Next Zelda instalment

Posted by ExoXile

So how and when do you think it will be?
It's a bit early to discuss maybe, but I'm really craving for a new Zelda.

I hope they have a world that looks much like TP's, but with much greater depth.
And larger, much larger.

As for the story, I can't even speculate, I just trust it'll be good.

And I hope they show off with some neat graphics, the Wii kinda needs it.

So curious I could burst, **** you and your secrecy Nintendo! X_X>_< (That one's for you, Klarth. :-*)

Oh, and hopefully there will be something new about it at E3.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

a larger world? what the hell are you talking about

as a TRUE zelda fan i know that what we need is a smaller world. this series is special to me. i mean, link in twilight princess looks NOTHING like link in a link to the past. what the **** nintendo, he looks like a tank. it doesnt make sense.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also i like your new sig exo

Posted by ExoXile

It's almost like we're twinsies. ^_^

Posted by coromoro

Actually, I think it's about time Nintendo released some info about the next Zelda. :(

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, I'm pretty much dying for any information.
Something simple would suffice.

I swear to *** if link looks like a tank I'll be so ****ing ****ed i'd **** in my hat and eat it.

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, that'd be ****ed up.

But yeah, I'd personally love to see cel-shaded graphics again. :cool:

Posted by ExoXile

I wouldn't mind it, but I'd actually like to see a realistic one and see what boundaries they could push with the Wii.

I just realised it would actually make sense in Link was a tank, but it would still **** me off to no end.

Posted by coromoro

It would make sense? Why?

Posted by ExoXile

Because he goes around swinging a sword, sometimes a 2-handed one.
Sometime a magaton hammer, sometimes a huge ball on chains.

This is often explained by the gloves and bracelets, but you know.
If he was a tank it would explain how he could so so without them.

Not RE5 tank because that's redonkulus.
But a little buff, maybe.

Posted by muffla

I really liked windwaker but couldent really get into twilight princess, any ideas why or am i just retarted. (umm dont answer that)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

2010. New DS title.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Didn't enjoy TP much either. I hope they do a diffrent villian like Majora's Mask, I'm kind of sick of the parallel Hyrules in which Zelda gets kidnapped.

PH2 already confirmed.

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, but the Wii one.
Wanna know more.

Posted by maian

Actually, most people were expecting to get some info on Zelda at last year's E3. Instead though, we got Wii Music. I'm really glad though, because it truly is a AAA title.

The reality is though, the new Zelda has been in development for almost to more than two years now. When the Wii was released, several sources confirmed a new, Wii-exclusive Zelda was already in development. I believe Nintendo is ready at any moment now to reveal it, but either way, it would be years before it would be released. What I want in the new Zelda game is a soul, because TP had none.

I believe Zelda games are the best when you believe the world you're fighting for is truly being threatened. LTTP had the Dark World, OOT had Ganondorf completely ravage Hyrule. I loved WW, but TP lacked in so many departments for me, and especially that one. All Ganondorf did was say "I HAVE POWERZ LOL NOW I'M LOCKING MYSELF IN A GOLD PYRAMID COME FIGHT ME HAHA"

I just hope it's good. My hope for the series is waning.

Quoted post: I just hope it's good. My hope for the series is waning.

Why? Every main game has been great. Even if you didn't like TP it's still a better game than the vast majority.

Posted by coromoro

I freaking loved Twilight Princess. It's truly a fantastic game, and I don't understand why some were disappointed with it.

Anyway, I don't really know what to expect for the next Wii Zelda. TP is really just a GameCube game, so I'm hoping they do something amazing with the motion sensing capabilities that have not been pushed to its full potential yet. No Wii game has actually impressed me with its motion sensing controls. I want a new experience.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

listen to coromoro.... his **** is deep.

they wont do motion sensing though. too much money to be made shovelling the waggle.

They've already said TP was the last traditional Zelda on a console for awhile. So expect something lame.

fuuuuuck, zelda minigames. *******it

Posted by coromoro

****, I hope hot. Anyone remember that Tetra's Trackers bull**** game that--thank go[b]d--got cancelled?[/b]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

link's.... CROSSBOW TRAINING

I'd bet fifty bucks on a minigame.

Probably lose because the last people that want that to happen is Nintendo. But I'd still put money on it. Probably just going to be something different like four swords or something.

