of the distance to somewhere and the north poll. Then people were all nah **** that and instead defined it as the length of a prototype bar of some obscure metal at the International Bureau of Weights and Measures, which is measured at a specific temperature. Like around zero degrees or something. Then the wanted to refine it further and it became (typing this part from a book now because I can't remember the rest) 1,650,763.73 wavelengths, in a vacuum, of light emitted by the unperturbed atomic energy-level transition 2p10 to 5d5 of the krypton-86 isotope.

This is actually real.

Eventually people were like "ugh, the speed of light is easier to measure than a ****ing meter." So some dude is like "you know what, **** this ****, no more measuring a meter. From now on we're just defining it." And to do this they took the then best value of the speed of light which was 299,792,458 meters per second. So now the meter was forced into units of speed of light turning the meter into 1/299,792,458 of the distance light travels in one second in a vacuum.

Therefore if anyone measured the speed of light any more accurately you'd have to adjust the length of a meter, rather than the speed of light instead.

it's pretty interesting stuff if you give a **** about said stuff

Posted by Ant

oh. yeah that makes sense.

The author of the book when he's talking about the isotope thing says "Obvious, when you think about it" and I'm just like "what a ****ing dick"

Grapefruit and "the pill" can produce complications in women that may result in amputation.