Killzone 2

Posted by maian

It's on the European store. Make a euro account, and download it immediately. And then discuss. Personally, I think it's awesome. It's a bloody beautiful game, and loads of fun to play. A great shooter, from what it seems like so far. Anybody else excited for this?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Played bits of the beta and was pretty impressed. Once you get used to the wacky momentum and purposely sluggish controls it's a pretty great game. Looking forward to trying the single-player out.

Posted by maian

I'm really excited. However, I'm raging at the fact that there's no bloody splitscreen. I mean, really? Not only that, but this game is going to implement bots into the multiplayer, AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN PUTTING SPLITSCREEN INTO THE GAME.

Such a waste. =/ Why do developers think that splitscreen doesn't need to exist anymore now that online is taking over? It's not like one can replace the other.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Next to no game includes splitscreen anymore because there's only a very small section that still uses it. Plus, if they put ii splitscreen but no online splitscreen people still complain. But when they do do that then everyone complains because it causes the lobby to crash or the game to lag. Easier to leave it out.

Posted by maian

Still, am I the only one that really misses it? =/ Local multiplayer gaming is so much fun, and it's a completely different experience than online. Bleh.

Posted by TimeSkipz

I miss it, but it doesn't take away any bit of awesomeness from this showcase blockbuster **** storm of a game!

Posted by Near

I know I am a bit late on this thread, but thought I would voice my opinion on how good Killzone 2 is.

I've owned it since it was released, and me and a buddy played it non-stop for a while. Since there is no split-screen, which sucks, we simply took turns passing the controller back and forth. The graphics are stunning, I can't get over how good this game looks. It plays some what realistically, not like Halo where you can jump 15 feet into the air.

Gun selection is critical in certain situations, plus ammo can be hard to find for certain weapons throughout the game, which makes it slightly more difficult than your average FPS.

Grenades actually serve a purpose, so I actually use them when it benefits me.

Last thing is how hard some parts can be. There are some sections towards the end of the game that are really challenging. I say towards the end, but I am not sure since I have still not beat the game. I got to a certain part, and now I just keep dying, so I decided to just kind of give the game a rest for a while while I play some other things.

I'll stick it in often to try and get past the part I am at, but I keep dying :-P. Hopefully I will be successful before long, which I am sure I will be, because of the challenge I continue to play determined to beat the game.

I would easily give this game a 4 out of 5.

Posted by netman

I really didn't like it. I bought it, played it for a bit, and just didn't feel it so i returned it and got gta4 and uncharted for the same price.