Posted by ExoXile

And they would have been working on this for 2-3 years?
That would be ridiculous.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

but also plausible given nintendo's terribad past

It's nintendo. they take forever to do anything.

fallout 3 was created faster than the majority of nintendo's games

Posted by ExoXile

[quote][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks"]Bethesda Softworks[/URL] started working on Fallout 3 in July 2004
Nintendo takes more than 4 years to complete stuff?
Surely MP3 didn't take that long, at least.

mp3 wasn't created by nintendo.

was an exaggeration anyways.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

retro studios DUMBASS

Posted by ExoXile

Do you want another RE5 thread or what?

A whole other thread of you being wrong? sure.

Retro isn't Nintendo. They're owned by Nintendo. Nintendo EAD != Retro.

Posted by ExoXile

Nintendo was always working close with Retro Studios.
It's a first party developer and whatever.

Stop being so ****ing biased and make everything I say and do wrong.

Or just keep going, as said, I'm bored.
Don't mind drama.

No. Sorry. It's like saying Microsoft made Halo. No, they didn't. Bungie made Halo even though they were a first-party developer.

Posted by ExoXile

But Nintendo did create Metroid...
And it's nothing like it, Nintendo actually works closely with Retro studios.
I don't even know why the hell we even argue about this, wait, lemme check...

Oh right, Nintendo takes ages to complete a game.
Yeah, they do.
Glad we're over that one.

Quoted post: But Nintendo did create Metroid...

This has no bearing on anything whatsoever. And all parent companies like to get their fingers in their daughter companies' business. Hell, Sony used to send down their own people to properly tailor Madden to the PS2, and they're not even connected to EA. Nintendo isn't any different than the rest in this case.

Posted by maian

Eh, idk. Nintendo said it'd be the last Zelda "in it's current form." My guess is that they're working on something entirely new, but a title that will still count as one of the main, chronological Zelda titles. I'm guessing it'll be the first in something new, like Metroid Prime or Ocarina of Time were. I personally don't mind this, because whenever Nintendo says that, it works really well.

Posted by Last Fog

What they mean is the next Zelda will be some casual, "wii-centric" bull****.

Agreed completely. I mean, what else do you expect? It's "current form" can't really be altered all that much, unlike pre-Ocarina and pre-Prime. If anything it's going to be more streamlined and easier/casual-centric.

Posted by Inuyasha

I've heard on youtube that the new games comin' out sometime this month.

Posted by Kamek

I played TP right after I played Okami because I bought them both around the same time. Biggest mistake ever. Okami was one of the top 20 games I've played ever. TP couldn't really hold a candle to the fun I felt in Wind Waker. I just hope the next Zelda throws it back to that epic, new, fresh, surprising feeling that WW left me with.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Agreed completely. I mean, what else do you expect? It's "current form" can't really be altered all that much, unlike pre-Ocarina and pre-Prime. If anything it's going to be more streamlined and easier/casual-centric.

I don't think so. I just don't think Nintendo will just let go of the game like that. This is Zelda we're talking about. They wouldn't just murder Zelda like that. By saying that they're going to alter its current form, does imply that they're going for a more casual approach, but it doesn't make sense to me that they'd do that to freaking Zelda. They know all of us hardcore fans are against it. Nintendo has been lacking in the software department lately, but they won't disappoint us with the few game series that us hardcore gamers still have (Zelda, Mario, and Metroid). I just don't see that happening, and if it does, the respect I have for Nintendo will completely disappear.

As to what this alteration of the "current form" could be, who knows? Perhaps it's just some more in-depth motion-sensing controls that go far beyond what we'd expect, or maybe something we can't even imagine because it's just so revolutionary. Or maybe that's just me hoping...

It's not like this new form will be the form they still with forever. It could be something they just try out, mix things up with like WW and Four Swords. But super casual.

Posted by maian

Eh, I think the only way to use the Wiimote effectively IS to go to a new form. I don't know if it's just me, but motion sensing felt tacked on and retarded to me in TP (I prefer the GC version). I'm sure they're reinventing the wheel a bit for Zelda with the new controls, but like I said, whenever Nintendo makes a big change, it always ends up working out. So, I'm expecting something really good.

...However, Nintendo has been sucking lately, and I'm declaring right now that I will NOT be surprised if Zelda turns into some super crappy casualfest game.

Nintendo isn't sucking. Just everyone else.

Also, the controls felt tacked on because they were.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's not like this new form will be the form they still with forever. It could be something they just try out, mix things up with like WW and Four Swords. But super casual.

Yeah, could be, but I don't think it would replace the real, full-fledged adventure that we'd expect. They might separately release a little game, like Four Swords.

Posted by maian

The only Zelda games that count for me are the main games on the consoles. If Nintendo announces a new Four Swords, or a portable adventure, or Link's Crossbow Training etc, I just say "eh", and continue to wait for the next REAL Zelda game.

I could be doing that for a very long time. :(

Posted by coromoro

Have faith, maian. It will come!!

Posted by maian

Oh well, I'll keep scrambling to even keep up with all the games I have to play on PS3 until then. :cookie:

Posted by Noir

So, I'm gonna go ahead and have faith because...it's Zelda. As far as the casual thing goes, no casual crowd has ever gone for Zelda. Its fanbase has always been pretty hardcore, so why would they trash the faithful, surefire crowd for something that will most likely not work? Just doesn't seem very plausible to me. I'm crossing my fingers for voice acting. Perhaps Miyamoto has realized the error of his ways and decided to add it...I don't know, of course, but the possibility always remains.
And, just a little feeling--
I think I remember reading something on how Aiwata or whatever his name is (that MM and TP guy) didn't care for the pattern of announcing the game too early in development, having people lament on what had been taken out or added or whatnot, and releasing the game about 2 years later (in some cases, four).
...So...:dunno:

Posted by ExoXile

Your text is kind of tedious to read...

Anyway, yeah, I'll let them have my faith for a bit.
Their fanbase is like one of the biggest, it would be pretty retarded, and a punch in the face of their followers to mess it up.

I believe in you Ninty!! ^__^

Posted by Noir

Oh, is it the way I structured my paragraphs?
Well, anyway, yeah. No matter what, Nintendo's still a G, as is Zelda. And Link with his sexy @$$. Whoo.

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, Noir pretty much explained how I feel about Zelda. :cool2:

Posted by maian

Yes, Nintendo does have the philosophy of revealing their games fairly late in development. I give them my respect for that. It's when they do that with the honest intent of releasing it soon, and then delay it. And then again. And then again. And then again, until two years later the game is finally released. I would forgive them if it was a once in a while kind of thing, BUT IT'S EVERY BLOODY FIRST PARTY GAME THEY EVER RELEASE.

As far as voice acting goes, I would love it in a Zelda game. If they got a good actor for Link, I'd even be all for giving him a character. If not, whatever, it's the same Link we've always known, and he wouldn't need a voice. My worry? It seems most Nintendo games I've seen with voice acting have been...pretty bad. I was excited for voice acting in Metroid Prime 3, and look how that turned out!

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=maian;927176] I was excited for voice acting in Metroid Prime 3, and look how that turned out!
Huh? The voice acting in MP3 was all right I think.
In fact, I was relieved it was as good as it was.

Also, Link with a voice wouldn't work.
He doesn't need a voice actor.
I'd prefer it if they left him mute.

I would however like it if the others had voice actors.
That would be pretty cool.

But Link, speaking? no thanks.

Posted by Ant

I liked the voice acting in MP3. :/

As for the next Zelda. Wetdream is that it'd be extremely dark and bloody and all that ****. Certain parts with Midna in TP had a strange dark feeling to them, but a full fledged gory Zelda game if made correctly would stand out amongst the rest and probably manage to bring in a lot of gamers back to Nintendo.

of course this isn't going to happen. so I'll be optimistic and presume that whatever they come out with will be fun and a must buy for all of us.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

they need to do the opposite and make it super-stylized with lots of color and ****. even if its just a more detailed version of wind waker/phantom hourglass's theme. really captures the zelda mood.

VO in MP3 was pretty good. As good as most games anyways.

Quoted post: If they got a good actor for Link,

Why bother. Leave him as is. Tons of games leave the main-character silent even though there's full VO for everything else and it works more than okay.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

link is meant to be you. in the freakin game. why the hell would you want a VA for him.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

next you'll be wantin a freakin karma system and dialogue trees and ****

That makes sense actually. Not like your character in fallout talks and you have more control of "you" than you do in the case of Link.

Posted by maian

Ugh. I said I'd be totally down for Link talking IF they got a good voice actor for him, but I wouldn't care whatsoever if he didn't talk, because that's always how Link has been. Both ways are great to me.

Posted by Noir

You know, I think it'd be kinda cool for Link to talk--but just a little bit. We can still get the idea of him being the "silent protagonist", but he doesn't have to be painfully just...mute.
It's implied that he talks anyways--either through various choices the player can make or the screen just goes black for a bit. (Like when that fat chick asks him what happened to the children in TP?)

Posted by Dr. Rockso

He already says "Hyaaaaaaaaa!." What more can you ask for.

Posted by Noir

I don't know. Perhaps something a bit more...deep? With more meaning?
Like he did in Ocarina of Time. "...Link." Perfect.

Posted by maian

That's one complaint I had about Twilight Princess. It IS possible to give Link a distinct character without ever having him speak. In my opinion, Wind Waker Link had a lot of character. He seemed more...real than the others, despite being in the most cartoony game. Twilight Princess seemed like it took a step backwards. Maybe it didn't, because Link did indeed express emotion in it, but TP Link just seemed like a completely cliche hero, with not much of a personality that was in any way unique.

Posted by coromoro

I freaking loved TP Link, actually. The expressions were just so great. There was something about seeing his expression as he saw Midna for the first time in her natural form... Beautiful. :')

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, TP was pretty expressing.
Dunno what maian is on about.

Quoted post: Ugh. I said I'd be totally down for Link talking IF they got a good voice actor for him, but I wouldn't care whatsoever if he didn't talk, because that's always how Link has been. Both ways are great to me.

And I'm saying he should stay mute. Whether or not they can find a good voice actor. Which they could.

Quoted post: Wind Waker Link had a lot of character. He seemed more...real than the others, despite being in the most cartoony game.

Agreed. Probably helped that that the world itself had more character and the npcs felt more real. Had nothing to do with Link... more to do with everything around him.

Quoted post: Ugh. I said I'd be totally down for Link talking IF they got a good voice actor for him, but I wouldn't care whatsoever if he didn't talk, because that's always how Link has been. Both ways are great to me.

And I'm saying he should stay mute. Whether or not they can find a good voice actor. Which they could.

Quoted post: Wind Waker Link had a lot of character. He seemed more...real than the others, despite being in the most cartoony game.

Agreed. Probably helped that that the world itself had more character and the npcs felt more real. Had nothing to do with Link... more to do with everything around him.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;927896]
Yeah, the major downer with TP.
Why the hell did they do that to Kakariko?
And it would have been fine if there was more than 3 ****ing places with people.

Would've been so much more own if they just had some deep side quests and more, and more compelling characters.

Posted by Noir

I'd definitely like more side quests. More character interaction, too--like in MM. How you kept a journal and everything...that was really cool. It gave a great distraction from the original story and helped for replay value. The replay value on TP kinda sucked. :(

Posted by maian

THAT'S what I hated most about TP. The world just had no soul. When I saw screenshots for Castle Town before release (which never ended up in the game, by the way), I was extremely excited because I assumed that'd it be like every other 3D Zelda game ever made, in which every character is indeed a character, and one you can speak to. And if they're not speakable, they're still a distinct person you always recognize in the environment.

...Instead, I went to Castle Town, and found about four NPCs I could even speak to, none of which were very interesting, and they were certainly just as generic looking, since they were just reused skins, like all the citizens of Castle Town. Kakariko Village was a joke. Even later in the game when they used Ordon citizens and Gorons to populate the town, I still couldn't get past the fact that like, 50% of the buildings aren't even accessible, and that, realistically, a grand total of THREE people lived in the city in normal conditions.

...Even WITH the city populated, there was still about half as much to do as there was in Ocarina of Time's Kakariko Village, ten years ago. Even OOT's Market had more personality. I then found "original" Kakariko Village, and was disappointed that they made no effort at all to make it look even close to the original, despite the fact that it was HEAVILY hinted that it was indeed the one from OOT.

And just...blah. Ordon was nothing special, Zora's Domain was conceptually interesting, but fell short of actually being cool, Death Mountain looks like a crappy mess in the horizon (what happened to the smoke ring? Or the fact that it was bloody SHAPED LIKE A MOUNTAIN?), and almost all the NPCs weren't interesting, and TP lacked sidequests. It's everything I love about Zelda, not done right.

...Which is why Majora's Mask still stands out as the best game ever made to me. Everything was done completely right. :(

Posted by ExoXile

Zora's domain was pretty awesome, and I liked Ordon.
And snow peak had a really great atmosphere.

A lot of the game was fantastic, just needed more places, or more developed such.

And the reason Kakariko Village was inhabited by three people if because the rest was slaughtered, if anyone remembers.

TP was great. It had faults but it was still a really fun experience and I honestly didn't even dawn on the faults until a few days later. Still had fun, still better than the majority of big games, so whatever.